Changing TE, Could SE change too?

Sarmatian Empire

If you guys havent seen, Mr. Admin, by the grace of God, has made some pretty serious changes to TE

[quote]) You can purchase up to 100 levels of infras and land at a time instead of 50. (not really a big deal)
2) Nations start out with $5 million startup funds instead of $1 million. (neat)
3) Wars last for 5 days instead of 7 days. (interesting)
4) Nations can change their native resources once every 7 days for free. You can change them immediately after creating your nation instead of having to reroll. Trades get automatically updated to reflect a nation's resource change, so if you're trading for Sugar and Cattle and your trade partner changes to Rubber and Oil now you get Rubber and Oil. (magnificent or chaotic, depends on how you coordinate)
5) Added peak infrastructure and peak land purchased. If your land or infrastructure fall below your peak levels (minus 100 so that you can't cheat) then the purchase cost to replace it is reduced by 50%.
6) Global Radiation Level will be based off of the last 15 days rather than 30 days.
7) The techmod has been increased from 0.01% to 0.1%.
8) The Manhattan Project wonder cost has been increased from $2 million to $5 million.
9) The donation bonus amounts have been doubled.

[/quote]

Now Admin has tested things out in TE before and brought them over, so I gotta ask...which of these do you guys think would hit off well in SE?

Personally, I think the infra peaks would bring more war, much easier time rebuilding thats for sure. The resource swapping is interesting as well

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of these changes are absolute godsends. They do exactly what CN players have long been asking the game to do - easier growth for small nations and faster rebuilding for large nations. Wars will now become faster, more furious and more fun. The only change I don't quite agree with is the new 5-day war limit. Wars IRL don't simply "expire". Although some are simply forgotten about because the two parties haven't attacked each other in a long time. So the new length for wars should be "until peace is declared or if there are no attacks on each other for 3 updates" or something like that. The rest of the changes would be very beneficial to SE though.

I like #1, #2 wudnt have much of an effect in SE, #3 I am not a fan of, #4 id like to see this in SE, except make it so u can reroll every 30 days, #5 idk about this one, #6 I think it shud be added to SE, but then also raise the GRL cap, #7 not a huge fan, #8 wud not like to see cost of MP raised in SE, #9 idc

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1297990419' post='2637088']
All of these changes are absolute godsends. They do exactly what CN players have long been asking the game to do - easier growth for small nations and faster rebuilding for large nations. Wars will now become faster, more furious and more fun. The only change I don't quite agree with is the new 5-day war limit. Wars IRL don't simply "expire". Although some are simply forgotten about because the two parties haven't attacked each other in a long time. So the new length for wars should be "until peace is declared or if there are no attacks on each other for 3 updates" or something like that. The rest of the changes would be very beneficial to SE though.
[/quote]
Well, it was done for TE gameplay reasons, not for realism; fitting in more wars into a short time is important there. It also helps curb beatdowns.

[quote]1) You can purchase up to 100 levels of infras and land at a time instead of 50.[/quote]
I love it.
[quote]2) Nations start out with $5 million startup funds instead of $1 million.[/quote]
Perfect.
[quote]3) Wars last for 5 days instead of 7 days.[/quote]
This will make top tier staggering interesting as peace mode cycles, wars, and nuclear anarchies will all last for 5 days. Conventional strategies will have to change. I dig it.
[quote]4) Nations can change their native resources once every 7 days for free. You can change them immediately after creating your nation instead of having to reroll. Trades get automatically updated to reflect a nation's resource change, so if you're trading for Sugar and Cattle and your trade partner changes to Rubber and Oil now you get Rubber and Oil.[/quote]
Thank god. I could finally get my own uranium.
[quote]5) Added peak infrastructure and peak land purchased. If your land or infrastructure fall below your peak levels (minus 100 so that you can't cheat) then the purchase cost to replace it is reduced by 50%.[/quote]
YES. Wars will become far more frequent with this change.
[quote]6) Global Radiation Level will be based off of the last 15 days rather than 30 days.[/quote]
Again, makes rebuilding easier. I love it.
[quote]7) The techmod has been increased from 0.01% to 0.1%.[/quote]
Eh...I don't know about this one for SE. Infra will get chewed up by superpowered nukes even quicker than it already does (which is pretty damn quick).
[quote]8) The Manhattan Project wonder cost has been increased from $2 million to $5 million.[/quote]
100 mil is a good price in SE. Keep it that way.
[quote]9) The donation bonus amounts have been doubled.[/quote]
Love it. We can charge more tech for them now.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1297990949' post='2637092']
Well, it was done for TE gameplay reasons, not for realism; fitting in more wars into a short time is important there. It also helps curb beatdowns.
[/quote]
Yea well, it wouldn't do SE any good if that rule were brought over here though. SE's more of a long-term thing.

1) You can purchase up to 100 levels of infras and land at a time instead of 50. (not really a big deal)

This would speed up infra purchasing for infra jumps, I don't know about you but I would much rather press a button 10 times rather than 100 times.

2) Nations start out with $5 million startup funds instead of $1 million. (neat)

Interesting, this would make for faster startups of beginners in SE. they could easily purchase a harbor on day 1 and get into the game much sooner.

3) Wars last for 5 days instead of 7 days. (interesting)

I like this, it has been my experience that the last 2 days of a war are usually the least interesting, so lets get rid of them.

4) Nations can change their native resources once every 7 days for free. You can change them immediately after creating your nation instead of having to reroll. Trades get automatically updated to reflect a nation's resource change, so if you're trading for Sugar and Cattle and your trade partner changes to Rubber and Oil now you get Rubber and Oil. (magnificent or chaotic, depends on how you coordinate)

I have been asking for this for years, no more rerolls if you get dud resources.

5) Added peak infrastructure and peak land purchased. If your land or infrastructure fall below your peak levels (minus 100 so that you can't cheat) then the purchase cost to replace it is reduced by 50%.

This would be awesome in SE and make rebuilding after ZI much easier.

6) Global Radiation Level will be based off of the last 15 days rather than 30 days.

Meh, it would still be capped at 5 and stay there most of the time anyhow.

7) The techmod has been increased from 0.01% to 0.1%.

Interesting.

8) The Manhattan Project wonder cost has been increased from $2 million to $5 million.

The MP is expensive enough as it is in SE.

9) The donation bonus amounts have been doubled.

Good idea, more bang for buck may translate into more donations. People want value for money after all.

1, 2, 4, 5, and 9 are my favorites. Gives new players more money, lets you buy more infrastructure at a time provided you can afford it, lets you change you resources which is a godsend for nations stuck with resources nobody else wants to trade for, and making the donation bonus bigger gives a bigger incentive for people to donate.

[quote]1) You can purchase up to 100 levels of infras and land at a time instead of 50.[/quote]
Why not? Seems nice

[quote]2) Nations start out with $5 million startup funds instead of $1 million.[/quote]
Definitly agree here

[quote]3) Wars last for 5 days instead of 7 days.[/quote]
7 days is good for SE imo

[quote]4) Nations can change their native resources once every 7 days for free. You can change them immediately after creating your nation instead of having to reroll. Trades get automatically updated to reflect a nation's resource change, so if you're trading for Sugar and Cattle and your trade partner changes to Rubber and Oil now you get Rubber and Oil.[/quote]
This seems interesting. It'd be cool.

[quote]5) Added peak infrastructure and peak land purchased. If your land or infrastructure fall below your peak levels (minus 100 so that you can't cheat) then the purchase cost to replace it is reduced by 50%.[/quote]
YES!

[quote]6) Global Radiation Level will be based off of the last 15 days rather than 30 days.[/quote]
I think it's good as it is.

[quote]7) The techmod has been increased from 0.01% to 0.1%.[/quote]
More TE

[quote]8) The Manhattan Project wonder cost has been increased from $2 million to $5 million.[/quote]
Good cost in SE right now.

[quote]9) The donation bonus amounts have been doubled.[/quote]
Sure...why not?

1, 2, and 4 are all great. 3 is great for TE, but the war length in SE is fine as it is. 5 would break SE and only exacerbate the old player-new player gap. 7 definitely would break SE. 6 and 8 are good for TE. 9 is good call in general.

Edited by Ardus

Wouldn't the whole changing resource thing just royally arse up every trade circle ever? I have a feeling that would backfire massively as most people would cluster around specific resource sets and some sets would be literally impossible to find. I have wheat and lumber, solid resource set which lots of people would like to have. Having 5000 nations with wheat and lumber would wreck everything in the long run, people wouldn't be able to appreciate short run vs long run values and basically cancel out any profit margin. Tech thing is ridiculous as well, you'd have nukes destroying 10,000 infra per hit for the highest NS ranges

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1297995346' post='2637160']
Wouldn't the whole changing resource thing just royally arse up every trade circle ever? I have a feeling that would backfire massively as most people would cluster around specific resource sets and some sets would be literally impossible to find. I have wheat and lumber, solid resource set which lots of people would like to have. Having 5000 nations with wheat and lumber would wreck everything in the long run, people wouldn't be able to appreciate short run vs long run values and basically cancel out any profit margin. Tech thing is ridiculous as well, you'd have nukes destroying 10,000 infra per hit for the highest NS ranges
[/quote]
If 5000 people decided to switch to wheat and lumber, an awful lot would be looking to switch away from it when they couldn't find any trades.

That said, in this case I believe the selection is random, though the suggestion box topic on the issue proposed some versions with limited choice, balanced with cost.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1297994713' post='2637150']
Most of these are ideas designed for TE... almost 100% unlikely to fold into SE the same exact way.
[/quote]
Agreed, but with some tweaking they could be excellent reforms for SE...and what better time to put in some reforms than after this war?

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1297995346' post='2637160']
[/quote]
I thought this as well, but it shouldnt mess up most circles, if you already have a good circle, why change?

I do think however that resources like furs and gems would be scarce

While some of these would be cool in SE, I think Locke and Lonewolfe hit it... These changes are all about accelerating the pace of play in TE because of the nature of that game. A lot of them are just extensions of things that have been in TE forever, like dirt-cheap MPs and less infra clicks.

-Bama

[b]1) You can purchase up to 100 levels of infras and land at a time instead of 50. [/b]
It would economize my mouse.

[b]2) Nations start out with $5 million startup funds instead of $1 million. [/b]
Doesn't matter for me.

[b]3) Wars last for 5 days instead of 7 days.[/b]
I'm not sure about this one.

[b]4) Nations can change their native resources once every 7 days for free. You can change them immediately after creating your nation instead of having to reroll. Trades get automatically updated to reflect a nation's resource change, so if you're trading for Sugar and Cattle and your trade partner changes to Rubber and Oil now you get Rubber and Oil. [/b]
I don't like it since this will make some resources harder to find. Admin really should find a way to make resources well distributed among the nations.

[b]5) Added peak infrastructure and peak land purchased. If your land or infrastructure fall below your peak levels (minus 100 so that you can't cheat) then the purchase cost to replace it is reduced by 50%.[/b]
I like this one a lot, would be rebuild after wars easier and consequently wars will happen more frequently.

[b]6) Global Radiation Level will be based off of the last 15 days rather than 30 days.[/b]
I don't like this one, I think GRL should have a bigger impact in our nations, not a smaller one.

[b]7) The techmod has been increased from 0.01% to 0.1%.[/b]
Tech :wub:

[b]8) The Manhattan Project wonder cost has been increased from $2 million to $5 million.[/b]
Make MP more expensive is a good idea, since nukes nowadays are just big CMs
[b]
9) The donation bonus amounts have been doubled.[/b]
If this makes Admin earn more money and make CN economically viable to him, consequently making him keep the game updated, I totally support.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1297999807' post='2637235']
I can see how 7 would do that, but how would 5?
[/quote]
As Ardus said, it would make it even harder for younger nations to catch up to older ones (currently the only way to really do it is through warfare as badly prepared nations are beaten down). This would be annoying, but it wouldn't break it. What would is the fact that alliances with large warchests would be even more dominant than they are now which could lead to warfare without the consequences that there are now. While most people want more war, this would make CN more of a war one than a political one and would change the nature of the game (thereby breaking it). As I said, great idea for TE, not so sure about SE.