Micro-Peace

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1299045434' post='2649325']
Yes, them deciding to fight on in defense of their allies certainly means they wanted to pay you for the trouble when it was finished.
[/quote]

If you want to look at it that way, Misfits were fighting alongside their allies TOO. :o Shocking right?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1299045434' post='2649325']
Yes, them deciding to fight on in defense of their allies certainly means they wanted to pay you for the trouble when it was finished.
[/quote]

Correct
If they value their allies enough to attempt to destroy my alliance mates then yes they understand and accept that they will be asked to pay reps should they fail. When I ask Misfits to attack an alliance in defense of VE I understand that should we lose reps will probably come our way.
I value my alliance mates enough to make sure the guys attacking them with only an optional obligation to do so pay them for some of the damage they caused.

Edited by Frodark

Why are we here debating the merits of an alliance deciding to ask for money from an alliance who declared on them. I know MN are fine with these terms, and I'm sure KoH don't feel too badly about them either.

The comparisons to NPO are laughable. This is small potatoes stuff, if MoB was taking after her roots in NPO then we'd probably see Fro as the root admin of KoH's forums, and any member who spoke out against MN here sentenced to EZI and driven from Bob. Stop grasping for straws here and accept it for what it is, two alliances who found something close to an amicable conclusion to their war.

I think KoH fought well, although at times certain people were far less than honorable or ethical in their combat. If that played into these terms, I am not sure of. The first I had heard of this decision including reparations was when I read the OP.

Our protectorates are just better than other people's protectorates I guess. They don't even need us to negotiate peace for them, they are more than capable of it themselves.

I'm sure NpO is proud of KoH for fighting in their defense, and I'd like to take this moment before I put my nation on standby for the night to reiterate how downright proud I am of MN joining us in our battle against Polar, and in CB assisting MN when they found themselves countered. Couldn't ask for anything more of them, thanks guys (and gals).

Edited by goldielax25

[quote name='ali5541' timestamp='1299045136' post='2649318']
You seem to have missed the fact that VE has nothing to do with the reps. Thank you very much.
[/quote]

You are a fool to assume that VE wasn't pulling the strings on this one. And lets pretend it was Misfits that decided the reps. Are your protectorates not a reflection of yourself?

Why the hate? After saying this, I bring your attention to this rather fitting song by a group, despite their latest performance, will always be remembered and [b]loved[/b].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1299046149' post='2649340']
Why are we here debating the merits of an alliance deciding to ask for money from an alliance who declared on them. I know MN are fine with these terms, and I'm sure KoH don't feel too badly about them either.[/quote]

That really doesn't make it right...

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1299046149' post='2649340']The comparisons to NPO are laughable. This is small potatoes stuff, if MoB was taking after her roots in NPO then we'd probably see Fro as the root admin of KoH's forums, and any member who spoke out against MN here sentenced to EZI and driven from the game. Stop grasping for straws here and accept it for what it is, two alliances who found something close to an amicable conclusion to their war.[/quote]

Your boy started those comparisons...

[quote name='Frodark' timestamp='1299045530' post='2649326']
The fact that the alliance they attacked has had more wars with a previously sanctioned alliance than Hyrule had with VE and CB combined means nothing to you guys does it.[/quote]

Please don't class me with the others as "you guys," I like to think of myself as a separate breed entirely.
And It means a lot to me! Congratulations!

[quote name='Frodark' timestamp='1299045530' post='2649326']They have 2 months to pay off half the reps, if they cant rebuild in that time to have more than two nations with decent enough size to help pay reps then they are lacking in econ skills or they had no warchests to aid in their rebuilding(which would mean a responsible alliance leader wouldnt have oAed into a war with low warchests).
[/quote]

They can only give a maximum of 6 million to any one nation per 10 days. That's 36 million over the course of 2 months... That's really not a lot. They have a nation around 15 k NS, that after those 2 months may be able to help, depending on if he is a smart player or not. Other than that, they really don't have anyone close, that could be capable even with 36 million...

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1299044746' post='2649310']
Criticism is pointless, got it.
[/quote]
Criticism is great, go and criticize. The problem is you don't do criticism. What you do is musically equivalent to high pitched static, white noise aimed at whoever happens to be doing well at any given time. If you actually stood for something, actually presented some kind of cogent, coherent, useful thought process, then there might be a point to what you say. What we get instead is a consistent pattern of general hostility pointed at the largest audience you can find essentially every time you speak and I would be hard pressed, I think, to find someone who doesn't know it. The worst part of it all is that you are so convinced of your own wit and cleverness when you've yet to display either.

I'm done with you. You've derailed this enough with behavior reminiscent of a baboon frat boy and as a community we have better things to do than give you more time in the spotlight and more time on the podium.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1299046603' post='2649350']
They can only give a maximum of 6 million to any one nation per 10 days. That's 36 million over the course of 2 months... That's really not a lot. They have a nation around 15 k NS, that after those 2 months may be able to help, depending on if he is a smart player or not. Other than that, they really don't have anyone close, that could be capable even with 36 million...
[/quote]

Help me with the math here, 2 nations can sent 6 mil to each target, but I don't think misfits is only going to be having all the cash go to only two nations.

Edit: Oh somebody else just clarified you meant KoH to their own guys, not KoH paying MN. In that case I feel obliged to point out that outside aid is not forbidden. KoH doesn't have to rebuild themselves. In fact, technically somebody else could pay these reps for KoH as long as they funneled it through KoH nations first.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299046946' post='2649360']
Help me with the math here, 2 nations can sent 6 mil to each target, but I don't think misfits is only going to be having all the cash go to only two nations.
[/quote]

I was speaking on behalf of their rebuilding effort, but I admit, I messed up on my own infra-cost charts there. They could probably have 4 or 5 nations help pay off reps, if done correctly. Which makes this slightly less harsh (especially since the initial cut-off was pushed to May 1st). Still don't like it, but my grievance stops here, I guess.

Good luck to KoH in rebuilding.

Also, to the edited part of your post this is true. But their only ally is kinda in this war thing that's going on. So while outside aid isn't forbidden, it's certainly not guaranteed either.

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1299046884' post='2649357']
You're successful? News to me. And as someone who has been in many micro alliances and knowing you and yours the fact that you'd ask for such reparations from such a small alliance is pathetic but reflective on you and your alliance so it's not in the least surprising.

You just want to become fat on reps, reminiscent of a person who has a penchant for the overweight and obese.
[/quote]
Do you lack the ability to read? KoH was offered white peace twice, and informed them of what was waiting for them. Besides the fact that small, inconsequential reps like these would be justified in the first place, acting as if KoH has been horribly wronged when they were given multiple opportunities to leave the front with white peace is utterly ridiculous.

KoH is perfectly capable of easily paying these reps, and they've been given plenty of time to do it. There is not near enough substance to them to get Misfit Nations "fat on reps." My singular nation, which has been in 5 full rounds of war and was small to begin with, could easily provide more aid to Misfit Nations than these reps would. These are very minimal reps, even for a micro, given on a reasonable timetable. You have nothing of substance to complain about, which must be the source of this useless drivel oozing from your mouth.

Edit: Grammar fail.

Edited by Vesalius

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299046181' post='2649341']
I hope not, since WC didn't take or want any reps. His only request was no reentry, as was ours.
[/quote]

[i]“One who condones evils is just as guilty as the one who perpetrates it.”[/i]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1299048157' post='2649377']
[i]“One who condones evils is just as guilty as the one who perpetrates it.”[/i]
[/quote]

[i]"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"[/i]

I believe you have forgotten to congratulate KoH on peace.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='ali5541' timestamp='1299045775' post='2649332']
If you want to look at it that way, Misfits were fighting alongside their allies TOO. :o Shocking right?
[/quote]
Um, ok? Not sure how that has any bearing whatsoever on what I said. Every alliance in this war is fighting for their allies, except the initial defenders. Unless you mean that Misfits fighting alongside their allies justifies the rep demands somehow? Help me, I'm confused.

[quote name='Frodark' timestamp='1299045866' post='2649334']
Correct
If they value their allies enough to attempt to destroy my alliance mates then yes they understand and accept that they will be asked to pay reps should they fail. When I ask Misfits to attack an alliance in defense of VE I understand that should we lose reps will probably come our way.
I value my alliance mates enough to make sure the guys attacking them with only an optional obligation to do so pay them for some of the damage they caused.
[/quote]
Excellent, so you concede the reps are simply designed to be punitive. Now explain why you felt that KoH needed more punishment besides the beatings their nations had already taken. They are well within their rights to defend their ally through an optional treaty. It seems to me that you are simply trying to regain some face and spark some life into your withered e-peens after failing to bring KoH to surrender yourselves. Following an optional treaty into a losing war isn't bandwagoning, bro.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1299048726' post='2649384']
[color="#FF0000"][i]"You're fooling yourself if you argue with a fool - others may not know the difference" [/i][/color]
[/quote]

[i]"A penny saved is a penny earned"[/i]

I know man, I know. Whats important is that the terms are evil, or something.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1299048466' post='2649381']

Excellent, so you concede the reps are simply designed to be punitive. [/quote]

I love how people always bring this up like its a revelation. Of course its punitive, does it look like it covers the actual damage caused? Next you'll be calling it extortion and acting suprised too. Every rep's ever levied has been extortion. You either pay or the war continues. Its the very definition.

[quote]Now explain why you felt that KoH needed more punishment besides the beatings their nations had already taken. [/quote]

Because getting beat up isnt the punishment for losing a war, its the process of losing a war.

[quote]They are well within their rights to defend their ally through an optional treaty.[/quote]

And its well within Misfits rights to ask for some damages.

[quote]
It seems to me that you are simply trying to regain some face and spark some life into your withered e-peens after failing to bring KoH to surrender yourselves. Following an optional treaty into a losing war isn't bandwagoning, bro.
[/quote]

Wow, I didn't think the quality of discourse on the OWF could sink any lower, but you have brought us a new low.

[quote name='ali5541' timestamp='1299045775' post='2649332']
[/quote]

i think i missed the part where koh demanded reps from mn :unsure:

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299048332' post='2649380']
[i]"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"[/i]

I believe you have forgotten to congratulate KoH on peace.
[/quote]

The fact that you are trying to avoid the truth in the quote says everything.

Doesn't matter who requested or who is receiving the reparations, everyone who condoned this are equally guilty, your alliance is even more because you are their protectors and theoretically were your role teach them what's the right thing to do, not that I have expectations about VE know the difference about right and wrong.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299048886' post='2649388']
I love how people always bring this up like its a revelation. Of course its punitive, does it look like it covers the actual damage caused? Next you'll be calling it extortion and acting suprised too. Every rep's ever levied has been extortion. You either pay or the war continues. Its the very definition.[/quote]
Derp. Yes, it was totally a revelation, and wasn't a response to Fro saying earlier that KoH wanted to pay reps. Even in the post I was directly responding to he still threw the recouping some damages line in.

[quote]Because getting beat up isnt the punishment for losing a war, its the process of losing a war.

And its well within Misfits rights to ask for some damages.[/quote]
And now you do too. Which is it, recouping damages or punishing them for entering on a optional treaty?

[quote]Wow, I didn't think the quality of discourse on the OWF could sink any lower, but you have brought us a new low.
[/quote]
Yes, because you've [i]never[/i] heard that phrase before. My apologies for tainting your pure virgin mind.