• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sho Minamimoto' timestamp='1299052955' post='2649417']
You had a point?
[/quote]

yes. if you read the posts the original quote chain youd understand it

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1299050441' post='2649403']
The fact that you are trying to avoid the truth in the quote says everything.

Doesn't matter who requested or who is receiving the reparations, everyone who condoned this are equally guilty, your alliance is even more because you are their protectors and theoretically were your role teach them what's the right thing to do, not that I have expectations about VE know the difference about right and wrong.
[/quote]

Thank you for unearthing this grave, earth shattering injustice of 75 mil and 300 tech being paid from one protectorate to another. Truly, the world will never be the same.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1299053111' post='2649419']
yes. if you read the posts the original quote chain youd understand it
[/quote]
Just because you state that you have a point, doesn't mean that your point is comprehensible to people who use logic.

[quote name='Sho Minamimoto' timestamp='1299053330' post='2649422']
Just because you state that you have a point, doesn't mean that your point is comprehensible to people who use logic.
[/quote]

so stop being lazy and read the damn posts mr logical

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1299053402' post='2649423']
so stop being lazy and read the damn posts mr logical
[/quote]
I've read through the entire thread. And I'm sure that if you did so aswell, any point you were attempting to make would have been answered. If your 'point' still stands after reading through entire thread (and you call me the lazy one) Feel free to let me know.

Edited by Sho Minamimoto

[quote name='Sho Minamimoto' timestamp='1299053936' post='2649428']
I've read through the entire thread. And I'm sure that if you did so aswell, any point you were attmpting to make would have been answered. If your 'point' still stands after reading through entire thread (and you call me the lazy one) Feel free to let me know.
[/quote]

im pretty sure that not every point ever existing about this hasnt been answered.

my point was the two situations were different. koh never asked for reps from mn and both came in to fight with an ally. he was basically saying they were the same situations but one is demanding reps one isnt.

and yes i have read the thread. actually every thread about mn and koh. i do find it funny that yall had to bring in two other alliances to fight one (specifically one thats having troubles of their own) :lol1:

Seriously? Reps? For a micro?

I haven't seen something this ridiculous since the DT reps

Grats on peace though

Edit: Is VE offering KoH protection during the terms? Or are they out on their own? Since Polar is busy...

Edited by R3nowned

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1299054217' post='2649434']
my point was the two situations were different. koh never asked for reps from mn and both came in to fight with an ally. he was basically saying they were the same situations but one is demanding reps one isnt.
[/quote]

[quote]
1) The Kingdom of Hyrule (henceforth referred to as KoH) hereby [u][b]surrenders[/b][/u] to the Order of Misfit Nations (henceforth referred to as Misfits), the Viridian Entente, and Celestial Being.
[/quote]

You obviously didn't notice the 'surrender' part in the opening post. My point still stands, if that was all you were implying. KoH were never on the winning side, how can they be demanding reps?

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1299054217' post='2649434']
and yes i have read the thread. actually every thread about mn and koh. i do find it funny that yall had to bring in two other alliances to fight one (specifically one thats having troubles of their own) :lol1:
[/quote]

Mr Loup, meet Frodark.

[quote name='Frodark' timestamp='1299045530' post='2649326']
The fact that the alliance they attacked (Misfits) has had more wars with a previously sanctioned alliance than Hyrule had with VE and CB combined means nothing to you guys does it.
[/quote]

Edited by Sho Minamimoto

[quote name='Sho Minamimoto' timestamp='1299054963' post='2649440']
garbage
[/quote]

im not wasting my time arguing this !@#$ with someone who appears to me as an idiot. i will say this: mn is one of two alliances on my !@#$list at this point. (ve being the other)

your second point is nonsense btw. we havent been targeting mn and i dont see anyone else but us on mn's war screens nearly all going out, so what other war are they fighting currently? i could careless how many wars they fought in the past as its a moot point

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1299055042' post='2649441']
When do people understand that [i]its not the amount of reps[/i] being demanded, its the fact that [i]reps are being demanded[/i] that pisses the lot of us off.
[/quote]

they purposefully misunderstand it.

Edited by Roi Loup

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1299044732' post='2649308']
[b]You realize that the opposite is true of you lot? Before Karma NPO was somehow expected to hand out white peace to everyone, and any terms were a horrible injustice.[/b] People moaned and gnashed their teeth daily about it, it was one of their big talking points. Then Karma rolled around and you hand down record terms and that's ok. And then all the reps since. But that's ok too. And that's why people on this side of the cultural divide don't take you seriously either. Seems like everyone's opinions change according to their position on the totem pole, eh?
[/quote]
No it was not. Most alliances that attacked NPO, even those simply honoring defense clauses, expected NPO would force them to disband. [b]Disband.[/b] MK even getting terms from the NPO was surprising. When they did NPO made them destroy wonders. [b]Wonders.[/b] Please stop trying to convince us that your side is acting just like the losing alliances did pre-Karma. No one ever said, "White peace or nothing." back in the that age. I was there, I know how those topics went.

The amount of reps that have to be paid is nothing in this case, I understand why people have issues with reps, but it's pretty laughable the AA's of people making complaints about reps. Give it a rest. Maybe someone will listen if, in the next war your side wins, you offer white peace after a few weeks of war.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1299050769' post='2649405']
Derp. Yes, it was totally a revelation, and wasn't a response to Fro saying earlier that KoH wanted to pay reps. Even in the post I was directly responding to he still threw the recouping some damages line in.

And now you do too. Which is it, recouping damages or punishing them for entering on a optional treaty?
[/quote]

I think you are operating under a misunderstanding of the English language. Damages when awarded refer a compensation to a claimant "damages" do not refer to the damage KoH did during the war, but rather the payment awarded to a claimant.

[quote]
Yes, because you've [i]never[/i] heard that phrase before. My apologies for tainting your pure virgin mind.
[/quote]

I've heard the phrase before, but typically from petulant teenagers, not heads of state. My mistake for expecting any quality from NPO above that of a school child.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1299055042' post='2649441']
When do people understand that [i]its not the amount of reps[/i] being demanded, its the fact that [i]reps are being demanded[/i] that pisses the lot of us off.
[/quote]

Welcome to club, you get a toaster and a name tag. Newspaper room to the left, billiards to the right, smoking zone upstairs.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299041166' post='2649219']
/me double checks the NPO terms from Karma....

Yea sure, 75 mil is steep. We'll go with that.
[/quote]
It is, for Hyrule.

Hyrule have 2 nations at 5K infra or higher.

Put into perspective: This would be like TOP paying out 4.2 billion.

[quote name='Opensource' timestamp='1299046389' post='2649346']
You are a fool to assume that VE wasn't pulling the strings on this one. And lets pretend it was Misfits that decided the reps. Are your protectorates not a reflection of yourself?
[/quote]

If VE are or are not pulling the strings, how is that your business? And if protectorates are a reflection of ourselves then I'm quite glad it is MN. They're quite the fighters and are a great bunch of people. Someday, they will make perfect allies. It's really funny how people get so worked up over some small reps because a declaring alliance lost. Instead of whining here, go talk to KoH and get their side of the story. They were quite happy with the terms, almost too happy, and were having a great time last night in the Misfits channel.

[quote name='ali5541' timestamp='1299073048' post='2649539']
If VE are or are not pulling the strings, how is that your business? And if protectorates are a reflection of ourselves then I'm quite glad it is MN. They're quite the fighters and are a great bunch of people. Someday, they will make perfect allies.[b] It's really funny how people get so worked up over some small reps because a declaring alliance lost[/b]. Instead of whining here, go talk to KoH and get their side of the story. They were quite happy with the terms, almost too happy, and were having a great time last night in the Misfits channel.
[/quote]

Did you hit a wall or something? When can you get around to the fact that people are pissed of because of the fact [i]reps are being demanded[/i]....???? The amount of reps is totally irrelevant, it's the fact people extort others and demand blood money.

75m is actually fairly high considering they have like, 2 nations capable of paying it. Their 5th nation, for example, is 5k NS.

But whatever. They passed over white peace, so now they have to pay reps for tangling us up longer.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1299050539' post='2649404']
Very disappointed about the reps, but at least its not a ridiculous amount...

Congrats on peace y'all!
[/quote]
Small correction, it is a ridiculous amount considering KoH's size. The timeline provided is even worse.

Heck, even if i were to assume that reps are justified and the namount is reasonable, the fact that terms require the loot to come from KoH nations is even more ridiculous.....at least allow their allies to help by sending the reps.