1500 days of WC

WorldConqueror

I was tricked by the "WC" thing, too. :D

Congrats on 1500 and welcome to the club.
(btw... always liked your Metalocalypse avvie.)

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1297905435' post='2636165']
You should join Polaris you old fart cause I never got to nuke you while I ate plenty of yours in Karma.

Congrats on your longevity.
[/quote]

Lol... I remember this and find it rather amusing. Also, hello, Bill.

1500 days?

Bah! You're just a youngster! Why in my day we had to walk uphill 5 miles in the snow just to get a measly 10K aid package! Nukes? We all had to save our nickels just to help buy one rusty second hand one for our biggest nation. Tech sales? Airplanes? Battleships? We didn't even know what those were back then. Hell, we all just sharpened our pointy sticks and charged at the enemy screaming like Lord of the Flies children. You kids have it easy these days! :P

Just kidding with you. ;)

1500 days is a serious achievement in CN. Especially when so many old timers are rerolls.

1500 days means you stuck with your nation no matter how bad it got at times. The kind of stubbornness I can appreciate. You joined in our first year and have ridden the lighting the whole way. The kind of stoicism that means you will have to be dragged out when Admin tries to turn off the lights.

And I'll be dragged out right beside you. :D

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1297981746' post='2636971']
1500 days?

Bah! You're just a youngster! Why in my day we had to walk uphill 5 miles in the snow just to get a measly 10K aid package! Nukes? We all had to save our nickels just to help buy one rusty second hand one for our biggest nation. Tech sales? Airplanes? Battleships? We didn't even know what those were back then. Hell, we all just sharpened our pointy sticks and charged at the enemy screaming like Lord of the Flies children. You kids have it easy these days! :P

Just kidding with you. ;)

1500 days is a serious achievement in CN. Especially when so many old timers are rerolls.

1500 days means you stuck with your nation no matter how bad it got at times. The kind of stubbornness I can appreciate. You joined in our first year and have ridden the lighting the whole way. The kind of stoicism that means you will have to be dragged out when Admin tries to turn off the lights.

And I'll be dragged out right beside you. :D
[/quote]

Amen to all this, brother.

When I was just a wee GATO nation, tech deals and improvement swaps hadn't been invented yet.

I love your point about old timers being rerolls. I don't think people should lord their tenur here over people if it doesn't correspond to the age of their nation. if they've rerolled since they started, they've most likely given up on their birth nation or were too stupid to read a calendar and map out 20 days.

I've had the same nation since 11/23/06. I've fought in every major war, been ZIed 5 times, been successfully nuked at least 25 times, and fired off at least 80 nukes (damn SDIs). I've considered deleting a couple times, but each time I didn't because of history and experiences I've had the last 4 years. Rolling a high income or high population resource set on a new nation would make growing easier, but I'd miss all the work.

So happy birthday WC and great job not giving up.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1298089741' post='2638011']
Congrats, WC. You're going to need a cane soon.

Also, I thought 'warchest' straight away. :P
[/quote]

I thought "Warrior Concept" and then "I thought he was older than that?"

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1298093080' post='2638091']
I love your point about old timers being rerolls. I don't think people should lord their tenur here over people if it doesn't correspond to the age of their nation. if they've rerolled since they started, they've most likely given up on their birth nation or were too stupid to read a calendar and map out 20 days.
[/quote]

Two crashed computers, internet outages, vacations, 80 hour work weeks, a hospital visit, a hurricane that killed power regionally for 15 days, and even rerouted a business trip to ensure I logged on in time.

I've gone to some serious lengths to keep my nation from deleting. Even when told I would be hunted all across Bob if I didn't delete.

Being here for 4+ years is a good thing. Being here for 4+ years with the same nation is a hard thing.

A lot of baggage to haul along as time goes, but the more that gets piled on the more determined I am to lug it around.

Doesn't matter to me if you fought in the Citrus Wars in a prior life and your current nation is just your newest incarnation. Imo, anyone with a forum join date after October 07, the time that the vast majority of us had moved over from the old forums, is just a n00b.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1298149456' post='2638598']
Two crashed computers, internet outages, vacations, 80 hour work weeks, a hospital visit, a hurricane that killed power regionally for 15 days, and even rerouted a business trip to ensure I logged on in time.

I've gone to some serious lengths to keep my nation from deleting. Even when told I would be hunted all across Bob if I didn't delete.

Being here for 4+ years is a good thing. Being here for 4+ years with the same nation is a hard thing.

A lot of baggage to haul along as time goes, but the more that gets piled on the more determined I am to lug it around.[/quote]

Senior year of college, first year of law school, second year of law school, third year of law school, last year of grad school. I created my nation during my Thanksgiving break of my senior year of college. I've been ZIed in war before and I'm sure a couple people were considering putting me on a ZI list.

It'd sure cut down on other people's confusion if I rerolled to a more suitable name, but losing Duncan King would mean losing my old battered nuked nation.

[quote]Doesn't matter to me if you fought in the Citrus Wars in a prior life and your current nation is just your newest incarnation. Imo, anyone with a forum join date after October 07, the time that the vast majority of us had moved over from the old forums, is just a n00b.
[/quote]

Hell, I'd even extend that to say that anyone with a nation creation date later than mine is more of a noob to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like your posts. Instead of being the normal Pacifican type they actually seem insightful and intelligent. of course I think I told you this. That I was starting to like you and it troubled me that I liked someone from NPO. Then you moved to NSO and the world once again made sense.

Anyway didn't mean to ramble in your special thread. Congrats on being 1500 days old. You're awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1298147905' post='2638586']
The nice thing about being on Nation #5 (or is it 6? I can't recall) is that it obscures how much time I've been hanging around this place.
[/quote]I'm in a somewhat similar position, but I'm aware of my first nation's creation date and the fact that I myself am just about at the 1500 day mark. I'm not going to post a thread though, because these threads are dumb :ph34r:

Edited by HeroofTime55