Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295457080' post='2584004']
I have a lot more than that - I've still got my honour in tact, and capable of holding my relationships without having to lie to those under me. The bitterness washed away within days.

Perhaps one day your eyes may open too. :)
[/quote]
Or, you can keep telling yourself that, and remain a sad shell of a once respected individual.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295457080' post='2584004']
I have a lot more than that - I've still got my honour in tact, and capable of holding my relationships without having to lie to those under me. The bitterness washed away within days.

Perhaps one day your eyes may open too. :)
[/quote]

I read this and snorted SnorCo. Milk out of my nose. (Great Smoothlandic product by the way.)

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295457192' post='2584007']
Or, you can keep telling yourself that, and remain a sad shell of a once respected individual.
[/quote]

I wouldn't consider anything from you respect. I'll gladly be a shell in comparison. :wub:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295457409' post='2584012']
I wouldn't consider anything from you respect. I'll gladly be a shell in comparison. :wub:
[/quote]Oh, you misunderstood. My personal respect for you has not changed, I understand your behavior and opinions and do not blame you for them. It's sympathy that's now lacking in my attitude towards you, because of the things I learned of you.

I was talking of respect in the general sense, respectability. Not everyone can empathize with you, and it's those people's respect that you have lost.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295458145' post='2584024']
Oh, you misunderstood. My personal respect for you has not changed, I understand your behavior and opinions and do not blame you for them. It's sympathy that's now lacking in my attitude towards you, because of the things I learned of you.

I was talking of respect in the general sense, respectability. Not everyone can empathize with you, and it's those people's respect that you have lost.
[/quote]

If I wanted sympathy I'd look for it in the dictionary between !@#$ and syphilis :smug:

You don't know anything about me, dear Solaris. But that's ok - you'll just make up what works to fill in the blanks with. I'm already aware of this.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295458353' post='2584028']
If I wanted sympathy I'd look for it in the dictionary between !@#$ and syphilis :smug:

You don't know anything about me, dear Solaris. But that's ok - you'll just make up what works to fill in the blanks with. I'm already aware of this.
[/quote]Oh please, you're just butthurt because of the conflict of respects that impelled me to answer some questions you were unable or unwilling to openly discuss [i]in a rational manner[/i], to the best of my ability. I have never claimed anything I do not know for a fact as a fact, and have always been open for discourse to remedy any misperception of reality I might posses. My misperceptions, false narratives of facts, and misconceptions, are not beyond remedy, because they are not a part of my self image.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1295458402' post='2584030']
!@#$%^&* from a !@#$%^&* alliance that should have stayed dead.
[/quote]Perhaps there are courses of action you can take to improve the chances of fulfilling your dreams, and I implore you to study and consider these chances with great wisdom and zeal.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295459194' post='2584047']
Perhaps there are courses of action you can take to improve the chances of fulfilling your dreams, and I implore you to study and consider these chances with great wisdom and zeal.
[/quote]

[OOC]Seriously - your going to sit here and try and troll me with RL????[/OOC]

If you think there's any 'butthurt' over this way, you're gravely mistaken. I've come to peace with the fact that I made an erroneous judgment in attempting to reconnect with the Entente in Egore's absence. You're actions since we got the Algae dissolved prove every ounce of it.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295459194' post='2584047']
Perhaps there are courses of action you can take to improve the chances of fulfilling your dreams, and I implore you to study and consider these chances with great wisdom and zeal.[/quote]
My "courses of action" will one day lead to the Entente's utter destruction.

Unless someone beats me to it. :ph34r:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295459550' post='2584055']
[OOC]Seriously - your going to sit here and try and troll me with RL????[/OOC]
[/quote]I don't know what you're talking about. [ooc] seriously?? tip: how you play this game is how you play this game, and that's not RL, baby, the stuff that's going on outside of the internet is - all I know about you stems from these forums, your posts, and your activities regarding being a part of the entente, leading and quitting it more than once, and reconnecting with the entente, and that's game, not RL, and I think you'd be well off explaining me what you regard as "RL" if you intend to start finally making sense[/ooc]

I think it's legitimate to discuss differences of opinions and perceptions, in an attempt to reach an even greater understanding of the world. [ooc]I certainly don't consider that to be trolling[/ooc]

[quote]If you think there's any 'butthurt' over this way, you're gravely mistaken. I've come to peace with the fact that I made an erroneous judgment in attempting to reconnect with the Entente in Egore's absence. You're actions since we got the Algae dissolved prove every ounce of it.
[/quote]
I don't think so. Your interpretation of matters is consistent only with people who have been denied promotions, or whose egos have otherwise been suffering from the impression that they have been attacked. I've been there, and it made me stronger. You, well, it's just the fact that your behavioral patterns are consistent with sour grapes, that makes me think you're butthurt. Nothing else.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1295459884' post='2584059']
My "courses of action" will one day lead to the Entente's utter destruction.

Unless someone beats me to it. :ph34r:
[/quote]
Ah, but I'm [i]on to you[/i] now. Let's see how well you course.

Edited by Solaris

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295460768' post='2584069']
I don't think so. Your interpretation of matters is consistent only with people who have been denied promotions, or whose egos have otherwise been suffering from the impression that they have been attacked. I've been there, and it made me stronger. You, well, it's just the fact that your behavioral patterns are consistent with sour grapes, that makes me think you're butthurt. Nothing else.
[/quote]

Of course. Cause, that's why everyone of your members who left had done so. Right? Is that not what you consistently argued? Those who founded POT, those of us who founded Symphony. Even Lost - all because we're all upset about being passed over for promotions.

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the degradation of your ability to consider anyone outside of yourself. Such as your friends your treading over to carry forth this war. Some of us just saw it sooner than others.

[quote name='President Kuse' timestamp='1295461481' post='2584075']
What is Symphony....oh yeah those guys who abandoned VE.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]As someone who used to have an iota of respect for VE, back when it was lead by decent individuals who didn't trample over their principles, I don't think anyone can blame them for leaving. You're a hollow shell of what you used to be.[/color]

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295461135' post='2584073']
Of course. Cause, that's why everyone of your members who left had done so. Right?[/quote] One of these days you should stop putting words in my mouth.

[quote]Is that not what you consistently argued?[/quote] No. Pay more attention. Seems like your communicational skillset's greatest potential for development would be the skill of listening.

[quote] Those who founded POT, those of us who founded Symphony. Even Lost - all because we're all upset about being passed over for promotions.[/quote]Either that, or they could not have their way, and instead of trying to make a difference, fled. Some people even stooped so low as to actively undermine the Entente. Of course one's ego can perceive threat from personal communications as well, and personal disagreements sometimes play a part in decisions to leave. If someone gets called nasty names for being a wuss, and leaves because of that, it's not unthinkable that they'd have similar opinions with those who didn't get the promotions they oh, so, deserved.

[quote]It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the degradation of your ability to consider anyone outside of yourself. Such as your friends your treading over to carry forth this war. Some of us just saw it sooner than others.
[/quote]Your friends aren't my friends. I'm sorry if my interests and views in regards to foreign affairs and policy conflict with yours, but I wouldn't consider evolution and progress degradation. The Entente is doing pretty fine.

But maybe hadrian will kill us all. He [s]said[/s] implied strongly, that he would. D:

[ooc]P.S. why did you quote my answer to hadrian when you accused me of trolling you with RL? [/ooc]

Edited by Solaris

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295462258' post='2584084']
One of these days you should stop putting words in my mouth.
[/quote]
Not my words - that's what [b]you[/b] raved up and down my queries when I tried making you aware of such people having problems and being afraid to speak to you guys direct. That's what [b]you[/b] said when they all departed.

[quote] No. Pay more attention. Seems like your communicational skillset's greatest potential for development would be the skill of listening.[/quote]
My b. Repetition of the same thing =/= consistency.

I think most are already aware consistency isn't generally a strong point for Viridia, so I'll digress on that one.

[quote]Either that, or they could not have their way, and instead of trying to make a difference, fled. Some people even stooped so low as to actively undermine the Entente. Of course one's ego can perceive threat from personal communications as well, and personal disagreements sometimes play a part in decisions to leave. If someone gets called nasty names for being a wuss, and leaves because of that, it's not unthinkable that they'd have similar opinions with those who didn't get the promotions they oh, so, deserved.[/quote]

:lol1:
Undermined the Entente? The only undermining of the Entente that took place is in her government destroying what credibility still remained. And her government still continues to do so.

I don't even know how to respond to that one ..... Someone gets called a name, so they leave baww'in about not getting promoted?? :blink:

[quote]Your friends aren't my friends. I'm sorry if my interests and views in regards to foreign affairs and policy conflict with yours, but I wouldn't consider evolution and progress degradation. The Entente is doing pretty fine.[/quote]

SF aren't my friends.

[quote]But maybe hadrian will kill us all. He [s]said[/s] implied strongly, that he would. D:

[ooc]P.S. why did you quote my answer to hadrian when you accused me of trolling you with RL? [/ooc]
[/quote]

Perhaps he will ... Maybe Blackstone has more cheesy screenies for Seth.

Edited by Rayvon

I wonder what the "good old days" of the VE that our detractors constantly refer to really are. Were they the period of time near our formation when we had no military ties to anybody? A fantasy period that couldn't last, and in fact would have ended in destruction if we had not progressed to military ties. Ok then, the period we were members of WUT? Admittedly the lessons we learned as part of the bloc were invaluable, but I remember the time we were forcibly prohibited from engaging a target we knew to be a threat to us and had in fact provoked us with a legitimate CB, /b/. Then we had to sit and watch the world be shocked when they broke their supposed neutrality and attacked us during GW3 despite us trying to bury the hatchet. Or the period after we left WUT, when it was proven that we were afforded no leniency despite just wanting to be left alone. And are you really going to speak highly of the period when we were under the Algae Agreement and Dilrow Doctrine? Or when treaty obligations forced us to be party to wars that we wanted no part in, like spying GPA's nukes or attacking MK in WotC? Yes, at the time we were no fans of MK, but we weren't exactly fond of how the war broke out. That's a large chunk of our history there. Unless the "good old days" were relatively recent, I don't know what to tell you.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295462258' post='2584084']
But maybe hadrian will kill us all. He [s]said[/s] implied strongly, that he would. D:[/quote]
Damn right. By the time I'm done with you, NPO's old reign will be considered a jolly skip along a prairie.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295463437' post='2584095']
Not my words - that's what [b]you[/b] raved up and down my queries when I tried making you aware of such people having problems and being afraid to speak to you guys direct. That's what [b]you[/b] said when they all departed.[/quote]If someone is afraid to speak to me directly, he doesn't deserve my attention. I don't bite. I always do my best to help a fellow viridian. You could've told that to your fellow viridians, instead of trying to be a glorious messenger and savior of the people. Apparently you're not very well cut for it.

[quote]

:lol1:
Undermined the Entente? The only undermining of the Entente that took place is in her government destroying what credibility still remained. And her government still continues to do so.
[/quote] You seem to think to have perfect knowledge of the situation just because you feel you're right. Guess what. You're wrong.

[quote]I don't even know how to respond to that one ..... Someone gets called a name, so they leave baww'in about not getting promoted?? :blink:[/quote]No. They leave bawwing "oh it's not like it's used to be" "aaaah, we're doing thing wrooooong" "oooh, we're being opressed" "awwww, goverment is evil" "gaaaaahhh, goood ol' boooys club.." ridiculous. Or, as the popular form goes, ridiculas.

Hardly anyone leaves bawing about not getting promoted, unless they feel so strongly their claims being legitimate, that they cannot fathom others not agreeing with them. People often cite reasons that protect the ego.

You of all people should know that people who leave because of a perceived attack against one's ego, one does not cite the real reasons for their displeasure (which is themselves), and instead blame others. No-one is responsible for your happiness and well being as much as yourself, but it's a really nifty defence mechanism to shift blame onto others. [edit: and not because I'm implying you have a frail ego, but because I think you have a lot of experience with listening to people who are disappointed]

[quote]
SF aren't my friends.
[/quote] That's pretty irrelevant, but thanks for the info. I happen to like quite a few of their member alliances, but there are some I don't know, and as such have no set opinion of. My active participation in foreign affairs didn't begin before my ascension to the throne.

[quote]Perhaps he will ... Maybe Blackstone has more cheesy screenies for Seth.
[/quote]
In your mind, would be display inconsistency worth a baw or few, if Seth told a cheesy blackstone to sod off?

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1295463753' post='2584098']
I wonder what the "good old days" of the VE that our detractors constantly refer to really are. Were they the period of time near our formation when we had no military ties to anybody? A fantasy period that couldn't last, and in fact would have ended in destruction if we had not progressed to military ties. Ok then, the period we were members of WUT? Admittedly the lessons we learned as part of the bloc were invaluable, but I remember the time we were forcibly prohibited from engaging a target we knew to be a threat to us and had in fact provoked us with a legitimate CB, /b/. Then we had to sit and watch the world be shocked when they broke their supposed neutrality and attacked us during GW3 despite us trying to bury the hatchet. Or the period after we left WUT, when it was proven that we were afforded no leniency despite just wanting to be left alone. And are you really going to speak highly of the period when we were under the Algae Agreement and Dilrow Doctrine? Or when treaty obligations forced us to be party to wars that we wanted no part in, like spying GPA's nukes or attacking MK in WotC? Yes, at the time we were no fans of MK, but we weren't exactly fond of how the war broke out. That's a large chunk of our history there. Unless the "good old days" were relatively recent, I don't know what to tell you.
[/quote]There were never any good old days, they are today, they are tomorrow, it's just a stupid thing they say, cursing tomorrow in sorrow, hey!

Edited by Solaris

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295465283' post='2584120']
If someone is afraid to speak to me directly, he doesn't deserve my attention. I don't bite. I always do my best to help a fellow viridian. You could've told that to your fellow viridians, instead of trying to be a glorious messenger and savior of the people. Apparently you're not very well cut for it.[/quote]
As I recall I did, and as I recall you even admitted some of them did speak to you. And then in the next breath you continued on to say that it amounts to nothing more than butthurt over being passed over. Your members deserve far better than that - even if they don't feel you approachable.

[quote]You seem to think to have perfect knowledge of the situation just because you feel you're right. Guess what. You're wrong.[/quote]
Hm. I dunno. Looking around at what a lot of people have to say about you, I wouldn't say I'm too far off the marker.

[quote]No. They leave bawwing "oh it's not like it's used to be" "aaaah, we're doing thing wrooooong" "oooh, we're being opressed" "awwww, goverment is evil" "gaaaaahhh, goood ol' boooys club.." ridiculous. Or, as the popular form goes, ridiculas.

Hardly anyone leaves bawing about not getting promoted, unless they feel so strongly their claims being legitimate, that they cannot fathom others not agreeing with them. People often cite reasons that protect the ego.[/quote]
Another tune change. Again with the inconsistencies. Either it is or it isn't because they've been passed over.

[quote]You of all people should know that people who leave because of a perceived attack against one's ego, one does not cite the real reasons for their displeasure (which is themselves), and instead blame others. No-one is responsible for your happiness and well being as much as yourself, but it's a really nifty defence mechanism to shift blame onto others. [edit: and not because I'm implying you have a frail ego, but because I think you have a lot of experience with listening to people who are disappointed][/quote]
Anyone who has ever left an alliance under my membership was comfortable enough to leave citing their true reasons. They didn't have a fear of being honest nor require a defense mechanism.

[quote]In your mind, would be display inconsistency worth a baw or few, if Seth told a cheesy blackstone to sod off?[/quote]
In my mind, I can't understand the sentence you're attempting to speak. :blink:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295466880' post='2584129']
As I recall I did, and as I recall you even admitted some of them did speak to you. And then in the next breath you continued on to say that it amounts to nothing more than butthurt over being passed over. Your members deserve far better than that - even if they don't feel you approachable.
[/quote]The ones I spoke with didn't produce results other than that.

[quote]Hm. I dunno. Looking around at what a lot of people have to say about you, I wouldn't say I'm too far off the marker.[/quote] Wussies can't stand honest critique.

[quote]Another tune change. Again with the inconsistencies. Either it is or it isn't because they've been passed over.[/quote] We're not communicating efficiently. A more in-depth explanation means I'm changing a tone because you're failing to wrap your head around simple behavioral understanding.

[quote]Anyone who has ever left an alliance under my membership was comfortable enough to leave citing their true reasons. They didn't have a fear of being honest nor require a defense mechanism.[/quote]nobody fears a weak government you lead, but the feeble might be intimidated by a strong one I lead.

[quote]In my mind, I can't understand the sentence you're attempting to speak. :blink:
[/quote]I'm starting to think in finnish again, so I'll have to continue my presense in this language culture after these messages.

Everything must die.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1295466989' post='2584132']
I seem to be asking myself the same question a lot lately.

Is this a joke?
[/quote]What is this?

Edited by Solaris

...Really? :huh:

How can you even say that "Polaris" as a whole sanctioned this "spy coaching" with a straight face? It's pretty clear with those logs that there was no information accepted by Polaris government, or anything relatively close. Should have approached this privately and dealt with it on an inter-alliance manner. Perhaps some disciplinary action against Dajobo. There's no reason for a full scale war here. This is idiocy at its finest.

Seriously, how cowardly can you get? If you want a war just say "We don't like you" and be done with it. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295461135' post='2584073']
Of course. Cause, that's why everyone of your members who left had done so. Right? Is that not what you consistently argued? Those who founded POT, those of us who founded Symphony. Even Lost - all because we're all upset about being passed over for promotions.
[/quote]
Wait, by Lost do you mean Aguacenta? They're saying HE left because he was pissed off about not getting promoted?

A greater mischaracterization is difficult to imagine.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1295468158' post='2584146']
Wait, by Lost do you mean Aguacenta? They're saying HE left because he was pissed off about not getting promoted?

A greater mischaracterization is difficult to imagine.
[/quote]

He is a founding member of Symphony.

I'd say a great mischaracterization of that entire group.

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1295467888' post='2584141']
...Really? :huh:

How can you even say that "Polaris" as a whole sanctioned this "spy coaching" with a straight face? It's pretty clear with those logs that there was no information accepted by Polaris government, or anything relatively close. Should have approached this privately and dealt with it on an inter-alliance manner. Perhaps some disciplinary action against Dajobo. There's no reason for a full scale war here. This is idiocy at its finest.

Seriously, how cowardly can you get? If you want a war just say "We don't like you" and be done with it. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
If we had done that, then we'd be criticized for making war for war's sake. You can't please all the people all the time.