Just wondering something

Tarikmo

[quote name='Tarikmo' timestamp='1294590444' post='2569766']
I'll one up you here, I've used not accept and who not in regular conversations. Needless to say many people were confused.
[/quote]
Haha, for some reason my RL friends think the sarcastic "this will end well" is hilarious.

-Bama

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1294590552' post='2569768']
Haha, for some reason my RL friends think the sarcastic "this will end well" is hilarious.

-Bama
[/quote]
I find that variations of certain CN phrases actually have purpose in CN. I've never used that one though, gotta try it sometime

I have used Sponge's "No that's dumb go away"

Edited by Tarikmo

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1294527501' post='2568943']
I go to a smaller university and I can name 2 other players... one of which is actually allied to me and the other I formed an alliance with, granted I've never met them IRL...
[/quote]

I know there's bound to be someone who plays CN here, but I have yet to meet anyone on CN who goes to university in Southern California.

-Bama
[/quote]

Ya know, I get the same reaction. Lol.

I've found myself having to stop. think. then speak. to refrain from using CN lingo in RL conversations. Another I find myself saying a lot is "no u".

I've also seen a lot licence plates, etc. The one I see the most is on my way to work, POLARIS, some ATV place in Nashville, TN.

[/quote]

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1294599302' post='2569883']
I've wanted to say 'Not accept' in conversations before, but I always stop myself.
[/quote]

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1294639258' post='2570827']
I use what I learn from CN all the time. When someone complains about something I do that I don't care about I just reply "So do something about it." :awesome:
[/quote]

[quote name='Tarikmo' timestamp='1294590698' post='2569769']
I have used Sponge's "No that's dumb go away"
[/quote]

Haha, thats awesome, will have to use those some time. I know I have used "lines being drawn" in regards to a coworker quitting before. Also once blurted out "Did you Polar really too stupid to read?"

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1294630031' post='2570656']
I'm pretty much a walking thesaurus for weapons/armors/etc.
[/quote]

Suppose everyone's gotta find one thing in life they're actually good for.

I used to spend many friday evenings sitting at the pub talking cn politics (amongst our slew of other topics before getting drunk and essentially turning our table - always several tables by the time we left - into more or less a spam forum game) with one of my friends who had actually gotten me involved in CN (one of my poker buddies) .. He was Legion, I was OASIS - then we both went VE .. Ardus' wedding gift to him was our disbandment (yes, the exact day of his wedding lol) .. I think since he quit, I'm now the only known-person in my city playing. Next closest person I know is Ecthelion up the highway about 25 minutes - tho we've not met.

Other than that, same as everyone else - billboards, license plates .. The occasional urge to drop memes ..

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1294676846' post='2571096']
Suppose everyone's gotta find one thing in life they're actually good for.

I used to spend many friday evenings sitting at the pub talking cn politics (amongst our slew of other topics before getting drunk and essentially turning our table - always several tables by the time we left - into more or less a spam forum game) with one of my friends who had actually gotten me involved in CN (one of my poker buddies) .. He was Legion, I was OASIS - then we both went VE .. Ardus' wedding gift to him was our disbandment (yes, the exact day of his wedding lol) .. I think since he quit, I'm now the only known-person in my city playing. Next closest person I know is Ecthelion up the highway about 25 minutes - tho we've not met.

Other than that, same as everyone else - billboards, license plates .. The occasional urge to drop memes ..
[/quote]

I can't tell if today is a manic day or a depressed day for you, but I'd hope you avoid the drinking at the pubs these days.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1294677157' post='2571099']
I can't tell if today is a manic day or a depressed day for you, but I'd hope you avoid the drinking at the pubs these days.
[/quote]
Am I imagining things, or did it just get really !@#$%baggy in here?

Edited by WorldConqueror

in a few of of my last history classes, on exams my teacher always puts an essay question at the end about whatever the main topic of the section was. I have taken I think now 9 of this style exams, and have made reference to CN on at least 4 of them. and the times I have referenced it I have always gotten at least 18 of the 20 possible points for the question.

also has helped me out in the past about various terminology on quizzes (mainly types of treaties)

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1294629710' post='2570654']
Well, CN has allowed me to identify the ANZUS treaty as a non-chaining MDoAP bloc :awesome:

My teacher looked at me funny when I said that XD
[/quote]
Heh, I find myself reading things about real world politics and thinking of the treaties in CN terms. Most international treaties that don't relate to things that don't exist in CN at all (for example the Kyoto Protocol and other environmental treaties, or the Geneva Conventions and the like) can be mapped fairly easily to one of the ones we use all the time.

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1294639258' post='2570827']
I use what I learn from CN all the time. When someone complains about something I do that I don't care about I just reply "So do something about it." :awesome:
[/quote]
NOU

Thats about all ive learned from CN

Besides the occasional meme drop (I use "Did you x really too stupid to y" with some frequency, and I've been known to say "not accept" or variants), I'm always dangerously close to accidentally answering questions about the Production Possibility Frontier in my micro classes with some reference to the PPF.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1294694468' post='2571323']
CN helped me in class to explain how treaties work and what they are and how surrender terms are evil. That was a good day [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I can only imagine how that ended. Probably well. :v:

Well there was this CNBC report on the Economy of the Pacific region going south and the economist they had on the panel said something to the tuen of "Well it is karma in a way" and i was not paying attention and all i heard was the that the pacific was in trouble and it was Karma that was reposible, and i was like :doubletake: whatdidijusthearsayitaintso!!! We made the news yay!

Then when i paid attention i was like .. aww.. and then i was looking to see if others noticed my reaction.

Edit: this was around the mid of the Karma war.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz