A Sad GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1293352230' post='2554266']
I knew this to be the case, but Haflinger kept spouting that line(this is not the first tim he's dragged it out) and I wanted to see if he would defend it when I could get evidence to prove his assertion false.
[/quote]
I'm not in the habit of revealing my sources. Sorry, but no.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1293337051' post='2554014']
And who IS among them, exactly?
[/quote]
I don't really have the authority or knowledge to answer for GOD as a whole, but if it would be my decision I could imagine us treatying Valhalla or TPF for example. Actually if I had to treaty either NPO or TOP, I'd go with NPO. At least with them you know whose side they are on once they declare.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1293369793' post='2554331']
You make a good point. Polaris is [i]much[/i] more reliable.
[/quote]

Don't forget that NPO has never, ever, decided to politically isolate one of it's former allies so that they could easily curbstomp them later. That's never happened, not once.

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1293370979' post='2554333']
Don't forget that NPO has never, ever, decided to politically isolate one of it's former allies so that they could easily curbstomp them later. That's never happened, not once.
[/quote]
Not even once or [i]twice.[/i]

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1293376162' post='2554367']
Hail GOD

Seems like they cut of crap pretty quick now, MK who are nothing but bullies and GOONs who disband so they don't pay reps, I think GOD did well here and should thank TOP for giving them the chance to drop such crap from their treaties.
[/quote]

And the infinite wisdom of Timeline shines through, :frogout:

I look forward to your alliance paying for your errors again. How did they reps go owed to GOONS btw?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1293306031' post='2553707']
Well I can only speak from the perspective of my interactions with people. So, yeah, kinda did.

Nevertheless, many true colors being shown in the last few days.
[/quote]

Then, for someone who was allied to us, you really don't know us...

[quote name='Leigon' timestamp='1293367826' post='2554324']
I don't really have the authority or knowledge to answer for GOD as a whole, but if it would be my decision I could imagine us treatying Valhalla or TPF for example. Actually if I had to treaty either NPO or TOP, I'd go with NPO. At least with them you know whose side they are on once they declare.
[/quote]

Lei... TPF, really? No way.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293363666' post='2554311']
I'm not in the habit of revealing my sources. Sorry, but no.
[/quote]
Haflinger, based on about 90% of what you generally claim to know that isn't common knowledge, you either enjoy making stuff up, have extremely unconnected sources, or get lied to frequently.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1293237720' post='2553114']
I will say that Superfriends leading the charge to keep the embargo on "ex-Hegemony" alliances is a surprise to me. I for some reason expected better of some of them.
[/quote]
I find it [i]incredibly[/i] funny that you didn't know this.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1293378715' post='2554386']

I look forward to your alliance paying for your errors again. How did they reps go owed to GOONS btw?
[/quote]

At least I paid them and did not run away from them (Goons disbanded when they lost in the unjust war, remember that), also my alliance did not pay my reps, sure they sent aid to speed up the repayment, how ever i then sent aid to those who paid goons.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1293378715' post='2554386']

[/quote]

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1293385865' post='2554433']
At least I paid them and did not run away from them (Goons disbanded when they lost in the unjust war, remember that), also my alliance did not pay my reps, sure they sent aid to speed up the repayment, how ever i then sent aid to those who paid goons.
[/quote]

Just wanted to confirm what TL said. We offered any FNKA all member full reps if they joined us. Most of them still on the AA had WRC's so it was worth it. When Timeline joined however, he wanted to pay his own reps, we had already lined up his payment though, so he turned around and added it to our aid programs.

I think all of that makes sense. :blush:

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293350837' post='2554261']
You're right, I am not able to understand that as well as Umbrella. You guys fully understand the difference. You are dictated to and you influence nothing.
[/quote]

Nice evade with that insult, but you still miss the point. When you sign treaties, at least in my alliance, we expect there to be some influence back and forth, but never dictation of what must be done going either way. If it got to that point, the relationship would be over. The United States must be a pretty sad little alliance if you allow other alliances to command your FA as you seem to believe is normal. That or you need to read that dictionary you were referring Trouble Terrible to.

[/quote]

They actually disbanded over half a year later* and probably would not have received surrender terms anyway. I doubt their disbandment was in order to evade reparations in the slightest but I hope you enjoy believing your fictional history of cn as much as I do reading about it.

*edit: was longer than half a year as Schatt pointed out

Edited by mrcalkin

[quote name='mrcalkin' timestamp='1293386445' post='2554440']
Nice evade with that insult, but you still miss the point. When you sign treaties, at least in my alliance, we expect there to be some influence back and forth, but never dictation of what must be done going either way. If it got to that point, the relationship would be over. The United States must be a pretty sad little alliance if you allow other alliances to command your FA as you seem to believe is normal. That or you need to read that dictionary you were referring Trouble Terrible to.
[/quote]
As a 3 month old protectorate, yes our FA is dictated and limited. Umbrella has had 3 years to build and forge its way here. Or were we supposed to form and immediately have a bloc, 8k+ average tech/infra, full WRCs, nukes, war chests, etc.???? If that's how Umbrella did it then please give everyone the easy button you guys used to magically be what you are today. Oh, right it took you guys 3 years it will most likely take us just as long.

Alliances will not command our FA. Our eventual treaty path will be clear. We will not whore ourselves out to every corner of the web to pick and choose the winning side. We won't abandon allies. Put it this way, if a NEW type situation developed down the road we would fight for our allies and not approve of them being rolled by 3 alliances. We would go to war and sort out the actions that led to war after peace has been secured.

Edited by Fernando12

Hail GOD

Seems like they cut of crap pretty quick now, MK who are nothing but bullies and GOONs who disband so they don't pay reps,
[/quote]
You are so cute, old GOONS were never even given the opportunity to pay reps.

Hail GOD

Seems like they cut of crap pretty quick now, MK who are nothing but bullies and GOONs who disband so they don't pay reps, I think GOD did well here and should thank TOP for giving them the chance to drop such crap from their treaties.
[/quote]

I was going to find a suitably witty way to point out that you have no idea what you're talking about and are a damn fool to boot... but I have no idea where to even start with this gem.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1293380873' post='2554401']
I heard you guys were looking to get your feet wet within the Invict-o-Sphere. :)
[/quote]

Guess I should get with the times, I was totally down with the Polar MADP :(

Edited by Aurion

[/quote]
GOONS did not disband until June 11, nine months after the UjW started. We had an active community and large sleeper and spy network, and we had a Black Senator until February. GOONS lasted longer that NTO, Atlantis, Azure Empire, Illuminati, ICON, and Crimson Sun Empire who were all in a state of war with GOONS, in a conflict that lasted longer than any other until FAN's resistance.

[quote name='Leigon' timestamp='1293367826' post='2554324']
[/quote]
NPO's side. Of course your answer isn't surprising, as it looks like an Orders-SF axis is forming.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1293379319' post='2554390']
Then, for someone who was allied to us, you really don't know us...
[/quote]
Given my interactions with you guys...I have reason to feel that way :)

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1293385356' post='2554429']
I find it [i]incredibly[/i] funny that you didn't know this.
[/quote]
I expected better of some SF members. Apparently I was mistaken. I learn and move on.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1293400107' post='2554657']
NPO's side. Of course your answer isn't surprising, as it looks like an Orders-SF axis is forming.

[/quote]

Wow, it really [i]is[/i] easy to lead people astray. I see why the VEto ordeal is still being believed even now.