Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ruler of LZR' timestamp='1295500745' post='2585099']
Funny how I could give you the same exact information about World Federation a month ago yet you still choose to do nothing.... Have fun I guess
[/quote]Those who have a tendency to lie to you will get a different treatment than those who have the tendency to support and cooperate with you. How is that.... worth a string of dots?

Spying is bad mkay?

Viridia only disbanded to keep its members from extinguishment for no good reason, tyranny at its worst.

Who was involved?

The Orders themselves.

You wanna go back to good CB's? Back during the days of WUT you needed none. Don't cry now that you don't have big brother holding your hand anymore. Fend for yourself and man up for your mistakes. Hail Viridia!

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295501026' post='2585123']
Those who have a tendency to lie to you will get a different treatment than those who have the tendency to support and cooperate with you. How is that.... worth a string of dots?
[/quote]

You tell yourself whatever you have to so you feel comfortable. If you think that Polar is the only alliance lying/spying on you, go right ahead. It isn't my alliance I could care less.

[quote name='Ruler of LZR' timestamp='1295501469' post='2585187']
You tell yourself whatever you have to so you feel comfortable. If you think that Polar is the only alliance lying/spying on you, go right ahead. It isn't my alliance I could care less.
[/quote]I was talking about people who I have caught lying to me personally. I claim no perfect knowledge of everything, for the only thing that can take into account everything, is everything. I'm just a bunch of cells organized in highly stylish manner, and I am aware of the human tendency for dishonest thinking. You'll have to take into account everything you know about an entity when you're judging it, otherwise you're being needlessly inaccurate with your judgement. You don't make apple juice out of oranges.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295502004' post='2585249']
I was talking about people who I have caught lying to me personally. I claim no perfect knowledge of everything, for the only thing that can take into account everything, is everything. I'm just a bunch of cells organized in highly stylish manner, and I am aware of the human tendency for dishonest thinking. You'll have to take into account everything you know about an entity when you're judging it, otherwise you're being needlessly inaccurate with your judgement. You don't make apple juice out of oranges.
[/quote]

All I'm saying is that information has been openly available along the same lines of why you see fit to declare this war. For whatever reason you guys see this bit more enticing?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1295315107' post='2579177']

[B][COLOR=darkGreen][SIZE=5]Declaration of War[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

There are certain things that are universally accepted as transgressions that warrant war. Chief among them perhaps, at least historically, are matters of espionage. When a party endeavors to facilitate, aid, or direct the mining of private information belonging to another alliance, action must be taken. The question then is against whom, and it is our belief that the actions of an alliance's government must be imputed upon the alliance itself, rather than the individual, and this is even truer when the aid is rendered by an official of high standing.
[I]Signed for the Viridian Entente[/I],

[I]Impero[/I], Lord of the Entente
[I]Solaris[/I], Duke of the Entente
[I]Goldie[/I], Secretary of Defense
[I]Cards[/I], Secretary of the Interior
[u][b][I]Sethb[/I], Secretary of State[/b][/u]
[I]Bob Janova[/I], Secretary of Economics
[/quote]

Oh my god, comedy gold.

Edited by Gamemaster1

I don't know why you would choose this as your war declaration reason, when a few months back, a handful of alliances (NpO included) hand delivered a valid reason for war right to PB's door. Was plotting and colluding to take down GOONS through any number of means not a valid reason for war, but this is?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1295477301' post='2584373']
Tell us more about alliances that you think should have stayed dead.
[/quote]
You want my opinion, or fact?

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1295481868' post='2584479']
Why is it a bad idea? Give us some concrete reasons why it's never a good idea for an alliance to reform.

Heck, here are the relevant dates if it helps your argument -

VE founded June 12, 2006

VE disbanded May 25, 2007

VE reforms September 17, 2007

January 2011 - Over three years since reformation.
[/quote]
If an alliance dies, it's for a reason. Recycling an old idea doesn't make it any better than it was when it died. Same in the case of VE. It's still a rubbish alliance, it's only still standing because someone, somewhere, had mercy on y'all.

Who was that someone? Oh yeah, that's right, NpO.

[quote name='King Srqt' timestamp='1295483946' post='2584554']
This whole paragraph is your opinion and nothing else (though I am sure you are not the only VE hater that has them). They have been quite successful as a revival and it is quite apparent that the community of the alliance survived despite the disbandment meaning they were much more than a "dead husk" when they reformed.

To say that they play awfully at politics is just asinine, and pointing to his war as evidence is even more idiotic. They are in a place of political power have some of the most solid ties to the two most powerful blocs in the world and are currently waging a successful war which at most annoyed one ally.

You certainly have an entertaining outlook on VE but, as with many entertaining things, it is purely fictional.
[/quote]
To your first comment, see above.

To your second, I point once more to this incident. The entente has shown a complete lack of self-confidence, or even free will, as they have deliberately created a situation whereby they obtain a "solid" CB in order to give them an excuse to go to war. Seriously, if you don't like someone, don't wait for a reason to attack, gather your warriors and[b] just do it[/b].

Your third. They do play awfully at politics, and this war is in fact, a perfect example. Diplomatic action on Impero's behalf was virtually zero. Everyone can tell he went straight for the sword rather than the pen, just look at the number of Polar nations in anarchy for Admin's sake. And brandishing the "yoo spaid on uz!!!11one" card around won't help your case, seeing as Lennox acted independently.

A successful war? We'll see.

Edited by Hadrian

[quote name='Creeping Death' timestamp='1295501113' post='2585127']
Spying is bad mkay?

Viridia only disbanded to keep its members from extinguishment for no good reason, tyranny at its worst.

Who was involved?

The Orders themselves.[/quote]
Quite the contrary. Spying is a valid strategic tool that can provide intelligence for numerous purposes.

Viridia disbanded because it was annihilated to the edge of extinction after refusing to move from the Green sphere, possibly the only action I've seen worthy of respect in the Entente's entire history. Unfortunately, it still got them nowhere good.

Polaris played little to no part in Viridicide. :blink:

[quote]You wanna go back to good CB's? Back during the days of WUT you needed none. Don't cry now that you don't have big brother holding your hand anymore. Fend for yourself and man up for your mistakes. Hail Viridia!
[/quote]
You need to take more history lessons.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1295532254' post='2586262']
Quite the contrary. Spying is a valid strategic tool that can provide intelligence for numerous purposes.
[/quote]
Yeah, but it's pretty risky. It's a valid CB if you get caught.

@Rayvon, Haflinger, Solaris and Others

I find it funny that my motivations for leaving should come up in public. Especially because I've in large part kept them to myself and I'd appreciate it if the lot of you would cease speculating on what I've done and why I've done it. I'm sure that you can come up with many reasons why it "seems" I left, but my reasons are my own, and attempting to speculate about them will certainly be fruitless, Especially when you consider that the events that you are still bickering back and forth over happened nearly a year ago and is becoming increasingly irrelevant to anything. So if you would kindly cease bringing up what you may think my intentions and motivations may have been, I'd be much obliged.

Regards,
lost

[quote name='Aguacenta' timestamp='1295539606' post='2586450']
@Rayvon, Haflinger, Solaris and Others

I find it funny that my motivations for leaving should come up in public. Especially because I've in large part kept them to myself and I'd appreciate it if the lot of you would cease speculating on what I've done and why I've done it. I'm sure that you can come up with many reasons why it "seems" I left, but my reasons are my own, and attempting to speculate about them will certainly be fruitless, Especially when you consider that the events that you are still bickering back and forth over happened nearly a year ago and is becoming increasingly irrelevant to anything. So if you would kindly cease bringing up what you may think my intentions and motivations may have been, I'd be much obliged.

Regards,
lost
[/quote]Fine by me. As long as your name/case is not used against me, I will refrain from speculating.

Edited by Solaris

[quote name='Creeping Death' timestamp='1295501113' post='2585127']
You wanna go back to good CB's? Back during the days of WUT you needed none. Don't cry now that you don't have big brother holding your hand anymore. Fend for yourself and man up for your mistakes. Hail Viridia!
[/quote]
I remember the days of WUT quite clearly, and for about 90% of the time a valid casus belli was needed. It was only until the dying days of WUT that one was not needed. I do find it funny though, that you consider Viridia "big brother". I have never known of someone to be rightly called big brother while leaching onto the coat tails of others and failing to make a way of their own.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295499624' post='2585016']
That's what Ray seems to be suggesting.

I thought lost left because he wasn't respected enough for his fancies, in addition to listening to people whine about evil government, but I never spoke with that lot.

There is no honor in making mistakes, but the greatest dishonor, is not to learn from them. There's no honor in NAACs weakness and inability to live, son, nor there's any honor in our disbandment, but there's honor in learning from our mistakes, the evolution of our decision making processes, the reform, and all the progress. There are nations that Viridia considers her core member states, regardless of circumstances, or the ruling body's ability to fulfill it's duties. I'll get over ourselves when the world ends, and everyone is dead.
[/quote]

Okay I lol'd.

When your done trying to feed people crap I'll hand you a beer good sir.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295499624' post='2585016']
That's what Ray seems to be suggesting.

I thought lost left because he wasn't respected enough for his fancies, in addition to listening to people whine about evil government, but I never spoke with that lot.

There is no honor in making mistakes, but the greatest dishonor, is not to learn from them. There's no honor in NAACs weakness and inability to live, son, nor there's any honor in our disbandment, but there's honor in learning from our mistakes, the evolution of our decision making processes, the reform, and all the progress. There are nations that Viridia considers her core member states, regardless of circumstances, or the ruling body's ability to fulfill it's duties. I'll get over ourselves when the world ends, and everyone is dead.
[/quote]

Actually, I respect your response. I don't completely agree with your point about NAAC but good luck on the battlefield.

Kid. :P

Edited by Henry Rollins

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1295467888' post='2584141']
...Really? :huh:

How can you even say that "Polaris" as a whole sanctioned this "spy coaching" with a straight face? It's pretty clear with those logs that there was no information accepted by Polaris government, or anything relatively close. Should have approached this privately and dealt with it on an inter-alliance manner. Perhaps some disciplinary action against Dajobo. There's no reason for a full scale war here. This is idiocy at its finest.

Seriously, how cowardly can you get? If you want a war just say "We don't like you" and be done with it. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
....it's like living in a different universe. NpO didn't spy, NPO wasn't that bad, VE is an empty shell. When I tune in tomorrow will I see arguments in favor of fallout shelters?

Talk it off NpO (&NSO&NPO), talk it off. Good luck with your rebuilding when this is all over. Keep in mind though, that the more you flame VE the less willing VE members will be to give you lenient terms. Just some advice.

[quote name='NewPoseidon' timestamp='1295556690' post='2587085']
....it's like living in a different universe. NpO didn't spy, NPO wasn't that bad, VE is an empty shell. When I tune in tomorrow will I see arguments in favor of fallout shelters?

Talk it off NpO (&NSO&NPO), talk it off. Good luck with your rebuilding when this is all over. Keep in mind though, that the more you flame VE the less willing VE members will be to give you lenient terms. Just some advice.
[/quote]

Oh we already know what to expect from them in terms of a wars end ... We've all had our first hand accounts. It doesn't matter how much sugar and spice we blow up Impero's ass - the outcome is going to be same. His ego must be stroked.

[/quote]
You should probably start working on that one, after all 15% of your alliance do own Fallout Shelters. :smug:

[/quote]
:rolleyes:

Actually, I'm an uninvolved observer here, not fighting any war thankfully. I'm just lucky enough to have the brainpower to think for myself and see that the load of crap you're feeding everyone is a complete and utter farce, and hypocritical to boot. :smug: