GOONS Recognition of War with NPO meatshields/vassal states

Sardonic

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296166208' post='2606165']
It's to early into the war for any side to feel overly confident about the result. I am sure some on both sides are doing very well. It's going to be a long war and these first few days have not decided the out come. Just fight and we'll see what things are like after a 2-3 weeks of war.
[/quote]
We already have everything we want in this world, and NS is not one of those things. The only way for our enemies to hurt us now is for them to surrender.

Edited by ktarthan

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1296165412' post='2606153']
I have a couple things to point out.

1) Sard likes to make announcements. Especially when he thinks of something clever. Get over it. (Not you Sard, I think this thread is lovely. Never change.)

2) During the war last year GOONS was cut down to under 1M NS and something like 5.5K ANS. Then we won. And look at us now. If this Meat Wave thinks they can even bow us, let alone break us, then I wonder who else they've got lined up to hit us. Because this is nowhere near adequate.
[/quote]

If your warchests are as piss poor as being reported, I give you two weeks before you're nearing bill locks and ZIs without others dumping a bunch of aid on you. Perhaps that has been thought of and if so, indeed you'll last longer than your enemies would like.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296166208' post='2606165']
It's to early into the war for any side to feel overly confident about the result. I am sure some on both sides are doing very well. It's going to be a long war and these first few days have not decided the out come. Just fight and we'll see what things are like after a 2-3 weeks of war.
[/quote]

We're mopping the floor with your mid and upper tiers. Just a fyi.

[quote name='crazy canuck' timestamp='1296166304' post='2606169']
Thanks, you put my point better. Which is why I was wondering why Meth thinks Goons are definitely on the losing side here.
[/quote]
In Methworld GOONS are always on the losing side.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1296166752' post='2606179']
if NPO knows GOONS is getting hit just as hard it does make them feel better as they take in the blows and make MK+allies consider whether its more important for GOONS to be left partly in tact at the end or to completely destroy NPO.
[/quote]

Given what GOONS are saying about that, it would appear the answer is obvious. Am I missing something?

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1296167476' post='2606192']
We're mopping the floor with your mid and upper tiers. Just a fyi.
[/quote]
You declared pre-emptively. No surprise you have the advantage this first week. Like I said, let's see what things are like in 2-3 weeks.

I asked this earlier and didn't get an answer. You will not destroy us. NPO is a very organized alliance and will recover its strength and probably have more allies next time around. What are you going to do? Attack us again? Bad mouth us and threaten other alliances into not becoming our allies? You will never really beat us. You may destroy some infrastructure and tech, but you will never beat us.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1296165156' post='2606148']
Methrage. People were begging for the chance to fight you. You were the flavour of the month and everyone wanted a piece.

Buddy, you have the lamest debate tactics I have ever seen. I'm glad you're not on my side.
The fact that you continue to defend your position of "You're the only one who has to prove anything because I'm right by default" I think should be a sign for anyone allied to you to distance themselves from you as much as possible.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1296167270' post='2606190']
If your warchests are as piss poor as being reported, I give you two weeks before you're nearing bill locks and ZIs without others dumping a bunch of aid on you. Perhaps that has been thought of and if so, indeed you'll last longer than your enemies would like.
[/quote]
Bill lock for some, tiny GOONS flags for everyone!

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296167948' post='2606199']
You declared pre-emptively. No surprise you have the advantage this first week. Like I said, let's see what things are like in 2-3 weeks.

I asked this earlier and didn't get an answer. You will not destroy us. NPO is a very organized alliance and will recover its strength and probably have more allies next time around. What are you going to do? Attack us again? Bad mouth us and threaten other alliances into not becoming our allies? You will never really beat us. You may destroy some infrastructure and tech, but you will never beat us.
[/quote]

In two to three weeks most of your pathetic nations won't have any money left, nor will your allies.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1296167523' post='2606193']
In Methworld GOONS are always on the losing side.
[/quote]
Not really, if I did think that they never would of been worth my time when fighting them previously. If you guys think they are always winning and one of the best fighting forces in CN, then you overestimating them will eventually be what leads to a situation where any money sent just get looted by their opponents as more of them approach ZI realizing they can't fight anymore.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296167948' post='2606199']
What are you going to do? Attack us again? Bad mouth us and threaten other alliances into not becoming our allies?
[/quote]
Come on, give us some credit. We're not going to recycle your tactics.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1296167270' post='2606190']
[/quote]We don't WANT to accept aid, but for goodness sake man, we've got to give our upper tiers SOMETHING to do! I mean, it's not like you guys are providing a challenge.

Edited by JT Jag

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1296166752' post='2606179']
I think GOONS is the sacrificial pawn that gets killed regardless of whether their side wins, some alliances need to be sacrificed for the greater strategic good and if GOONS don't mind it, then it will still be somewhat of a victory for them overall knowing their allies did well. I was referring to in regards to how GOONS was doing against the ones they are fighting. Even if GOONS side wins this I doubt their side will be looked on favorably and their efforts remembered as honorable, as I have a hard time believing this war isn't very personal for MK who want to hurt NPO worse than the alliances of Karma did. FAN still seems to hold a grudge for this long of a time they were willing to declare as well, but if NPO knows GOONS is getting hit just as hard it does make them feel better as they take in the blows and make MK+allies consider whether its more important for GOONS to be left partly in tact at the end or to completely destroy NPO.
[/quote]

Sorry it took so long for my response but needed to wait for the world to stop spinning.

Legion, Invicta, TPF, and 64digits? With such incompetent enemies there is good reason for GOONS to be upbeat about the outcome of this conflict. As for cash, GOONS won't have to worry.

NPO is going to die. people attacking GOONS will also die. Everything will die.

Edited by tamerlane

Here's the trouble with attacking GOONS. Lots of them are so small that you really can't do any permanent damage – out of nuke range, so tech and land are just passed around, and the infra damage is cheap to fix. It doesn't matter if someone of them are warchest-light, because if some of their opponents are not, they'll get the same experience as Hizzy and the occasional $1m drop will keep them afloat. And GOONS are an aggressive alliance with a community that thrives on the activity that comes from war, so they will love being in a real war, particularly one in which they will definitely eventually win.

Throwing all your alliances at GOONS was not a good strategic move, because they will enjoy it, you can't seriously damage them and you won't find many infra huggers to stand a chance of knocking them out of the war.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1296168638' post='2606219']
We don't WANT to accept aid, but for goodness sake man, we've got to give our upper tiers SOMETHING to do! I mean, it's not like you guys are providing a challenge.
[/quote]
To be fair, we aren't fighting Valhalla. :P

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1296168412' post='2606217']
Come on, give us some credit. We're not going to recycle your tactics.
[/quote]
What tactics? The alliance was at peace for over 1.5 years. You attacked us for no reason. What your leader said was all false justifications. You need a new leader that isn't so fearful and paranoid about what 1.5 years of peace means. So much peace that we had to be up to something? We were growing too strong? We were becoming politically relevant?

See there. That argument has been tossed around in other topics about the NPO not doing anything to gain allies. So if we weren't gaining allies then we weren't going to be a threat to anyone and could not have been a political power. Yet, you guys say we were heading towards becoming to strong both politically and militarily. You guys really need to narrow down your cause for this war.

The credit you ask for will have to be earned. You have done a good job of losing it with many here. Your attack on us is actually going to make things easier for us after this war. Political doors will be even more wide open than before and our nations will be rebuilt. Take your best shot now, because this will not happen again.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1296168795' post='2606221']
Here's the trouble with attacking GOONS. Lots of them are so small that you really can't do any permanent damage – out of nuke range, so tech and land are just passed around, and the infra damage is cheap to fix. It doesn't matter if someone of them are warchest-light, because if some of their opponents are not, they'll get the same experience as Hizzy and the occasional $1m drop will keep them afloat. And GOONS are an aggressive alliance with a community that thrives on the activity that comes from war, so they will love being in a real war, particularly one in which they will definitely eventually win.

Throwing all your alliances at GOONS was not a good strategic move, because they will enjoy it, you can't seriously damage them and you won't find many infra huggers to stand a chance of knocking them out of the war.
[/quote]

This is something that, while I haven't been involved in planning, I presume everyone was well aware of. I am presuming the target - at least for TPF (the only one of the alliances I have knowledge of) was chosen for the counter. Not so much the initial target.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1296150468' post='2605802']
Yeah. Everyone uses allies to war. So where is this "you cowards should use your own power" speech coming from exactly?
[/quote]

The difference is most alliances don't trumpet that their allies will save them in their DoW or "Recognition of War" announcements. I think everyone knows that alliances will call in allies to assist them if needed but most would not be so defeatist as to base their entire announcement around how their allies will save them and they won't disband.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1296170442' post='2606259']I think everyone knows that alliances will call in allies to assist them if needed but most would not be so defeatist as to base their entire announcement around how their allies will save them and they won't disband.[/quote]
I believe, even GGA never did that, apart from some,....individual members posts.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296169722' post='2606243']
What tactics? The alliance was at peace for over 1.5 years. You attacked us for no reason. What your leader said was all false justifications. You need a new leader that isn't so fearful and paranoid about what 1.5 years of peace means. So much peace that we had to be up to something? We were growing too strong? We were becoming politically relevant?

See there. That argument has been tossed around in other topics about the NPO not doing anything to gain allies. So if we weren't gaining allies then we weren't going to be a threat to anyone and could not have been a political power. Yet, you guys say we were heading towards becoming to strong both politically and militarily. You guys really need to narrow down your cause for this war.

The credit you ask for will have to be earned. You have done a good job of losing it with many here. Your attack on us is actually going to make things easier for us after this war. Political doors will be even more wide open than before and our nations will be rebuilt. Take your best shot now, because this will not happen again.
[/quote]
I was referring specifically to your leadership doing its best at keeping people from being our friends way back when, but let's discuss your post a moment.

We didn't say you were becoming a threat. What was said was "I'll be damned if you have the chance to." So, yes, it was as pre-emptive as pre-emptive is. And, yes, it was a dick move. But take a look around you. For a long time now, people wanted action. People wanted drama. Well, guess what, $%&@ers? You've got it. I'm honestly shocked and appalled at how shocked and appalled the world that has called us evil since Karma is at us for being evil. It's a !@#$@#$ mind-trip, man.

As for the political doors opening for you? Sure. Doors opened for us when we were jumped one too many times. It's not a unique thing. This is a cyclical world. Eventually, you may roll us two or three times and political doors will open for us afterward. Such is the way things have always worked.

Edited by Stormsend

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1296170442' post='2606259']
The difference is most alliances don't trumpet that their allies will save them in their DoW or "Recognition of War" announcements. I think everyone knows that alliances will call in allies to assist them if needed but most would not be so defeatist as to base their entire announcement around how their allies will save them and they won't disband.
[/quote]
You're purposefully missing the point, we are obviously going to win a coalition victory, and we're going to have a blast doing it. That's what the point was.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1296170867' post='2606270']But take a look around you. For a long time now, people wanted action. People wanted drama. Well, guess what, $%&@ers? You've got it. I'm honestly shocked and appalled at how shocked and appalled the world that has called us evil since Karma is at us for being evil. It's a !@#$@#$ mind-trip, man.[/quote]
Except, you couldn't provide the fun back during NEW thing right? That could actually be dangerous.

While this will not be a walk through the park for you, as I can promise you, stop acting like you did some radical action reckless maneuver here.
You picked on a weaker side for no reason in an opportune moment when the entire world was busy with another global war.

Far out, man.