1500 days of WC

WorldConqueror

Nation Created: 1/7/2007 1:25:58 PM (1,500 days old)

Is this something to be happy about, or deeply ashamed of? At the moment, I'm leaning towards 'both'. In any case, I thought I'd take this opportunity to lord my nation creation date over all those who have not yet joined us wise and handsome folk in the >1500 day club. :v: One day, if you work hard and don't delete your nation, you too could join our glorious master race. In the meantime, I'll throw some words at you.

I've fought in a total of 13 wars, from the post-GWII war against Fark to the current NPO-DH conflict, all but the current one under the banner of the NPO. And I guess those of you who know me would know me as the loud-mouthed Pacifican bridge dweller. To those who trip-trapped over my bridge, sup? :smug: I must admit I enjoy that role, and like to think I'm decent at it. Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking and I don't just sound like Detlev every time I post. Anyway, I think my favourite war is probably the first FAN war, they were tough fighters and this was before MP's so it was an almost purely conventional fight at the 30K range where I was at the time. Had a great squad at the time (FOaD Executors) and we had a lot of fun coordinating attacks on our target FAN nations. Also got to eat my first nuke, so all in all it was a good war. Karma was also quite fun, though not in a political sense :P

Anyway, I've enjoyed my time here, and I look forward to seeing what the post-war world brings, besides Sith domination of course. :>

WorldConqueror, away!

Also, Stumpy, angel wing tattoo best friends forever mang! :wub:

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1297836165' post='2635312']
Jeez we're getting old :( .

Congrats on the getting this far.
[/quote]
I'll swap you some of my arthritis medicine for some of your prune juice. Cheers, you too. Just think, only 42 days until you too are wise and handsome!

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1297838802' post='2635394']
Congrats.

Why the change from NPO?
[/quote]
Well, it was kind of a combination of interrelated things. I'd been at NPO 4 years, and I wanted to experience other alliances and other cultures while I was still here and while there were still a decent number of players here. I'd like to eventually get in to some kind of leadership position, and I think I'd missed the boat in NPO. By the time I'd worked myself into a position where I could possibly be considered for elevation to the top echelons, if a position had opened up I think they would have been more looking for newer blood that both didn't have and wasn't perceived to have 'pre-Karma attitudes and stances'. And finally I think that my attitude was becoming a liability to Pacifica at a time when they were trying to demonstrate change since Karma. While I'm certainly not an old-time Pacifican, I guess I'd consider myself second generation, coming in after the GPW but while the GW period was ongoing. And when I discovered the OWF I tried to model my attitudes and posting style in the tradition of Pacificans like Ivan, Zha, Koona, those types of people. Fast forward a few years to the Karma terms period and there seemed to be very little in the way of a Pacifican voice out here in public. I unofficially took it upon myself to change that, and become pretty prolific in my posting for better or worse, always defending Pacifican actions and Pacifican points of view in that fairly brash style. For a while, when all the NPO needed was a voice, any voice, it worked fairly well. But as time went on and people started looking more and more intently for things that they could proclaim proved that Pacifica had undergone no change, the attitudes born from the period of NPO and WUT dominance which I was displaying became less beneficial and more counter-productive to Pacifica's current goals. And so I figured that it was probably better that I left, rather than become a tool by which Pacifica's enemies could drag her down.

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1297840188' post='2635427']
WorldConqueror, you rock. Keep it up man.
[/quote]
Cheers man, good to see you still hanging round. MAIM KILL BURN.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1297844438' post='2635482']
Congrats i guess.

Now go nuke someone. :P
[/quote]
I can come back out tomorrow. :>

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1297865965' post='2635622']
No I'm pretty sure Detlev's posts are better than yours. Have fun being old, though.
[/quote]
le gasp, you wound me sir.

I noticed the warchest thing after I posted it, I guess tricking people into viewing this topic is my revenge for all those random highlights on IRC when warchests are discussed. Thanks for the congrats's guys.