GOONS Recognition of War with NPO meatshields/vassal states

Sardonic

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1296168690' post='2606220']
Sorry it took so long for my response but needed to wait for the world to stop spinning.

Legion, Invicta, TPF, and 64digits? With such incompetent enemies there is good reason for GOONS to be upbeat about the outcome of this conflict. As for cash, GOONS won't have to worry.

NPO is going to die. people attacking GOONS will also die. Everything will die.
[/quote]
No hate for me or wanting me to die as well? Everything can't die if everyone isn't fighting, but I see no desire from you guys to want to fight me and no one has asked for help, so I feel like I've been disincluded from this cult of death. When will MK want to fight me if no one should stay neutral? I would hate to make the same mistake NPO made to deserve this happening to them by not attacking you guys this war. :(

Edited by Methrage

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1296171126' post='2606275']
Except, you couldn't provide the fun back during NEW thing right? That could actually be dangerous.

While this will not be a walk through the park for you, as I can promise you, stop acting like you did some radical action reckless maneuver here.
You picked on a weaker side for no reason in an opportune moment when the entire world was busy with another global war.

Far out, man.
[/quote]
So, it's fun and a little bit of revenge. I didn't say it was the perfect war strategy. Who said we wanted a walk in the park anyhow?

Edited by Stormsend

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1296171246' post='2606280']
So, it's fun and a little bit of revenge.
[/quote]
It is an entire truckload of [s]revenge[/s] butt hurt.

Though that is fine. I am just saying though, enjoy being a villain and stop pretending once more how you are saving this world again. This time from boredom. World was already on fire, you just tagged alone and opportunistically strike.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1296168795' post='2606221']
Here's the trouble with attacking GOONS. Lots of them are so small that you really can't do any permanent damage – out of nuke range, so tech and land are just passed around, and the infra damage is cheap to fix. It doesn't matter if someone of them are warchest-light, because if some of their opponents are not, they'll get the same experience as Hizzy and the occasional $1m drop will keep them afloat. And GOONS are an aggressive alliance with a community that thrives on the activity that comes from war, so they will love being in a real war, particularly one in which they will definitely eventually win.

Throwing all your alliances at GOONS was not a good strategic move, because they will enjoy it, you can't seriously damage them and you won't find many infra huggers to stand a chance of knocking them out of the war.
[/quote]

This is a good post but you're doing it wrong. You need to stretch this out to about 3 pages with inane padding, then post it in IC discussion with the Schattenman flare. Then it will be an excellent post that we can mindlessly hail. o/

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1296171417' post='2606283']
It is an entire truckload of [s]revenge[/s] butt hurt.

Though that is fine. I am just saying though, enjoy being a villain and stop pretending once more how you are saving this world again. This time from boredom. World was already on fire, you just tagged alone and opportunistically strike.
[/quote]
You say "the world was already on fire," I say "the world wasn't burning enough."

Poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-nuclear destruction.

GOONS will be they easiest alliance to rebuild due to their small sized nations. You wont win the overall war so instead of picking an alliance you can do lasting damage to you pick GOONS to dog pile. GOONS will defiantly survive and will be built back up much quicker then MK or umbrella could

But hey I'm not complaining

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1296170442' post='2606259']
The difference is most alliances don't trumpet that their allies will save them in their DoW or "Recognition of War" announcements. I think everyone knows that alliances will call in allies to assist them if needed but most would not be so defeatist as to base their entire announcement around how their allies will save them and they won't disband.
[/quote]
I think that comment in the OP is "we know you guys only countered GOONS so you wouldn't get any retaliation. But yeah, that's not going to work. Nice try though."

[quote name='Lucius Aerilius' timestamp='1296175087' post='2606359']
I think its cute that LOLegion and Co chose not to hit MK or Umbrella. Afraid of counters are we? I'd love it if you all grew a set and gave us an excuse.
[/quote]

Excuse? What is this excuse you speak of? This new world isn't bound by treaties anymore. Everything Must Die!

And yes, I know we are all scared to death of counters. I plan on staying in peace mode for 3 months even if the war ends because it's so safe and warm here.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296170973' post='2606272']
You're purposefully missing the point, we are obviously going to win a coalition victory, and we're going to have a blast doing it. That's what the point was.
[/quote]

I cannot miss a point I was not discussing. Whether you will win or have a blast doing so is irrelevant to what I was discussing, which was your rather odd announcement.

[quote name='Beefspari']
I think that comment in the OP is "we know you guys only countered GOONS so you wouldn't get any retaliation. But yeah, that's not going to work. Nice try though."
[/quote]

If that was the intent it didn't come across that way. It was rather too focussed on negatives for my liking, but each to their own I suppose.

I think its cute that LOLegion and Co chose not to hit MK or Umbrella. Afraid of counters are we? I'd love it if you all grew a set and gave us an excuse.
[/quote]
Whether you enter or not it will still be aggressive action. If Umbrella or Mushroom Kingdom is hit, no one will take you seriously in activating the defense part of your treaty. If you ever enter, it will be via the optional aggression part of your treaty.

Either way, I expect you guys to enter. What will happen is this. The war over here (DH v. NPO) will not go as easily as planned and the NpO war will be put to an end with you all being told to redeploy to bail out DH. It's early, but that is my prediction.

[quote name='steodonn' timestamp='1296171964' post='2606292']
GOONS will be they easiest alliance to rebuild due to their small sized nations. You wont win the overall war so instead of picking an alliance you can do lasting damage to you pick GOONS to dog pile. GOONS will defiantly survive and will be built back up much quicker then MK or umbrella could

But hey I'm not complaining
[/quote]

I can believe that's true, that assuming you win you can easily rebuild Goons. What I don't understand is why you would want to. Goons are an embarrassment. They're truly a waste of space on this fair planet. I'm fighting one with a $23mill WC, less than 2.5k infra and a Social Security System and Stock Market. This is his first war, no casualties until I knocked his door earlier. He has spent 212 of his 213 days in Goons. This is the product of this pestilent filthy alliance.

Why in the name of admin and all that is holy would you possibly want to rebuild them?

The actions of Sparta, MK, GOONS and Umbrella in this war have already shown that coalition warfare doesn't necessarily require a direct treaty activation. By attacking GOONS, all these alliances have shown a clear intent to join the Pacific coalition and therefore any alliance which has a reasonable cause to join the Doomhouse coalition can choose to enter on them.

Since these are counters to the attack on NPO, which is the main example of treaty activations not being needed, and postdate the Sparta DoW on NV, you should all have known that and therefore trying to dodge treaty counters would be quite silly. I suspect that you are trying to concentrate fire and knock an alliance out of the war, but I don't think that GOONS is an alliance which can be taken out in that way, for the reasons discussed earlier.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1296176234' post='2606379']
I can believe that's true, that assuming you win you can easily rebuild Goons. What I don't understand is why you would want to. Goons are an embarrassment. They're truly a waste of space on this fair planet. I'm fighting one with a $23mill WC, less than 2.5k infra and a Social Security System and Stock Market. This is his first war, no casualties until I knocked his door earlier. He has spent 212 of his 213 days in Goons. This is the product of this pestilent filthy alliance.

Why in the name of admin and all that is holy would you possibly want to rebuild them?
[/quote]

Because we get the job done is why.

[/quote]
Compared to a 363day old, 3k infra Legion member with a 15k WC in his first war?

Know which i would rather have.

[/quote]
Yes, there is absolutely no other reason that they chose to hit GOONS besides being afraid of counters, none at all.

Besides, it's already clear your side will drag in whoever they want in the name of coalition warfare, hell, Bob just said it. Counters have very little, if anything, to do with the reasoning of hitting GOONS.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1296176425' post='2606388']
Haven't you been following? Warchests don't matter, they have Umbrella to give them free money
[/quote]
[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296115085' post='2605133']
Umbrella will show you why GOONS needs the FAC.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hahahaha you're fighting Slumpy. He hasn't been active since at most day 100, and I dearly miss him. Hopefully your attacks will bring him back to us!

[/quote]
lol if you think GOONS is ill prepared for war you should see the three NPOers I'm fighting.
None of them have MPs, one has an SDI, one guy had 10k infa, after getting dropped to 9k he bought back up to 10k. Oh that guy had 500 tech too and a 180 mil warchest.
The other two had 8k+infa, one had a 30 mil warchest, the other had a 1 mil warchest.
So yeah lets judge an alliance based on one or three members.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1296176277' post='2606382']
The actions of Sparta, MK, GOONS and Umbrella in this war have already shown that coalition warfare doesn't necessarily require a direct treaty activation. By attacking GOONS, all these alliances have shown a clear intent to join the Pacific coalition and therefore any alliance which has a reasonable cause to join the Doomhouse coalition can choose to enter on them.

Since these are counters to the attack on NPO, which is the main example of treaty activations not being needed, and postdate the Sparta DoW on NV, you should all have known that and therefore trying to dodge treaty counters would be quite silly. I suspect that you are trying to concentrate fire and knock an alliance out of the war, but I don't think that GOONS is an alliance which can be taken out in that way, for the reasons discussed earlier.
[/quote]

Once this is for certain, you will no longer have to maintain your treaty web, it's out the window entirely.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296176040' post='2606372']
Whether you enter or not it will still be aggressive action. If Umbrella or Mushroom Kingdom is hit, no one will take you seriously in activating the defense part of your treaty. If you ever enter, it will be via the optional aggression part of your treaty.

Either way, I expect you guys to enter. What will happen is this. The war over here (DH v. NPO) will not go as easily as planned and the NpO war will be put to an end with you all being told to redeploy to bail out DH. It's early, but that is my prediction.
[/quote]

But... but... but... OPTIONAL!

And I don't know. I'm trying to be fair in my assessment, but it looks from an outside perspective like Pacifica is getting pounded. I'm not saying it was unexpected, but without a few more of your slave alliances jumping in to spare you more attacks from MK/Umb, I highly doubt they'll ask for allied aid from our end. Not that we aren't on deck :D

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1296177097' post='2606406']
lol if you think GOONS is ill prepared for war you should see the three NPOers I'm fighting.
None of them have MPs, one has an SDI, one guy had 10k infa, after getting dropped to 9k he bought back up to 10k. Oh that guy had 500 tech too and a 180 mil warchest.
The other two had 8k+infa, one had a 30 mil warchest, the other had a 1 mil warchest.
So yeah lets judge an alliance based on one or three members.
[/quote]

for some reason this seems to only further justify why NPO was not a realy threat to you guys...

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1296179009' post='2606456']
Heh, I'm fighting this war because I've disliked the NPO since 06. I'm glad I get to roll them.
[/quote]

I never asked why you were fighting the war, nor do I really care. It just shows that you guys, on a whim it seems, decided to attack an alliance that you claim is "growing in power". Your posts about how weak they are, how easy they are to get into anarchy, etc, only shows the hypocrisy/irony in it all.

But whens the last time that kind of thing has mattered in CN....

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1296158869' post='2605981']
I don't see how GOONS appear to be whiny or, as you put it, "uncertain and vulnerable". For being having talked to many of them, I can assure you they feel honoured that Pacifica and its friends felt GOONS were the biggest threat and the only one that needed a counter. But I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.
[/quote]

it is the entirity of the people attacking GOONS, saying that GOONS are scared. i take it as them trying to reassure themselves of this being a good idea. when you get singled out by 6 or 7 alliances, and you're already fighting the largest war-like alliance in the game, a post like this is important to make.

plus those sweet papajacky logs (or whatever his name is) more or less showed that they really aren't sure, even amongst themselves. GOONS will take massive damage, sure, but it's easily rebuilt.