GOONS Recognition of War with NPO meatshields/vassal states

Sardonic

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1296258973' post='2608143']
MK hasn't told Umbrella to tell us to draw up target lists yet, so not this week.

Maybe tuesday?
[/quote]

Silly disinformation. Everyone knows TOP draws up those lists. If not, someone is making a mistake.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296258291' post='2608115']
Actually the fact that one of Polar's allies, also allied to Pacifica, didn't join in, all that shows is that they did NOT want to fight right now.

Heck, GPA hasn't fought a war in 2 or so years, and you can hardly say they "fought" that war then. Since they've stayed out for such a long time, when can we expect Doomhouse to hit GPA for staying out of a war?
[/quote]

Well, GPA isn't allied to NpO. They're...neutral. Staying out of wars is what they do. If you want some history on NPO and GPA though-

[quote]The New Pacific Order and associated allies inside and outside The Continuum declare war on Green Protection Agency after months of perceived insults by GPA, culminating in GPA's brief acceptance of Lord Swampy as a probationary "affiliate" member, who having attempted to coup noWedge, was a noted member of Valhalla's and NPO's ZI lists.

After a month of fighting, the GPA surrendered and the Continuum declared victory. As a result, the GPA have agreed to pay the largest amount of reparations in the history of the Cyberverse (At that time. See Karma–NPO Peace Treaty) by paying 10,000 tech to each of the Continuum alliances.

This war was a war of occupation. However, when the terms of surrender given to the GPA are taken into account, it bordered on a war of conquest
[/quote]

On the other hand, The Legion was [i]bound by treaty[/i] to help Polar, who are on their way to...well ZI by now. They didn't lift a finger until their other ally NPO was attacked. Strategically, why do you think that was?

I don't know you but I assume you're probably capable of understanding all this. If not, you well represent the supporters of NPO.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1296262115' post='2608198']
Well, GPA isn't allied to NpO. They're...neutral. Staying out of wars is what they do. If you want some history on NPO and GPA though-
[/quote]
I full well know the history, I was in NPO when we went on the GPA tech raid.

On the other hand, The Legion was [i]bound by treaty[/i] to help Polar, who are on their way to...well ZI by now. They didn't lift a finger until their other ally NPO was attacked. Strategically, why do you think that was?

I don't know you but I assume you're probably capable of understanding all this. If not, you well represent the supporters of NPO.
[/quote]
Strategically, I think Legion didn't enter because NPO didn't want to enter, they wanted to sit back and mind their own business. I come to this conclusion because that is exactly what they have done since coming out of surrender terms. Now I don't agree with Legion staying out, but I can understand the strategy behind it.

Edit: missed the word "done" on my first time around

Edited by Caliph

[/quote]
You understand the treaty chain between legion/NPO was non chaining right?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296262487' post='2608205']
I full well know the history, I was in NPO when we went on the GPA tech raid.

Strategically, I think Legion didn't enter because NPO didn't want to enter, they wanted to sit back and mind their own business. I come to this conclusion because that is exactly what they have done since coming out of surrender terms. Now I don't agree with Legion staying out, but I can understand the strategy behind it.

Edit: missed the word "done" on my first time around
[/quote]
That and if i were in their shoes and i had a rather large angry mob screaming for my head i'd pick and choose very carefully how and when i entered a war

But hey, logic doesnt get alot of use around these parts

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1296262898' post='2608213']
That and if i were in their shoes and i had a rather large angry mob screaming for my head i'd pick and choose very carefully how and when i entered a war

But hey, logic doesnt get alot of use around these parts
[/quote]
True, logic seems to be only applied when it benefits the current party line your alliance supports.
People should speak on it more, instead of toting the tired ol party line.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296199886' post='2607132']
The New Pacific Order will always be the single most influential alliance in this game, just kidding. One may measure this in terms of nuclear weapons, nation strength or the number of our members. But most generally recognize that Pacifica is influential because of the [i]lack of quality[/i] members. Lacking innovation, outspokenness and consistency in their blind loyalty and [b]dedication to Franco's shining star[/b]. Pacifica stands for a self-induced wet dream; one that is making everyone vomit. It's not surprising that she is reviled so. Noticing the NPO's power mongering or lack of tact or diplomacy is not surprising.
[/quote]
Oh my. [OOC] Sometimes you can take the whole RP think waaaay too far. [/OOC] I made some playful edits to bring you back down to reality too. I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

[/quote]

Oh really members in Doom House was [i]bound by treaty[/i] to help their allies, but they stayed out instead of jumping right in either because they was waiting or because their allies chose others to help them instead or was told to do so. So if PB and DH can chose which allies enter, then so can Polar :wacko:

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1296264884' post='2608262']
Oh really members in Doom House was [i]bound by treaty[/i] to help their allies, but they stayed out instead of jumping right in either because they was waiting or because their allies chose others to help them instead or was told to do so. So if PB and DH can chose which allies enter, then so can Polar :wacko:
[/quote]
Protip: its ok when they do it, and only not ok when the alliance they were waiting on in reserve to hit when they enterred does it to keep out. Really reminds me of the TOP C&G war in terms of alliances staying out with the express interest of countering one specific alliance or group of allies and refuse other potential entranced to the war they could've made.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296262487' post='2608205']
[/quote]
This is a reasonable supposition to make, however that's not why Legion didn't enter.

I'd also like to point out for a moment that the NPO-Legion treaty was non-chaining, as are all of NPO's treaties except TPF. Assuming that NPO wanted to stay out of the Polar war, then the only alliance that could force them in would be TPF, whose treaty with STA was also non-chaining.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1296263974' post='2608239']
Oh my. [OOC] Sometimes you can take the whole RP think waaaay too far. [/OOC] I made some playful edits to bring you back down to reality too. I'm sure you'll enjoy them.
[/quote]

Yes, because the fact that we have the world against us twice in two years is a testament to the lack of quality in our members. Especially since we're still here, when others have crumbled and disbanded under the weight? I'm not as old a Pacifican as most, but I can read up on my enemies, and if memory serves me I remember reading that a certain offsite themed alliance disbanded after a war. I guess that was because of the [i]exceptional[/i] quality of their members, right?

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1296105162' post='2604624']
So, what I got out of this was....blah, blah, blah....I want attention because there are so many DoW's and even though quite a few are about us, I want more attention...blah, blah, blah....I'm calling you a meatshield while, in reality, we're meatshields for MK.

Yeah, that looks about right. You could have used my Cliff Notes version and you'd have saved me some time reading.

Thanks though, I look forward to playing with some lil GOONies.

o/TPF
[/quote]

NPO posts *two* recognitions of warfare and they're to be commended. GOONS posts *one* and they're just out for the attention.

I see that although you left that terrible alliance VA (You're welcome for making you ragequit that dump, by the way), you're still as completely ridiculous as ever.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1296262637' post='2608209']
You understand the treaty chain between legion/NPO was non chaining right?
[/quote]

Then none of this makes any sense. I'll admit I didn't know it was non-chaining. But that implies Legion was just staying out, when they could have done some serious damage, and maybe turned things around. Since, clearly, NpO isn't backing down.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1296264884' post='2608262']
[/quote]

Our allies did not require our assistance to win their front. If iFOK or anyone other member of Pandora's Box had really needed it, I'm sure we'd have been there for them.

But again, I'm not sure it matters if the answer is simply NpO told Legion to stay out, or if Legion told NpO they were staying out. I'm out.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1296275594' post='2608550']
Our allies did not require our assistance to win their front. If iFOK or anyone other member of Pandora's Box had really needed it, I'm sure we'd have been there for them.

But again, I'm not sure it matters if the answer is simply NpO told Legion to stay out, or if Legion told NpO they were staying out. I'm out.
[/quote]

Then Polar might not of needed Legions assistance because after all they had quite afew allies to choose from, its you lot who are saying they "are treaty bound" so because they didnt dive in head first then there is some big conspiracy going on, when your side was doing the same thing by not sending in the big guns, but instead send in small alliances must who are mainly unheard of to counter.

But you're right it doesnt matter, because your point was void and DH conspiracy was parinoia.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1296276476' post='2608625']
Then Polar might not of needed Legions assistance because after all they had quite afew allies to choose from, its you lot who are saying they "are treaty bound" so because they didnt dive in head first then there is some big conspiracy going on, when your side was doing the same thing by not sending in the big guns, but instead send in small alliances must who are mainly unheard of to counter.

But you're right it doesnt matter, because your point was void and DH conspiracy was parinoia.
[/quote]

NpO is being ZI'd, Pandora's Box is winning. That's the difference here. Legion should enter and turn the tide against Pandora's Box. But they didn't, I'm just saying, I don't why they didn't, so there's no use furthering the argument.

It could well be that NPO didn't want them to. But that is just speculation now, as it is equally likely Polar said, we don't need you, we're doing fine.

:mellow:

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1296277644' post='2608688']
NpO is being ZI'd, Pandora's Box is winning. That's the difference here. Legion should enter and turn the tide against Pandora's Box. But they didn't, I'm just saying, I don't why they didn't, so there's no use furthering the argument.

It could well be that NPO didn't want them to. [b]But that is just speculation now[/b], as it is equally likely Polar said, we don't need you, we're doing fine.

:mellow:
[/quote]

Its that speculation/paranoia/conspiracy was the main focus of Doom House's declaration, no point going around in circles like the rest of the world for weeks on end, fight now talk later :nuke::awesome:

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1296275594' post='2608550']
Then none of this makes any sense. I'll admit I didn't know it was non-chaining. But that implies Legion was just staying out, when they could have done some serious damage, and maybe turned things around. Since, clearly, NpO isn't backing down.

[/quote]

Come on GOONs quit the act and be honest, you didn't help the members of PB because your masters holding the leash MK told you that you were their meat shield and theirs only

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1296279328' post='2608799']
Come on GOONs quit the act and be honest, you didn't help the members of PB because your masters holding the leash MK told you that you were their meat shield and theirs only
[/quote]

i like to think we're our own alliance. we count on our friends, they count on us, it's all very Doomhouse.

Frankly I'm a little upset you're comparing us to Invicta, Legion, etc.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1296278832' post='2608745']
Its that speculation/paranoia/conspiracy was the main focus of Doom House's declaration, no point going around in circles like the rest of the world for weeks on end, fight now talk later :nuke::awesome:
[/quote]

I was being sarcastic, but for once I think we agree.