Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

Haflinger, you're making a grave mistake if you take Ray's 'they said' and believe it wholesale. But yes, Aguacenta = Lost.

[quote]How can you even say that "Polaris" as a whole sanctioned this "spy coaching" with a straight face?[/quote]
Because Dajobo obviously did (see the logs), and he's a senior figure in NpO government. If Sol sent a spy into your alliance, would you not consider that a CB against VE?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295468634' post='2584159']
Haflinger, you're making a grave mistake if you take Ray's 'they said' and believe it wholesale. But yes, Aguacenta = Lost.[/quote]

Or he's read the thread. Either/or.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1295458402' post='2584030']
!@#$%^&* from a !@#$%^&* alliance that should have stayed dead.
[/quote]
Hating VE is one thing, wishing for their alliance to be gone is another. I would love nothing more than to see VE crushed, that being said I don't wish them gone, and this is coming from a man and an alliance that despises VE.

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1295468618' post='2584157']
If we had done that, then we'd be criticized for making war for war's sake.[/quote]
That [i]is[/i] what you're being criticized for, although now you're also losing face for dishonesty.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1295468946' post='2584169']
Hating VE is one thing, wishing for their alliance to be gone is another. I would love nothing more than to see VE crushed, that being said I don't wish them gone, and this is coming from a man and an alliance that despises VE.
[/quote]

I'm betting \m/'s actually gotta like where they're sitting and their options. They like seeing 2 alliances they don't like tear each other to pieces, and happen to be close enough to the action to get some war, and to join the side they like a little more.

[quote name='Creeping Death' timestamp='1295476136' post='2584343']
Death to NpO! Your destabiizing the blue sphere has come to an end! NAAC's ghost still haunts you.
[/quote]
Destabilizing? Really now. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1295468946' post='2584169']
[/quote]
I both hate them [b]and[/b] want them gone. They're a revival of a dead husk (which is rarely ever a good idea), play awfully at politics (I point of course, to the very event being discussed here), and now hang around with the "wrong crowd" (but that's more my own opinion than anything else).

Death to NpO! Your destabiizing the blue sphere has come to an end! NAAC's ghost still haunts you.
[/quote]
Since its foundation in 2006, the NpO has bought nothing but wealth and prosperity to the blue sphere. They've made it the most popular sphere of trade second only to black. Please, tell me how that is "destabilising"?

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1295477584' post='2584377']
I both hate them [b]and[/b] want them gone. They're a revival of a dead husk (which is rarely ever a good idea)[/quote]

Why is it a bad idea? Give us some concrete reasons why it's never a good idea for an alliance to reform.

Heck, here are the relevant dates if it helps your argument -

VE founded June 12, 2006

VE disbanded May 25, 2007

VE reforms September 17, 2007

January 2011 - Over three years since reformation.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1295477584' post='2584377']
I both hate them [b]and[/b] want them gone. They're a revival of a dead husk (which is rarely ever a good idea), play awfully at politics (I point of course, to the very event being discussed here), and now hang around with the "wrong crowd" (but that's more my own opinion than anything else).[/quote]
This whole paragraph is your opinion and nothing else (though I am sure you are not the only VE hater that has them). They have been quite successful as a revival and it is quite apparent that the community of the alliance survived despite the disbandment meaning they were much more than a "dead husk" when they reformed.

To say that they play awfully at politics is just asinine, and pointing to his war as evidence is even more idiotic. They are in a place of political power have some of the most solid ties to the two most powerful blocs in the world and are currently waging a successful war which at most annoyed one ally.

You certainly have an entertaining outlook on VE but, as with many entertaining things, it is purely fictional.

Edited by King Srqt

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1295469799' post='2584201']
I'm betting \m/'s actually gotta like where they're sitting and their options. They like seeing 2 alliances they don't like tear each other to pieces, and happen to be close enough to the action to get some war, and to join the side they like a little more.
[/quote]
Amen Brother!
Taking a centric approach to FA does indeed have benefits.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1295481868' post='2584479']
Why is it a bad idea? Give us some concrete reasons why it's never a good idea for an alliance to reform.

Heck, here are the relevant dates if it helps your argument -

VE founded June 12, 2006

VE disbanded May 25, 2007

VE reforms September 17, 2007

January 2011 - Over three years since [s]reformation[/s] you quit.
[/quote]

Fixed.

Edited by Henry Rollins

[quote name='Henry Rollins' timestamp='1295486696' post='2584632']
Fixed.
[/quote]

Just took a look at your nation. 315 days old, 6999.99 infra, 650 tech, 6 unused aid slots and 0 casualties. I'm guessing this isn't your first nation since you seem to know so much about Viridian history. When did you quit? I'm betting it was before you learned how to do a tech deal.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1295490155' post='2584716']
Just took a look at your nation. 315 days old, 6999.99 infra, 650 tech, 6 unused aid slots and 0 casualties. I'm guessing this isn't your first nation since you seem to know so much about Viridian history. When did you quit? I'm betting it was before you learned how to do a tech deal.
[/quote]

he might be talking about the other guy

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295468634' post='2584159']
Because Dajobo obviously did (see the logs), and he's a senior figure in NpO government. If Sol sent a spy into your alliance, would you not consider that a CB against VE?
[/quote]
I did see the logs. Given what was said, I wouldn't blame the whole alliance (as VE has done), then declare war on them. I would privately contact said official who it seems gave my alliance as a potential spy target and demand some disciplinary action be taken on said "spy coach". So no, not a valid CB. As Cornelius seems to acknowledge, it's a piss poor excuse. :rolleyes:

AND as I was just reminded, nevermind the whole "accepting screenshots isn't a CB in 2009" about face in standards... way to go champs.

But please continue trying to justify this farce. It's clearly entertaining some people.

Edited by KahlanRahl

[quote name='bzelger' timestamp='1295469438' post='2584182']
That [i]is[/i] what you're being criticized for, although now you're also losing face for dishonesty.
[/quote]
Exactly my point. If you're going to make war for war's sake, at least be honest about it.

edit: sorry for double posting. the multi-post function wasn't working for me for some reason... :v:

Edited by KahlanRahl

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1295468618' post='2584157']
If we had done that, then we'd be criticized for making war for war's sake. You can't please all the people all the time.
[/quote]

You're getting criticized and now horrible PR for what you've done anyway. Many more people would respect "we don't like you" over "You're doing something that we thought was okay when it was convenient for us, but now we don't think it's okay. Hurr durr hypocrisy."

Death to NpO! Your [b]destabiizing the blue sphere[/b] has come to an end! NAAC's ghost still haunts you.
[/quote]
That is no phrase that should ever pass through Viridian lips, son.

[/quote]
Oh, this made me giggle a little out loud. :laugh: I was on green sphere once... worst trades, ever. Thank goodness for blue.

[quote name='Viridia' timestamp='1295496579' post='2584841']
You guys and your thick heads realize that Creeping Death was making a joke, in reference to a previous war that the Entente was part of, right?
[/quote]

But of course, it's so obvious. :gag:

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1295490155' post='2584716']
[/quote]

Yeah, I got bored than quit; VE quit because it got a bloody nose.

When I came back I tried something new.

When you came back you "reformed" and played the perpetual victim.

How many times has Pacifica quit? Polaris? FAN? GATO? Legion? Fark? IRON? ODN?

Wait.. where's NAAC???

That's right, they died with respect and honor.

That's why you'll never be in the same league as the others Bill,

VE has always ridden on the coattails of others and the only people who believe you have principles are, well, you.

Get over yourself.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295468158' post='2584146']
Wait, by Lost do you mean Aguacenta? They're saying HE left because he was pissed off about not getting promoted?

A greater mischaracterization is difficult to imagine.
[/quote]That's what Ray seems to be suggesting.

I thought lost left because he wasn't respected enough for his fancies, in addition to listening to people whine about evil government, but I never spoke with that lot.

[quote name='Henry Rollins' timestamp='1295498518' post='2584951']
Yeah, I got bored than quit; VE quit because it got a bloody nose.

When I came back I tried something new.

When you came back you "reformed" and played the perpetual victim.

How many times has Pacifica quit? Polaris? FAN? GATO? Legion? Fark? IRON? ODN?

Wait.. where's NAAC???

That's right, they died with respect and honor.

That's why you'll never be in the same league as the others Bill,

VE has always ridden on the coattails of others and the only people who believe you have principles are, well, you.

Get over yourself.
[/quote]
There is no honor in making mistakes, but the greatest dishonor, is not to learn from them. There's no honor in NAACs weakness and inability to live, son, nor there's any honor in our disbandment, but there's honor in learning from our mistakes, the evolution of our decision making processes, the reform, and all the progress. There are nations that Viridia considers her core member states, regardless of circumstances, or the ruling body's ability to fulfill it's duties. I'll get over ourselves when the world ends, and everyone is dead.