Dear Archon

Schattenmann

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1295949105' post='2599756']
This is closest to the truth I think. Archon has been wanting to leave for some time. Everytime he does everybody else starts screwing things up so badly he has to come back. So he figured lets go all in then he and can fade away and be long gone before NPO returns to power. They will of course because unlike you they do care so they will always win in the end. This is sort of like a big roguefest because you know its only a matter of time.
[/quote]

I had the same thought.

We want a name for this war, here it is:

The Ragequit War.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1295937568' post='2599244']
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see oneself become a villain
[/quote]

True enough. This applies perfectly to the game - as much as MK + Powerstructure would have liked to sit back & play nice, there's no fun in that. Someone ALWAYS has to be the bad guy - hell, you should all be applauding their actions as it brings new life into the game. An enemy you can all unite again and, [i]hopefully[/i], one day defeat.

[quote name='bkphysics' timestamp='1295937690' post='2599255']
Though I never for once believed MK to represent a bright future for the world, I read your words with total agreement. I still despise the NPO for the crap they pulled in the past, but this recent set of events by doomhouse takes the cake for utter shame. At least the NPO would manufacture a CB via some sort of espionage or shady tactics. Seems doomhouse didn't even have the aptitude to do that.
[/quote]

So what you are saying is that you would rather be lied to and deceived opposed to seeing how Doom house bluntly and transparently declared war on the Order. You are on ignorant man.

[quote name='Rextu' timestamp='1295962099' post='2599991']
Always a follower, Schattenmann. Ever heard the saying "it's best never to meet your heroes"? Well this is one of those circumstances.

You know damn well that anyone with power will excercise it, and I feel that MK are far cleaner than the Hegemony in that they are brutally honest when it comes to war. A pity your letter will have no influence.

Perhaps it's time you joined NPO.
[/quote]

[b]Quoted For Truth![/b] Nice to see you on the OWF again Rextu. Hope you are enjoying the war - and yes, those with power will always use it. We saw back before Karma when NpO + Friends were clobbered by Continuum, the Woodstock Massacre, and we're seeing it NOW. Tis the nature of the game. If you don't like it, attempt to change it, however, you will have to live with it!

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1295960906' post='2599976']
As I said in a PM to someone mere moments ago:

We fell for it, but quickly learned that it was all a lie.

None of this surprises me, I'm afraid.
[/quote]

I don't really understand what you're complaining about here?
Didn't Nordreich reform?
Are there still NoR members on a ZI list?
Don't you consider this a change?

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1295946304' post='2599697']
The angst in this thread was well worth it. You children! Really, if this is the best PR attack Tyga and Grub can produce consider me well satisfied.
[/quote]

Except of course it isn't propaganda.

No, a child looks around at what they have created and deciding they are bored, smashes it. That is exactly what is happening now.

EDIT: For those looking at the words above, then upon reading the quote in my sig see irony, be aware that when I spoke those words I lamented the stagnation of the world and expressed my desire for some blocks to get knocked over. That desire has not changed. This world needs from time to time to be lubricated with virtual blood to keep it moving forward.

[i]OOC: What is doesn't need are people who are no longer committed to the roleplay necessary to make it interesting and engaging for the rest of us.[/i]

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='Rextu' timestamp='1295962099' post='2599991']
You know damn well that anyone with power will excercise it, and I feel that MK are far cleaner than the Hegemony in that they are brutally honest when it comes to war.
[/quote]

Hypocrisy and honesty are not congruent values.

NPO was never given a chance. Despite a great job by Cortath to change NPO from withing and outside it all couldn't be more futile as this hate filled world is overly stale and stuck in years long passed.

And that is why it is dying, as there is no new dynamics.

I am sorry Shatt, but this is largely your doing. Your work in Vox was greatly successful. You have created an incredible hate filled atmosphere which determined more then any force, we were never to be given a chance. And so hence, an attempt to finally destroy the Pacifican community.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1295972938' post='2600295']
NPO was never given a chance. Despite a great job by Cortath to change NPO from withing and outside it all couldn't be more futile as this hate filled world is overly stale and stuck in years long passed.

I am sorry Shatt, but this is largely your doing. Your work in Vox was greatly successful. You have created an incredible hate filled atmosphere which determined more then any force, we were never to be given a chance. And so hence, an attempt to finally destroy the Pacifican community.
[/quote]

All people's personal feelings on this aside, saying that Schatt created an incredible hate filled atmosphere, is dismissive of NPOs role in creating that very same atmosphere. It is, lack of acceptance of specific things, that directly lead people to not really want to forgive and forget. I have told everyone I have ever spoken to , in NPO, that I for one, have no desire to see you rolled again, but that you, to this day, have failed to recognize and apologize for wrongs perpetrated. You kept it into completely general terms, when with so many left shattered in your wake, specific apologies needed to be made.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1295973429' post='2600312']All people's personal feelings on this aside, saying that Schatt created an incredible hate filled atmosphere, is dismissive of NPOs role in creating that very same atmosphere. [/quote]
I didn't said it was exclusively his doing. I admit, even largely is highly debatable.

I suppose NPO got what was heading its way in "karma". But this now, this overkill after NPO for two years under Cortath didn't made even the slightest of transgressions even by the most sensitive moral concepts-- this is just hate. Which was given birth in part, by Vox movement.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1295972938' post='2600295']

[/quote]

You say that like NPO wasn't the leader of the biggest hate machine on Planet Bob from 2007-2009. It was of course. It was just had better uniforms than the current bunch "in charge".

No, the problem wasn't Vox, it was always the sideshow you thought it was up until "Karma" found it useful as a propaganda tool. Vox was an odd collection of personalities and egos that would otherwise not have even given each other the time of day without a hatred of NPO to unite them, and once the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner went up they dispersed like the building was on fire. No, the fault lay in all those alliances that defeated NPO (and what was left of its allies in early 2009) and didn't have a plan for the new world order once they finished. Perhaps there was no plan because they honestly didn't think they would win, but felt an obligation to try. Whatever the case, a new order did eventually evolve and as I feared, it became one that many people simply don't like IC or OOC.

Times are changing and with a bit of luck, they will change this time for the better.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1295975009' post='2600372']You say that like NPO wasn't the leader of the biggest hate machine on Planet Bob from 2007-2009. It was of course. It was just had better uniforms than the current bunch "in charge".[/quote]
I will say now for the third time today, that I do suppose and understand that NPO got what was coming to it in "karma". So, stop imprinting that I am "[i]saying it like,...[/i]" whatever.

My point is though different and relates to 2011. Anyway, Ill admit you make a good point, you and Rush Sykes. I may initially have overstated any possible effect Vox movement had with the current on goings. I suppose it happened while seeing not only doomhouses hails to their blatant unprovoked aggression on NPO (which is their choice and all is fine) but also support from other corners of planet CN.

I just feel that after two years of Cortath and his IOs rule, that if a genuine opportunity for NPO to find its new place in CN was really given, this blatant aggression would not be not only possible but would receive a clear message of political disapproval from the rest of the CN. In trying to understand that, I may have put the effects of Vox public campaign in a wrong context. But still, the phenomena is interesting.

Anyway, whatever.

Schatt your words echo through everyone's ears. I for one saw the Kingdom as the gold standard of a perfect alliance mere months ago. They have used their political power to twist and manipulate alliances who are now petulant children suckling off the teat of archon. Now it is our time to rise and rebel against this democracy of hypocrisy that we call CN.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1295974004' post='2600334']
Which was given birth in part, by Vox movement.
[/quote]

The people who disliked Pacifica had disliked them for years. Vox was an instrument, not a musician.

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' timestamp='1295976912' post='2600448']
I for one saw the Kingdom as the gold standard of a perfect alliance mere months ago.
[/quote]

This shows your inability to think logically. (Don't worry tho, you're not alone) If anyone paid any notice to MK at all, they would have noticed that this trend has been going on for about a year.

*sniff*

Schatt paraphrased my old sig.

Meet the new boss.
Same as the old boss.

*sniff*

I feel so.....vindicated.

Edited by Daeryon

I'm very possibly the smuggest !@#$%^& in the Cyberverse right now. It baffles me that anyone ever trusted MK. People would always dismiss it as ravings when I referred to them as LUE, but I have finally been proven unequivocally correct, and it feels damn good. I told you all what would happen when these mouthbreathers were placed in charge, and it has come to pass.

The lesson here to the entire Cyberverse: start listening to Doppelganger. I'm very often correct.

[quote name='UberSpion' timestamp='1295977323' post='2600458']
[b][color="#800080"][font="Comic Sans MS"]I resent this comment. [/font][/color][/b]
[/quote]
Aw, come on, Uber. ROFL was so lame that when we merged into Purge you left. :lol1:

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1295977503' post='2600464']The people who disliked Pacifica had disliked them for years. Vox was an instrument, not a musician.[/quote]
Yes, I have left my earlier position as just a knee jerk response to what I have found today. While I think that Vox did a bang up job in additionally highlighting the hate, its something from a different time and place in CN history and making the connection with today was my mistake.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1295975776' post='2600404']
I will say now for the third time today, that I do suppose and understand that NPO got what was coming to it in "karma". So, stop imprinting that I am "[i]saying it like,...[/i]" whatever.

My point is though different and relates to 2011. Anyway, Ill admit you make a good point, you and Rush Sykes. I may initially have overstated any possible effect Vox movement had with the current on goings. I suppose it happened while seeing not only doomhouses hails to their blatant unprovoked aggression on NPO (which is their choice and all is fine) but also support from other corners of planet CN.

I just feel that after two years of Cortath and his IOs rule, that if a genuine opportunity for NPO to find its new place in CN was really given, this blatant aggression would not be not only possible but would receive a clear message of political disapproval from the rest of the CN. In trying to understand that, I may have put the effects of Vox public campaign in a wrong context. But still, the phenomena is interesting.

Anyway, whatever.
[/quote]

Nah. Vox for all they did is largely forgotten. This war and hatred is coming solely from the alliance that led the Karma war and the one that imposed crippling reparations. If there's one good thing about this war it's that reparations will die. No one will pay them because they obviously don't mean a darn thing to those now in charge.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295977785' post='2600473']
Aw, come on, Uber. ROFL was so lame that when we merged into Purge you left. :lol1:
[/quote]

[b][color="#800080"][font="Comic Sans MS"]You guys were cool, I mean... You had nintenderek.... :P[/font][/color][/b]

[quote name='Henry Rollins' timestamp='1295971224' post='2600215']
People don't change as often as we would like Schatt. It was only a matter of time before Pacifica looked for revenge and it was also only a matter of time before the Unjust Path wanted to take its swipe. Such is the way of this world.
[/quote]

No one can change if there not given the chance.

I also think Pacifica has changed dramiticaly since the last war. The amount of alliances residing in the red sphere and the share in senate seat with Pacifica and CoJ is testament to that.