GOONS Recognition of War with NPO meatshields/vassal states

Sardonic

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1296176234' post='2606379']
I can believe that's true, that assuming you win you can easily rebuild Goons. What I don't understand is why you would want to. Goons are an embarrassment. They're truly a waste of space on this fair planet. I'm fighting one with a $23mill WC, less than 2.5k infra and a Social Security System and Stock Market. This is his first war, no casualties until I knocked his door earlier. He has spent 212 of his 213 days in Goons. This is the product of this pestilent filthy alliance.

Why in the name of admin and all that is holy would you possibly want to rebuild them?
[/quote]

What are your feelings on your alliance mate Lord Zacairen?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lucius Aerilius' timestamp='1296177209' post='2606408']
But... but... but... OPTIONAL!

And I don't know. I'm trying to be fair in my assessment, but it looks from an outside perspective like Pacifica is getting pounded. I'm not saying it was unexpected, but without a few more of your slave alliances jumping in to spare you more attacks from MK/Umb, I highly doubt they'll ask for allied aid from our end. Not that we aren't on deck :D
[/quote]

The irony of an ODN member calling others alliances "slaves" are beyond measure. :v:

[quote name='Roy the Mighty' timestamp='1296180737' post='2606495']
I never asked why you were fighting the war, nor do I really care. It just shows that you guys, on a whim it seems, decided to attack an alliance that you claim is "growing in power". Your posts about how weak they are, how easy they are to get into anarchy, etc, only shows the hypocrisy/irony in it all.

But whens the last time that kind of thing has mattered in CN....
[/quote]
I told you I don't give a $%&@ about the CB, and you clearly do care since you keep responding to me.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1296168795' post='2606221']
Here's the trouble with attacking GOONS. Lots of them are so small that you really can't do any permanent damage – out of nuke range, so tech and land are just passed around, and the infra damage is cheap to fix. It doesn't matter if someone of them are warchest-light, because if some of their opponents are not, they'll get the same experience as Hizzy and the occasional $1m drop will keep them afloat. And GOONS are an aggressive alliance with a community that thrives on the activity that comes from war, so they will love being in a real war, particularly one in which they will definitely eventually win.

Throwing all your alliances at GOONS was not a good strategic move, because they will enjoy it, you can't seriously damage them and you won't find many infra huggers to stand a chance of knocking them out of the war.
[/quote]

Sound summary.

I'd probably counter GOONS too, when faced with Umbrella, MK, or FAN. If I wanted the most fearsome of my opponents to be able to pick their targets while I hammered on 200 non-nuclear nations.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1296183404' post='2606561']
I told you I don't give a $%&@ about the CB, and you clearly do care since you keep responding to me.
[/quote]

He doesn't care about your diversion. He does care about what he was actually talking about. Silly Chickenzilla.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1296176234' post='2606379']
I can believe that's true, that assuming you win you can easily rebuild Goons. What I don't understand is why you would want to. Goons are an embarrassment. They're truly a waste of space on this fair planet. I'm fighting one with a $23mill WC, less than 2.5k infra and a Social Security System and Stock Market. This is his first war, no casualties until I knocked his door earlier. He has spent 212 of his 213 days in Goons. This is the product of this pestilent filthy alliance.

Why in the name of admin and all that is holy would you possibly want to rebuild them?
[/quote]
*checks*

That guy mostly just sells tech. So there's your answer.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296104701' post='2604556']
What you fail to understand, (aside from the fact that attacking us in this way will not prevent TOP from slaughtering you, if they elect to do so, whichever of you they pick), is that you cannot defeat us like this.
[/quote]

You are already defeated, your whole war is based on TOP protecting MK, GOONs, and Umbrella ?............. Well I guess GOONs still need their hand held, first NPO now TOP, anyone else you plan to suck on for power ?

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1296188477' post='2606719']
You are already defeated, your whole war is based on TOP protecting MK, GOONs, and Umbrella ?............. Well I guess GOONs still need their hand held, first NPO now TOP, anyone else you plan to suck on for power ?
[/quote]
Shameful is the alliance who has friends and allies.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1296188477' post='2606719']
[/quote]
Defeated? Yeah ok. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1296188878' post='2606729']
Shameful is the alliance who has friends and allies.
[/quote]

No, shameful is GOONS call the friends and allies of NPO meatshields/vassal states while asking/begging/claiming TOP(Who isn't even your ally) to help you. :smug:

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1296110226' post='2604966']
GOONS actually has the simplest basis of any alliance around. It's an alliance for people from Something Awful.

Now what's [i]your[/i] alliance all about?
[/quote]

Oh! that's right. You mean the alliance of immaturity. Got it.

Edited by Maleatu

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296181510' post='2606512']
The irony of an ODN member calling others alliances "slaves" are beyond measure. :v:
[/quote]

D34th, you're objectively one of the worst posters on these forums, and everyone in ODN stopped giving a damn about your opinions a long time ago. Take my word for it, I was there for over a year.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296104701' post='2604556']
[center][IMG]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100605090103/cybernations/images/d/d0/Cngoonsflag.png[/IMG][/center]

Greetings my new friends in the Ex-Heg! I want to take the time to thank you. I'm not mad, not in the least in fact, I am overjoyed. You see, Ex-Heg, you have just given us the greatest gift possible. A challenge.

What you fail to understand, (aside from the fact that attacking us in this way will not prevent TOP from slaughtering you, if they elect to do so, whichever of you they pick), is that you cannot defeat us like this. We will not break, we will not bend, we will not surrender. The old GOONS crumbled because of a systematic failure of leadership, one which my administration and I have no intention of repeating. We have the experience to know that even if you pound our nations, our side as a whole will emerge victorious. You have chosen a course of action that will enrich our experience here on bob, and bring us glory. I don't know what logic you used to target us, did you think you could escape the mighty middle tier of MK, or the beyond dangerous elites of umbrella? Whatever the case, you have made a rather large error. We will emerge from this a stronger, more organized, and more unified community, and that is not something we would have gotten without this challenge. You are building us, one war at a time.

Once again, thank you.

Sardonic
-GOONS Pilot
[/quote]

My turn.

First of all, an "announcement" like this is the kind of fail one would expect to see from GOONS. In that respect, it seems like you guys are right on par. An entire speech saying, "we cannot be defeated" during a wartime posture. Flooring, to say the least; GOONS are not FAN - GOONS are GOONS. What your enemies are hearing from this is, "after you ruthlessly plow us down and we surrender, we're going to need to be kept on a very short leash". In other words, if your opponents wanted to pursue a "Viet-GOONS" war, where nobody will be allowed to grow outside of peace for over a year, then you have just provided them with all of the justification that they need to do so. You've effectively made that case for them. I think that deserves a standing ovation.

Indeed the "old" GOONS "crumbled under a systematic failure of leadership". My guess is, that probably wasn't their intention. Nobody intends to have a "systematic failure of leadership". In fact, such things happen because of a gross lack of any [b]foresight[/b], which GOONS has successfully demonstrated to all of us with flying colors. If the GOONS idea of "building" involves nations getting destroyed due to poor judgment on behalf of its leadership, then by all means, I'm sure that your opponents will have no problem with "building" you. I know I sure wouldn't.

Lastly, I can't help but to wonder what motivated this announcement to begin with. Generally, such war time announcements are made out of a response to poor morale, a concession of imminent defeat, or an effort to direct some type of demoralizing or discouraging propaganda to one's opponents. On a scale of 1-10, how necessary was this? On the outside looking in, we don't see the things that you see - we rely on you to show us or tell us in some way. Announcements such as these are quite rare - normally there's some kind of [i]important[/i] information attached to the type of message that you've given us. Clearly, this isn't the case - which only leads one to wonder how your week has been thus far...

Welcome to the war. Put down your bullhorn and pick up a rifle. You might gain a bit more ground that way.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296189818' post='2606752']
Oh! that's right. You mean the alliance of immaturity. Got it.
[/quote]

OOC: Beacause a forum that has a track record of members helping members out up to and including a member donating a kidney to someone they don't know in real life is immature.

[quote name='Feldheim C' timestamp='1296190589' post='2606770']
OOC: Beacause a forum that has a track record of members helping members out up to and including a member donating a kidney to someone they don't know in real life is immature.
[/quote]

I had thought OOC: Tags were forbidden in this forum? At any rate, an ounce or pound of good does not remove a ton of bad. I'm not claiming that SA.com has always been bad or that all of their members contribute to a general degeneration of communities. However, most of my interaction with GOONS both in this conflict and before, have always generally left a bad taste in my mouth. I find them to be arrogant, disrespectful and generally dismissive fo people not inside their own "social club" as it were.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1296190383' post='2606764']
D34th, you're objectively one of the worst posters on these forums, and everyone in ODN stopped giving a damn about your opinions a long time ago. Take my word for it, I was there for over a year.
[/quote]

Your opinion about my posts is really important to me, I don't know how I'll live from now on. [img]http://polarorder.net/forum/Smileys/default/cry.gif[/img]

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1296191177' post='2606798']
PotFace, do you expect people to take you seriously as long as you consider a scenario where GOONS would exit this war as the defeated party? :psyduck:

(If you're concerned at all yourself about gaining ground I'd abandon that line of thought posthaste.)
[/quote]

Maybe one of these days when you guys can get your act together, someone will send some diplos to come over and give you guys a block of instruction on "foresight", and how bad it is to "count your chickens before they've hatched". This is going to be a long war. It's not over with yet - this thing will probably escalate a few more times before it is. Then again, it may not. But, at least I know better than to make assumptions.... and I sure as hell wouldn't look favorably upon any leader who does when it involves jeopardizing supporters' nations.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296190855' post='2606780']
I had thought OOC: Tags were forbidden in this forum? At any rate, an ounce or pound of good does not remove a ton of bad. I'm not claiming that SA.com has always been bad or that all of their members contribute to a general degeneration of communities. However, most of my interaction with GOONS both in this conflict and before, have always generally left a bad taste in my mouth. I find them to be arrogant, disrespectful and generally dismissive fo people not inside their own "social club" as it were.
[/quote]

We [i]are[/i] arrogant, disrespectful, and dismissive of people who has consistently displayed the same in return. Are you attempting to say that NPO is guilt free when it comes to slander in regards to our alliance? It's a two way street, and we're not going to sit idly by while your alliance mates talk !@#$ about us. We're not members of your community, and we don't bow to your government officials. It's a different level of maturity over here. We prefer personality from our members, rather than strict obedience. We prefer a sense of humor over competence. To pound ideology into one's head over this stupid planet is a ridiculous notion, and I pity those that fall prey to the power mongers in your leadership.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1296190527' post='2606767']
Welcome to the war. Put down your bullhorn and pick up a rifle. You might gain a bit more ground that way.
[/quote]
Well I'm sorry you didn't appreciate my rhetorical flourishes. As to the other crap you spewed the very idea of us being on a leash, short or otherwise, is laughable. We have exactly enough self-control. The idea that anybody could hope in today's world to enforce a viet-FAN situation on us is even more laughable. I fail to see how any of what I said justifies doing what was done to FAN in that conflict to us. You should be ashamed of yourself for even mentioning it. A pity, I had thought of you as somewhat intelligent before your "detailed" "analysis" of our RoW. You're pretty much just clumsily regurgitating the same tired rhetoric of all our detractors.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1296191594' post='2606826']
Maybe one of these days when you guys can get your act together, someone will send some diplos to come over and give you guys a block of instruction on "foresight", and how bad it is to "count your chickens before they've hatched". This is going to be a long war. It's not over with yet - this thing will probably escalate a few more times before it is. Then again, it may not. But, at least I know better than to make assumptions.... and I sure as hell wouldn't look favorably upon any leader who does when it involves jeopardizing supporters' nations.
[/quote]
PS: This war, like most if not all wars before it, was over before it began. We will win, there's no dancing around it, perhaps if you could combine your so called "foresight" with what I have, "Information", you would see why I believe as such. But whatever, enjoy your defeat, I know I will.

Edited by Sardonic