Announcement from Umbrella and the Mushroom Kingdom

Natan

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1296833708' post='2619285']
MK/Umb/GOONS/FAN attacked with a CB. People need to stop reciting the dumb line. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not there.
[/quote]

TOP opinion about what constitutes a CB is not the best or smart one.

Since the first strike against NPO was based on TOP first strike against CnG and since the leader of MK and various others members of MK, plus members of other alliances like Umbrella, GOONS, ODN, Ronin said that TOP hadn't a CB against CnG, I must conclude that there aren't a CB against NPO too.

Paraphrasing Archon:

The attacks perpetrated by Doom House against the New Pacifica Order were born out of paranoia, unsubstantiated by concrete evidence and ultimately justified by reasoning that boils down to "you weren't going to join the war, because STA and NpO were protecting you, and you were going to become #1 again, thus that's an aggressive threat against us."

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296834721' post='2619293']
Since the first strike against NPO was based on TOP first strike against CnG and since the leader of MK and various others members of MK, plus members of other alliances like Umbrella, GOONS, ODN, Ronin said that TOP hadn't a CB against CnG, I must conclude that there aren't a CB against NPO too.
[/quote]
To be fair, the quote you used from me simply stated that I thought TOP was to paranoid and it led to them attacking MK, not about the validity of the CB itself. :v:

Paraphrasing Archon:

The attacks perpetrated by Doom House against the New Pacifica Order were born out of paranoia, unsubstantiated by concrete evidence and ultimately justified by reasoning that boils down to "you weren't going to join the war, because STA and NpO were protecting you, and you were going to become #1 again, thus that's an aggressive threat against us."
[/quote]

[i]blip

blip

blip[/i]

thats the sound of ur tears dropping d34th

the sound of ur tears....

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1296835351' post='2619299']
[i]blip

blip

blip[/i]

thats the sound of ur tears dropping d34th

the sound of ur tears....
[/quote]

And [i]that[/i] is the sound of someone who can't come up with a logical or intellectual response?

Edited by Roosterton

[quote name='Roosterton' timestamp='1296835501' post='2619300']
And [i]that[/i] is the sound of someone who can't come up with a logical or intellectual response?
[/quote]
I was missing "NO U" responses for my posts, thank you. :laugh:

[quote name='ThatFALGuy' timestamp='1296826965' post='2619205']
WTF you talking about. Insist on.... what? ML insisted on NO right to anything
[/quote]

In the Umb-ML talks, yeah you did. AggieRebel's whole argument the entire conversation was "Well because Umb didn't formally declare, the members who attacked TPF are rogues, and therefore we have every right to attack them and you have no right to attack us back for doing so." Which is a load of passive aggressive crap.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1296835941' post='2619311']
the hypocrisy never ends does it :ehm:
[/quote]

Whatever point you were trying to make just flew over my head.

Let's recap: D43th (or however you spell it) was trying to have an intelligent discussion. You respond with a meme about tears. I'm just calling your friend out for your lack of being able to respond with something other than an age-old stupid meme.

[quote name='Roosterton' timestamp='1296836019' post='2619312']
Let's recap: D43th (or however you spell it) was trying to have an intelligent discussion.
[/quote]

Hah, stop making things up as you go.

[/quote]
A casus belli is someones justification for war. DoomHouse/FAN gave their justification in their DoW. Whither [i]you[/i] agree with their justification is up to you but it doesn't take away from the fact that they actually had one.

[quote name='Roosterton' timestamp='1296836019' post='2619312']
Whatever point you were trying to make just flew over my head.

Let's recap: D43th (or however you spell it) was trying to have an intelligent discussion. You respond with a meme about tears. I'm just calling your friend out for your lack of being able to respond with something other than an age-old stupid meme.
[/quote]
I'm glad that I won another fan who is following all my posts. Thank you, I hope you enjoy. ;)

[/quote]
Polar's CB in the Bipolar War was, among other things, "you said mean things to us and we don't like your attitude".
TOP's CB in the TOP-C&G conflict was, among other things, "you said mean things to us and we don't like your attitude".

The idea of your opinion being more valid is laughable.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1296837181' post='2619327']
A casus belli is someones justification for war. DoomHouse/FAN gave their justification in their DoW. Whither [i]you[/i] agree with their justification is up to you but it doesn't take away from the fact that they actually had one.
[/quote]
[i]"We're absolutely terrified that these Pacifican folks are gonna rise up and destroy us in the near future so we're going to batter them down now while we have a chance."

[/i]That is pretty much the only justification they gave in the DoW. Look at it man, it's worse than the one your own alliance gave just under a year ago.

As for this acknowledgement of Molon Labe's attacks..bleh, give 'em Hell Molon Labe. Give them all of Hell.

Edited by Hadrian

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1296823008' post='2619179']
ML played with hardballs, so Umb and MK responded with full force. ML has bigger balls then then other members of the so called NPO coalition, they attacked who attacked their ally, they don't whine on the forums, they fight instead, so hail ML. Some alliances could take lesson from them. And i think they expected that MK+Umb will counter them (as normally alliances attack back if someone commit an act of agression against them) so i see no problem here, just 3 good alliances fighting.
[/quote]

i dont think whinning has anything to do with balls, but i agree with you almost the whole part, it is just 3 Alliances fighting the good fight, but the sad part is i think Molon Labe will be on their own on this one, heh hope i am wrong :(

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1296838114' post='2619340']
[i]"We're absolutely terrified that these Pacifican folks are gonna rise up and destroy us in the near future so we're going to batter them down now while we have a chance."

[/i]That is pretty much the only justification they gave in the DoW. Look at it man, it's worse than the one your own alliance gave just under a year ago.
[/quote]
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not a CB.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1296838739' post='2619352']
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not a CB.
[/quote]
I haven't said it's not a CB?

I'm commenting on how bloody awful it is and trying to defend it is pointless.

Seems to me that if MK and Umbrella were attacking TPF nations without a formal declaration on those nations, then ML had every right to come to their defense with an equally non-existant DoW. Why all the surprise? I fail to see where it's only ok when one side does it.

[quote name='Moe Szyslak' timestamp='1296839490' post='2619358']
Seems to me that if MK and Umbrella were attacking TPF nations without a formal declaration on those nations, then ML had every right to come to their defense with an equally non-existant DoW. Why all the surprise? I fail to see where it's only ok when one side does it.
[/quote]

I think - if Umbrella's and MK's actual comments here are any indication - they're irked by ML dictating to them that their members are rogues and not by the wars themselves.

[quote name='Moe Szyslak' timestamp='1296839490' post='2619358']
[/quote]

Okay, how has this gone on for 19 pages with people still not getting this?

Nobody has said that ML is bad for not posting a DoW when defending allies. We have never said it was necessary, and have never said that them not doing so is cowardice.

Had anyone bothered to ask MK, we would have acknowledged that we were at war with TPF, and whoever else we have a war or two declared on. There simply was no need to clutter the OWF with announcements for each one, particularly when we're only dedicating one or two nations to that front. I mean, could you hear the trolling? "LOL MK declared war on TPF but only declared 2 wars, they're goin downhill man". We are capable of assisting allies without any formal declaration.

What they did do, to cause us to accuse them of cowardice, is when confronted about it, they said they were not at war with us, but were merely attacking rogues. They defined our own members as rogues, because our members were defending allies without an official DoW. When they were informed, no, this was sanctioned by Government, they grew stubborn and continued to insist that no matter what MK government said, the nations they were attacking were merely rogues. THIS was the act of cowardice, a classification of terminology designed specifically to let them attack our nations without becoming embroiled in the larger war.

Well, we certainly were not about to let the good name of nations doing as they were told be besmirched by an act like this, so the only solution available was to recognize hostilities between us and ML officially, so none could deny that this was in fact a war, just like every other conflict MK has been engaged in since initiating hostilities with the NPO has been.