Will your opinion of Pacifica or Polaris change after this war?

Kalasin

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1297229218' post='2626662']
They hit MK and CnG to remove an obstacle in your way. You thought MK and CnG was going to stay neutral or even join your side? You must be joking.
[/quote]

MK was our ally at the time. While prevailing circumstances did make the relationship strained at the time, we were not terribly concerned that MK would attack us.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1297223719' post='2626552']
Really now? [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Popcorn_War"]Heh.[/url]
[/quote]
Oh god what an absolutely awful list of founders...

PS. Since I have not actually fought any of the Orders in this war (yet) I have nothing to base any opinion-changes on :P Ask me in a few weeks I guess?

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1297229411' post='2626667']
MK was our ally at the time. While prevailing circumstances did make the relationship strained at the time, we were not terribly concerned that MK would attack us.
[/quote]

You're being dense on purpose. Had MK and CnG joined the opposition your coalition would have fell apart had TOP/IRON/DAWN/TORN (and a teeny bit of Carthage :P ) not kept them in check. To achieve victory you need to prevail against opposing forces, TOP helped you to do this but when it was convenient for you to do so you betrayed their trust and gave the opposition the victory TOP tried to help you secure. And now? Those very same people who you assured victory for are now the people who are pummeling you.

I don't know how this isn't accepted as truth as of yet, it's happening right in front of your eyes. The more you deny it the more you hinder your ability to accept the truth and move forward. Let's see how long it takes for you to get it through your heads.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1297228126' post='2626637']
I hate TOP, always will now, and it is a shame because we were actually making very good progress.
[/quote]

Yes we were till...
[quote]
TOP, I screwed you
[/quote]
happened.

But,
[quote]
no amount of discussion is going to change the way we feel about each other right now is it?
[/quote]
when you're right you're right.

NPO: Don't really have an opinion one way or the other right now.

I can say that if anybody believes that Polaris or Pacifica are going to be doing any plotting to "return to the top" they can at this point safely be called idiots.

While I don't really like NPO or NpO, I don't hate them and seeing NPO attacked for literally no good reason and NpO attacked for a meh reason, you can imagine that it's not really my opinion of THEM that has changed.

No, my opinion of Pacifica and Polaris will most likely stay the same as they were before the war. In fact, this war will do nothing to change my opinions regarding most any alliance.Calm interaction, on the other hand, in a frank setting, is very likely to change opinions, either improving or degrading the others' esteem in my view. War just brings that lovely red haze to your vision where you dont want to focus on the stuff that gets in the way of war.

The only alliance which has seen my opinion of them change in the recent past is the New Sith Order, and that too, has nothing to do with this war.

I guess you could say a few of my opinions and perceptions have been reinforced as a result of the machinations leading to this war, but thats about it.

Edit: one more thing, i am pondering taking HeroofTime off my ignore list. If he has stopped the yellow text.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

Not really.
I fought against Pacifica in Karma and since then am mostly neutral towards them.
I was part of the coalition betrayed by Polaris during BiPolar, and really, really enjoy seeing them getting curbstomped and still will consider them the backstabbing traitors they are after this war is done. After all, I sadly am not part of the coalition that is having fun with them now.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1297228126' post='2626637']I have some friends there who will always be friends, but the rest of you are simply #$%^% (insert any other word here I am sick of the consequences for choosing the wrong term). Yes Voytek, that means you :P[/quote]
I wasn't aware I was under any illusions to the contrary?

My opinion of alliances may not change much, but this war and, worse, the posts in threads like this one, make me despair for the maturity of the people with nations around here. A great many are like revenge-crazed fourteen-year-olds, with the same level of emotional maturity and perspective.

I like having the orders around. They serve a purpose in this world. They do stuff, create drama, war, quality propaganda and Pacifican culture gives us endless material for mockery which amuses us to no end. That said, I hope the orders burn in this war, I enjoy their demise too much to stop now.

The orders changing is as likely as them actually realizing they need to change, admitting to their own mistakes and trying to correct them and compromise enough (at least temporarily till they obtain a better position).

So no, not really.

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1297258135' post='2626906']
The orders changing is as likely as them actually realizing they need to change, admitting to their own mistakes and trying to correct them and compromise enough (at least temporarily till they obtain a better position).

So no, not really.
[/quote]

I am interested in this assertion, often quoted as a fact, that the Orders must change. Why? Explain please why the alliances that actually give the world actual balance would go changing anything.

I am intrigued by the notion that nothing is happening, therefore we need something to happen coupled with Orders doing things that make things happen adding up to a bad thing. I literally shake my head when people whine about me attacking \m/ causing all sorts of issues across the treaty web. You simply don't know what you want or are too dense to see it when it is presented to you. Hardly so very surprising.

Some of you can not see what is plainly in front of you, it is largely the reason OOC I think most of you are a little wet behind the ears /OOC.

I can not see Polaris changing to be bottom feeding scum suckers to fit in better with your version of how the world looks. We are what we are, both to spite you and in spite of you and we wont be anything but Polaris no matter how many times you go to the same dry old well.

You love to hate us, all that love has to be a good thing?

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1297258135' post='2626906']

So no, not really.
[/quote]

Why would we need to change? The world moves around us, everybody talk about us, we are the reason of every world war, half of world hates us... If this isn't a sign of success I don't know what success is.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1297260179' post='2626921']
Why would we need to change? The world moves around us, everybody talk about us, we are the reason of every world war, half of world hates us... If this isn't a sign of success I don't know what success is.
[/quote]

So that is why we were attacked, the 12 year olds were jealous. Why didn't they just say so. :awesome:

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1297259326' post='2626915']
I am interested in this assertion, often quoted as a fact, that the Orders must change. Why? Explain please why the alliances that actually give the world actual balance would go changing anything.

I am intrigued by the notion that nothing is happening, therefore we need something to happen coupled with Orders doing things that make things happen adding up to a bad thing. I literally shake my head when people whine about me attacking \m/ causing all sorts of issues across the treaty web. You simply don't know what you want or are too dense to see it when it is presented to you. Hardly so very surprising.

Some of you can not see what is plainly in front of you, it is largely the reason OOC I think most of you are a little wet behind the ears /OOC.

I can not see Polaris changing to be bottom feeding scum suckers to fit in better with your version of how the world looks. We are what we are, both to spite you and in spite of you and we wont be anything but Polaris no matter how many times you go to the same dry old well.

You love to hate us, all that love has to be a good thing?
[/quote]

I totaly agree, why should the orders change, the same as why should MK, FAN or anybody else change, if every alliance is BFF's with every other the sheer weight of boredom will kill everyone. The mere fact people do not like each other is why things are even midly entertaining. Having somebody to rail against be it NpPO or MK et al is the best way for the world to operate.

Much the same as these calls from people of all sides for disbandments etc are also ludicrous. If one side disappears what dynamic is left in the world, conformity of thought is not the answer.

My feelings toward Polar remain unchanged. My feelings toward Pacifica remain largely unchanged, though I actually, now, sympathize with them a bit.

[quote]A better question is "Will your opinion of NPO's enemies change after this war?" [/quote]

This is the far more interesting question -- and I would include NpO's enemies. The principals on each side.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297214592' post='2626319']
Sorry but I haven't done anything that could be construed as attention-seeking in the last year and a half.
[/quote]

And so you want to be "let off" your previous nonsense. And yet despite NPO having done nothing in the last year and a half.....