Ragnarok declaration of war

Tautology

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SonOfHoward' timestamp='1295561533' post='2587257']
So what, Rok is choosing NpO's side over VE's side, they are seeking the path of least resistance(FA speaking so no offense PC) in this case to try to appease both treaties partners when really they should poop or get off the pot.

See I can make peepee and poopoo references too.
[/quote]
I know these are supposed to be serious times but I smiled at the Poison Clan/path of least resistance comment. Unfortunately, it became clear very quickly that appeasing VE was never a serious option here - have you seen that look a bull gets when the matador waves the red rag? Despite that, I imagine there are some in VE who feel they've been pooped on from a greater or lesser height. I don't take any personal pleasure from that.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1295555244' post='2587034']
So wait, what I hear you saying is NPO is going to find some way to avoid fighting for it's allies, when they become involved, because you think it's going to be in a losing war? That's really pathetic you know.
[/quote]

Awww, what's the matter Steve? Something something tears something something. Also, u mad? :P

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1295538300' post='2586420']
[img]http://www.insomnia.gr/uploads/1290642738/gallery_63654_40_1180.gif[/img]

You are kidding right?

-omfg
[/quote]
No, he's not; after all, if Lennox was working for them, his actions would be lacking malicious intent, right? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='William Blake' timestamp='1295564214' post='2587314']
oh well, that works too. Gotta use that warchest on something. When do you guys plan on joining or are you waiting for a while before coming in and acting like badasses?
[/quote]

Waiting for a while.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1295566617' post='2587372']
Awww, what's the matter Steve? Something something tears something something. Also, u mad? :P
[/quote]
Huh? I think you misinterpreted my post. Not mad at all. :) I little friendly goading doesn't hurt anybody. Hope to see Regitivm or whatever you are called nowadays, on the battlefield this update.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

anyone else miss the good old days when people just hailed the attacking alliance instead of endlessly debating the most random details of a choice that has already been made by an alliance that isn't yours?

o/ Rok
o/ PC
o/ War

Edited by Systemfailure

Good luck PC. Keep in mind that it's not ROK's fault for having to honorably uphold their treaty with the Polar Snakes. If they didn't, Polar would just call them cowards and back stabbers, and helping to pull an alliances ass out of the perverbial fire for spying just raises their standing on Bob.

[quote name='Vandal' timestamp='1295577955' post='2587582']
Good luck PC. Keep in mind that it's not ROK's fault for having to honorably uphold their treaty with the Polar Snakes. If they didn't, Polar would just call them cowards and back stabbers, and helping to pull an alliances ass out of the perverbial fire for spying just raises their standing on Bob.
[/quote]

Nice to see that TSO still exist.

[quote name='Vandal' timestamp='1295577955' post='2587582']
[/quote]

Yes, Yes... because RoK is so fearfull of Polaris calling them backstabbers.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1295578272' post='2587587']
Yes, Yes... because RoK is so fearfull of Polaris calling them backstabbers.
[/quote]

So, What you're saying is RoK supports spying and acts of aggression by their treaty partners rather than just upholding the letter of said treaty. I mean, I figured RoK had to do what it had to do unless you're saying otherwise and there's alterior motives behind this.

[quote name='Vandal' timestamp='1295578659' post='2587597']
So, What you're saying is RoK supports spying and acts of aggression by their treaty partners rather than just upholding the letter of said treaty. I mean, I figured RoK had to do what it had to do unless you're saying otherwise and there's alterior motives behind this.
[/quote]

They must, because they stayed allied to VE even after VE did all that to their treaty partner \m/.

[quote name='Vandal' timestamp='1295578659' post='2587597']
[/quote]

Yes, RoK clearly supports spying for following a defense clause, Your on to something here, TSO!

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295558224' post='2587136']
Yes, we know that some SF alliances will be defending RoK ... that doesn't really change anything. Since RoK insisted on going in and you didn't want to defend them 100% and push PB away, you decided to move the pieces and make sure the war was contained. This way, RoK gets to defend Polar and everything remains copacetic between SF and PB. I know the drill. I've been there in those conversations before. Since you couldn't talk RoK out of letting ally burn, I can only theorize that you simply controlled who hit RoK in retaliation and who will then counter. No offense to SLCB, but they aren't known for being the most organized or active alliance, so a counter-declaration on RoK just minutes after they posted sort of supports that theory.

Also, I am well aware of what Taut knows and he has been reconsulted. My stance hasn't changed and neither has theirs.
[/quote]

What did you want, us to roll in for Polar through the MDAP voting in SF and ignored all the others? Including one we have from literally days old, from well before RoK even existed, to do what? Back RoK in defending an ally of theirs that had a great deal of assistance in stepping in it? For someone who's so huge on the ethics and importance of treaties Hoo, I don't get your bitterness in SF not rolling out to hit back at PB for rolling an ally of yours and yours alone. Regardless of how nice we've been with Polar lately, regardless of what the peanut galleries think, we don't have a MDP with them. You say "some alliances will be defending RoK" Isn't that more then you could have hoped for considering chaining? You're the one going against the grain to defend an ally on the totally opposite side of the spectrum, and that's one of the reasons why we love you, but some of SF will also be putting our butts on the line so you, and again, only you, can live up to your whole "to hell and back" fixation you have with Polar. To keep reading you slamming us in particular is very hurtful man, and not like you at all. Your one tie doesnt hold everyone else hostage, no matter how tight we are, it doesn't work like that.

And I damned sure hope Taut isn't keeping you in the loop on everything like you keep claiming, with you being on the totally different side and all O.o

[quote]I was under the impression GOD/R&R never told RoK of their intentions[/quote] No matter how many times this gets repeated, it doesnt make it true, and it's troubling to hear some RoK members repeating it just as often as the normal trolls.

[quote]I can see Xiph deciding to break ranks and take R&R with him if for no other reason but he hates NpO[/quote]
Yeah. Thats why the man's spent hours in rooms trying to avoid Polar getting hit for months now. That's why we've been trying our damnedest to sell Polar over as worth being friendly with in some of our larger allies embassys, that's why... I could seriously go on. Ask NPO how we feel about Polar, maybe they'll let some of our embassy conversations about how we felt about Polar come out. We have zero, let me repeat this again, zero feelings of hate from the old days towards Polar. That got cleared out when they hit us in BiPolar. We've been so pro Polar lately that we've got most of our allies annoyed with us, but sure, we're just full of hate, and rage, and bunnies and stuff for Polar.

[quote]Given that CSN, RIA, GOD, R&R, and Rok can't seem to agree on anything but to disagree at the moment, keep your tech, you're going to need it later when you rebuild. [/quote] You'll be surprised later then.

O7 RoK

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295559002' post='2587164']
Oh, so it's cool for GOD to pick an ally over their bloc, but it's not cool for RoK to pick an ally over the same bloc. Gotcha. I find [i]that[/i] to be in poor harm (whatever that means).
[/quote]

This is known as Citadel syndrome, and it infects every bloc eventually.

As Aesop might say, "[i]Cotidiana vilescunt[/i]."

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1295531398' post='2586245']
Yet the spy is sheltered in Viridia unpunished. That fact alone gives you away.
[/quote]
VERY interesting.. course I knew this was the case from the beginning (not before :P)

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295531981' post='2586259']
We aren't monsters, and if someone repents and reforms, absolution from sins is possible.
[/quote]
WoW!! Someone spiked the holy water in Viridia! Must be a weapon of mass Disinformation! Surprise Surprise.. Someone thought that the same trick worked twice.... yeah.. good luck with that ;)

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295558673' post='2587150']
When Rok wants something VE has their back, we rolled in the six million dollar war on literally minutes notice, no questions asked. They needed us we were there.
[/quote]
That would be despite your deep love and admiration for the New Sith Order, right?

Give me a break. You guys were there because you wanted to be.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1295559825' post='2587194']
Your post has so many things wrong with it, i don't even know where to begin. I know you're used it it, being in the ex-hegemony and whatnot, but its actually possible to have a bloc without a bloc leader. Xiph doesn't hate NpO, he's been doing them favors for months to stop them from being rolled. GOD hasn't been close to PB, we just cut our GOONS treaty a couple weeks ago in a spectacularly public fashion. YOU KNOW THIS. You were calling Xiph a stubborn hothead in the thread. Rok told us that they would be assisting NpO, and we understood. Are we happy about it? Not particularly. I like Rok a lot and I would have gone neutral had I been in their positions.But we're not of side mind and body, we're friends. Lastly, I'll be you 100 tech that SF won't die after this.
[/quote]
You know that he's former senior SF government, right?

[quote name='William Blake' timestamp='1295564214' post='2587314']
oh well, that works too. Gotta use that warchest on something. When do you guys plan on joining or are you waiting for a while before coming in and acting like badasses?
[/quote]
MK's declaring early in March.