War Propaganda

Teddyyo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295484406' post='2584576']
Thanks for give me more material, is nice to see how much VE care and respect their allies ;)

By the way, a friend asked me for to do something that you would like:
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2272/smoothl.png[/img]
[/quote]

It's been a while since I've been around, but this is brilliant.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295480220' post='2584426']
NpO membership requested this one after one of our members received a message in-game:
[img]http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8524/fokisafraid.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Please, please make an apng version of that as an alternate, it would look so much better. :v:

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1295494508' post='2584815']
1) Smooth, don't be a jackass. Got jackasses in surplus as it is.

2) VE disbanded. I disbanded it. I used the word [b]disband[/b]. It's band went "dis".
[/quote]
No we didn't!!! My sig says otherwise. ;)

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295496888' post='2584848']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/P4lyW.gif[/img]

I could really get into this.
[/quote]
Citing to Issac Dolomus is an awkward decision given I largely rejected the name once I was no longer ducking attention.

That said "Dolomus" was the best name I ever came up with and I laugh a little every time it comes up.

[quote name='Smooth' timestamp='1295497582' post='2584857']
I'll bite, when did we not come to RoK's aid?
[/quote]

I guess I know Viriidian history better than Viridians (for example I know that you disbanded).

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=26115
VE flipped crap on Polar for attacking their ally and said no one who did that would ever be VE's friend, now VE is fdoing the exact same thing to RoK.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295497905' post='2584864']
I guess I know Viriidian history better than Viridians (for example I know that you disbanded).

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=26115
VE flipped crap on Polar for attacking their ally and said no one who did that would ever be VE's friend, now VE is fdoing the exact same thing to RoK.
[/quote]

I don't believe we're forcing RoK to do anything...

Sorry I didn't get the reference, I was going the other way with the quote, as in RoK was going to war or something. My bad.

[quote name='Smooth' timestamp='1295497582' post='2584857']
I'll bite, when did we not come to RoK's aid?
[/quote]
The quote talks about the reprehensibility of attacking an ally's ally. I ripped NpO a new one for doing that with FIST. Schatt then turns attention to this circumstance, in which VE declared on an ally's (RoK) ally (NpO). The comparison presents VE as hypocritical at worst and profoundly changed from its past form at best. To do so it glosses over details (15 minutes notice from NpO; greater prior notice from VE to RoK; etc), but most people wouldn't notice or care about said details.

However the image is large and cumbersome, ultimately of little use beyond the confines of this propaganda thread. It's also a late entry onto the "Disregard X, Acquire Y" bandwagon that has swept CN (sourced from a meme that was itself tired before it ever reached these boards). At this point, it'd be more clever to show a picture of B.I.G. and apply the original form, though that's limited by the need to censor here. Ultimately it is a far less effective angle at the same type of propaganda (though the subject matter is different) as presented by D34TH earlier in this thread: The "Double Standards" Sig.

EDIT: minor adjustment for better flow

Edited by Ardus

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1295498409' post='2584937']
The quote talks about the reprehensibility of attacking an ally's ally. I ripped NpO a new one for doing that with FIST. Schatt then turns attention to this circumstance, in which VE declared on an ally's (RoK) ally (NpO). The comparison presents VE as hypocritical at worst and profoundly changed from its past form at best. To do so it glosses over details (15 minutes notice from NpO; greater prior notice from VE to RoK; etc), but most people wouldn't notice or care about said details.

However the image is large and cumbersome, ultimately of little use beyond the confines of this propaganda thread. It's also a late entry onto the "Disregard X, Acquire Y" bandwagon that has swept CN (sourced from a meme that was itself tired before it ever reached these boards). At this point, it'd be more clever to show a picture of B.I.G. and apply the original form, though that's limited by the need to censor here. Ultimately it is a far less effective angle at the same type of propaganda (though the subject matter is different) as presented by D34TH earlier in this thread: The "Double Standards" Sig.

EDIT: minor adjustment for better flow
[/quote]
No yeah I got it, I was just taking the quote a different way, as soon as I saw Schatt's post I was like "oh, that's what he's talking about."