GOONS Recognition of War with NPO meatshields/vassal states

Sardonic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1296188878' post='2606729']
Shameful is the alliance who has friends and allies.
[/quote]

What's shameful is the fact with out having skill full alliances such as Umbrella, Meow Kittens (I might dislike them but they are skilled fighters)and TOP to protect you, then you would be so far up NPO back side as before, we wouldn't know where NPO stop and your began, GOONs have and never will be a power alliance, simple fact you have to borrow power from others.

[quote name='Raider' timestamp='1296189232' post='2606737']
Defeated? Yeah ok. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

your alliance admitted they need TOP to end NPO, call it what you want but to me it sounds like a cry for help

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1296198039' post='2607083']
I just want to say thank you to the anonymous goon who used one of my spy slots attempting to destroy cruise missiles. Thank you for the laugh.
[/quote]

Cruise missiles are very precise and strategic weapons, HeroofTime.

(no really, facepalm....that kind of crap is as laughable as my warchest) :v:

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1296192600' post='2606856']
We [i]are[/i] arrogant, disrespectful, and dismissive of people who has consistently displayed the same in return. Are you attempting to say that NPO is guilt free when it comes to slander in regards to our alliance? It's a two way street, and we're not going to sit idly by while your alliance mates talk !@#$ about us. We're not members of your community, and we don't bow to your government officials. It's a different level of maturity over here. We prefer personality from our members, rather than strict obedience. We prefer a sense of humor over competence. To pound ideology into one's head over this stupid planet is a ridiculous notion, and I pity those that fall prey to the power mongers in your leadership.
[/quote]

The New Pacific Order will always be the single most influential alliance in this game. One may measure this in terms of nuclear weapons, nation strength or the number of our members. But most generally recognize that Pacifica is influential because of the [i]quality[/i] of it's members. Innovating, outspoken and consistent in their unswerving loyalty and dedication to Franco's shining star. Pacifica stands for a dream; one that is the envy of the world. It's not surprising that she is reviled so. Decrying the NPO's power mongering, lack of tact or diplomacy, especially when her enemies exhibit the same is not surprising.

Edited by Maleatu

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296199886' post='2607132']
The New Pacific Order will always be the single most influential alliance in this game. One may measure this in terms of nuclear weapons, nation strength or the number of our members. But most generally recognize that Pacifica is influential because of the [i]quality[/i] of it's members. Innovating, outspoken and consistent in their unswerving loyalty and dedication to Franco's shining star. Pacifica stands for a dream; one that is the envy of the world. It's not surprising that she is reviled so. Decrying the NPO's power mongering, lack of tact or diplomacy, especially when her enemies exhibit the same is not surprising.
[/quote]
I'm not too sure about that one...

[/quote]

Hahaha....wow. We've been accused of arrogance and disrespect, and you post this nonsense. Pacifica's age of influence is over. Keep grasping for that stranglehold on Bob, though...

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1296200092' post='2607135']
[/quote]

And why is that?

[quote]

Hahaha....wow. We've been accused of arrogance and disrespect, and you post this nonsense. Pacifica's age of influence is over. Keep grasping for that stranglehold on Bob, though... [/quote]

Well, considering that most of the game's large players have unilaterally declared war on Pacifica based purely on that "age of influence" that is "over", I beg to differ. Clearly, Franco's grasp on this game extends beyond your perception of things.

Edited by Maleatu

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296200343' post='2607143']
And why is that?

Well, considering that most of the game's large players have unilaterally declared war on Pacifica based purely on that "age of influence" that is "over", I beg to differ. Clearly, Franco's grasp on this game extends beyond your perception of things.
[/quote]

You influence has shrunk from huge to minor. I'm guessing these peeps declared war on you to [i]prevent[/i] your influence from growing again. So technically, it's over.

Edited by erikz

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1296200803' post='2607151']
You influence has shrunk from huge to minor. I'm guessing these peeps declared war on you to [i]prevent[/i] your influence from growing again. So technically, it's over.
[/quote]

Pacifica doesn't need pixels to remain influential. Haven't you learned that by now?

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1296200092' post='2607135']
[/quote]

If you hadn't noticed, a group of alliances declared an all but unheard of unprovoked preemptive war against the NPO for what they might do and how how powerful they might become again in the future.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296200918' post='2607153']
Pacifica doesn't need pixels to remain influential. Haven't you learned that by now?
[/quote]

Still alot of your previous might was influenced on pixels. Your core group of friend have and (I'm sure) will always stay at your side! However, the days you had lapdogs are long over.

[/quote]

My favorite flavor is grape! What's yours?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296189461' post='2606743']
No, shameful is GOONS call the friends and allies of NPO meatshields/vassal states while asking/begging/claiming TOP(Who isn't even your ally) to help you. :smug:
[/quote]
I'm surprised you can say this with a straight face given how hard your side has been trying to convince Duckroll and MHA to support you.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296201275' post='2607160']
I love DH's drones logic, NPO has no influence/relevance but nevertheless was attacked by a entire block plus FAN because they were afraid of NPO.
[/quote]

And what's bad about [i]attacking and defeating[/i] your fears head-on? :P

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1296201692' post='2607167']
My favorite flavor is grape! What's yours?
[/quote]

I heard they made a new drink you might like. It's called Diet Barbarism; now with half the vitriol. You should try it sometime.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296203131' post='2607199']
I heard they made a new drink you might like. It's called Diet Barbarism; now with half the vitriol. You should try it sometime.
[/quote]
Actually I tried that one. It was okay but not enough to win me over from Barbarism Classic.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1296190527' post='2606767']
My turn.

[b]First of all, an "announcement" like this is the kind of fail one would expect to see from GOONS.[/b] In that respect, it seems like you guys are right on par. An entire speech saying, "we cannot be defeated" during a wartime posture. Flooring, to say the least; GOONS are not FAN - GOONS are GOONS. What your enemies are hearing from this is, "after you ruthlessly plow us down and we surrender, we're going to need to be kept on a very short leash". In other words, if your opponents wanted to pursue a "Viet-GOONS" war, where nobody will be allowed to grow outside of peace for over a year, then you have just provided them with all of the justification that they need to do so. You've effectively made that case for them. I think that deserves a standing ovation.

Indeed the "old" GOONS "crumbled under a systematic failure of leadership". My guess is, that probably wasn't their intention. Nobody intends to have a "systematic failure of leadership". In fact, such things happen because of a gross lack of any [b]foresight[/b], which GOONS has successfully demonstrated to all of us with flying colors. If the GOONS idea of "building" involves nations getting destroyed due to poor judgment on behalf of its leadership, then by all means, I'm sure that your opponents will have no problem with "building" you. I know I sure wouldn't.

[b]Lastly, I can't help but to wonder what motivated this announcement to begin with.[/b] Generally, such war time announcements are made out of a response to poor morale, a concession of imminent defeat, or an effort to direct some type of demoralizing or discouraging propaganda to one's opponents. On a scale of 1-10, how necessary was this? On the outside looking in, we don't see the things that you see - we rely on you to show us or tell us in some way. Announcements such as these are quite rare - normally there's some kind of [i]important[/i] information attached to the type of message that you've given us. Clearly, this isn't the case - which only leads one to wonder how your week has been thus far...

Welcome to the war. Put down your bullhorn and pick up a rifle. You might gain a bit more ground that way.
[/quote]

Must have missed this huh- http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97705

Announcements like this are made to show we're not going anywhere, despite a massive, overwhelming attack focused directly on our alliance. They're about as common as this type of attack (not very). And also so imbeciles can misinterpret it and broadcast their misguided notions across the world for everyone to see.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296201275' post='2607160']
I love DH's drones logic, NPO has no influence/relevance but nevertheless was attacked by a entire block plus FAN because they were afraid of NPO.
[/quote]

Only a select group think Doomhouse and FAN were afraid of NPO. NPO poked the bear a little while ago, FAN clearly did not forgive NPO (rightfully so), the NPO-MK rivalry was already one of the longest in the game, and one of NpO's allies was mysteriously staying out of a war they were obligated to join, coincidentally, allied to NPO as well. To say they were attacked because of [i]fear[/i]...well it is transparent enough that everyone can see you're just railing against us so your voice can be heard.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1296250914' post='2607946']
Only a select group think Doomhouse and FAN were afraid of NPO. NPO poked the bear a little while ago, FAN clearly did not forgive NPO (rightfully so), the NPO-MK rivalry was already one of the longest in the game, and one of NpO's allies was mysteriously staying out of a war they were obligated to join, coincidentally, allied to NPO as well. To say they were attacked because of [i]fear[/i]...well it is transparent enough that everyone can see you're just railing against us so your voice can be heard.
[/quote]
Actually the fact that one of Polar's allies, also allied to Pacifica, didn't join in, all that shows is that they did NOT want to fight right now.

Heck, GPA hasn't fought a war in 2 or so years, and you can hardly say they "fought" that war then. Since they've stayed out for such a long time, when can we expect Doomhouse to hit GPA for staying out of a war?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296258291' post='2608115']

Heck, GPA hasn't fought a war in 2 or so years, and you can hardly say they "fought" that war then. Since they've stayed out for such a long time, when can we expect Doomhouse to hit GPA for staying out of a war?
[/quote]

MK hasn't told Umbrella to tell us to draw up target lists yet, so not this week.

Maybe tuesday?