A Sad GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='CptGodzilla' timestamp='1293509313' post='2555901']
funny, I hate TOP for almost the exact same reason. the [i]stupid[/i] actions during the war put GOD in an amazingly crap position.
[/quote]

Well, there in lies the difference between you and I.

I can get over grievous, verifiable mistakes that former allies and (supposed) friends made an age ago.

Whereas you, seemingly can't get over one or two small errors in judgement that have been apologised for and entirely imagined slights, which have no basis in fact or reality, that you feel were made by a mere passing acquaintance an age ago.

Gosh, it must be hard work keeping track of all that needless rage.

Poor you.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293431093' post='2555082']
Because the counterargument is that IRON attacked C&G because it was a terrific strategic move that won the war.

Oh wait.
[/quote]
Read the below quote

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1293432270' post='2555094']
You have people from RnR, IRON, and TOP members that planned the war, all of whom are saying that the reason was strategic, none of whom have a reason to lie. Yet for some reason you believe that your sources retarded opinion is the correct one?
[/quote]
Now read it again slowly.
Has it sunk in yet?

I cant believe this thread is still going.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1293519443' post='2556047']
In consideration of Crymson's fairly impressive statement of remorse, I'll suggest you ask him or someone else involved rather than plastering the issue all over the OWF for the umpteen millionth time.
[/quote]
Crymson's statement has to do with a lot more than just Karma. And regardless of that the statement I was quoting was a huge exaggeration, and my statement was a way of calling it out as such. It's very relevant and worthy of discussion because GOD is using it as their primary justification for hating TOP. If you have a problem with that, you should take issue with GOD for using it to justify their grudge.

There's no doubt that TOP made some mistakes but they are nothing close to bad enough to justify GOD wanting to blacklist them even today over it.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Some-Guy' timestamp='1293563695' post='2556365']
Well, there in lies the difference between you and I.

I can get over grievous, verifiable mistakes that former allies and (supposed) friends made an age ago.

Whereas you, seemingly can't get over one or two small errors in judgement that have been apologised for and entirely imagined slights, which have no basis in fact or reality, that you feel were made by a mere passing acquaintance an age ago.

Gosh, it must be hard work keeping track of all that needless rage.

Poor you.
[/quote]

When I served with zilla in MA I remember him to be a very intelligent person, albeit zealous I dont think its hard work for him at all. having been allied to TOP via citadel alliances there was a lot of good about TOP, things to admire and even aspire too but the bad was, at times, ugly. I can completely understand why someone would remember it and hold a grudge. It should be the endevor of every ruler to find ways to inspire him or herself to continue on and slog through the meyer. B-)

Edited by Thorgrum

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1293400107' post='2554657']
NPO's side. Of course your answer isn't surprising, as it looks like an Orders-SF axis is forming.
[/quote]
And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling bigwoody! Cheese it, woody's got it all figured out! :frantic:

Because, you know, we certainly have a soft spot for SF after being allied with half of them, and then having half of them turn around and directly attack us in Karma. Good times, good times.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293431093' post='2555082']
Because the counterargument is that IRON attacked C&G because it was a terrific strategic move that won the war.

Oh wait.
[/quote]
Your idea of what our idea was is just alot more terrific :), thats the point I suspect some people are trying to make Haf.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1293585912' post='2556756']
I believe that was CptGodzilla you were talking to, not GOD.
[/quote]
He's in GOD, his AA here isn't up to date. And his AA wouldn't invalidate my point about GOD's position on this issue even if he wasn't in GOD, as his position is consistent with their position, and GOD hasn't refrained from arguing it in this thread.

Edit: What this amounts to is when someone starts making accusations, they need to be able to back it up and I'm not one to let them off the hook, especially if it's about a friend of mine.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1293519443' post='2556047']
In consideration of Crymson's fairly impressive statement of remorse, I'll suggest you ask him or someone else involved rather than plastering the issue all over the OWF for the umpteen millionth time.
[/quote]

Some people are waaaaaay too easy to impress.

[quote name='Leigon' timestamp='1293367826' post='2554324']
I don't really have the authority or knowledge to answer for GOD as a whole, but if it would be my decision I could imagine us treatying Valhalla or TPF for example. Actually if I had to treaty either NPO or TOP, I'd go with NPO. At least with them you know whose side they are on once they declare.
[/quote]
[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1293379793' post='2554396']
Lei... TPF, really? No way.
[/quote]

These are not the Residents of Stockholm you are looking for (/jedimindtrick)

:P

Poor Analogy Leigon.. better leave it to Aurion and NoFish :)

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1293587960' post='2556781']
And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling bigwoody! Cheese it, woody's got it all figured out! :frantic:

Because, you know, we certainly have a soft spot for SF after being allied with half of them, and then having half of them turn around and directly attack us in Karma. Good times, good times.
[/quote]
And you'll make compromises to get back into power.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1293612237' post='2557180']
And you'll make compromises to get back into power.
[/quote]

Woody knows all about being a good ally. He's never cancelled on one mid-war, and left them out to dry when there might've been actually been a war TORN would've lost.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1293587960' post='2556781']

[/quote]

RED TORNADO o/

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1293612600' post='2557186']
Woody knows all about being a good ally. He's never cancelled on one mid-war, and left them out to dry when there might've been actually been a war TORN would've lost.
[/quote]
Wait a minute, you're now claiming the architect of the Coalition of Cowards has always been a good ally?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293643918' post='2557416']
Wait a minute, you're now claiming the architect of the Coalition of Cowards has always been a good ally?
[/quote]
Definition of SARCASM
1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293643918' post='2557416']
[/quote]
Really now Haf rewritting history again. Ill stand up for TORN they are a solid bunch and Im glad to be allied to them and I would take them to battle any day if for nothing else they wont be whining to peace out after 2 days much less require massive aid bombs to their members because they are ill prepared for conflict like some of our FORMER allies are.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1293645310' post='2557445']
Really now Haf rewritting history again. Ill stand up for TORN they are a solid bunch and Im glad to be allied to them and I would take them to battle any day if for nothing else they wont be whining to peace out after 2 days much less require massive aid bombs to their members because they are ill prepared for conflict like some of our FORMER allies are.
[/quote]

Do you recall who stayed with you guys till the end in BiPolar? Oh yea, one of them was us.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1293511935' post='2555955']
What position did they put GOD in, exactly?

[/quote]

I'm honestly not sure if you are kidding or not with this. If not just look at the Echelon gets white peace from TOP/TSO thread from the Karma war.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1293646562' post='2557462']
I'm honestly not sure if you are kidding or not with this. If not just look at the Echelon gets white peace from TOP/TSO thread from the Karma war.
[/quote]

You mean when GOD & co. put together a bunch of retarded surrender terms for Echelon without even asking TOP for input? It's almost as if... GOD was expecting them to just go along with their agenda, no questions asked. But... that's so unlike them.... I'm absolutely [i]shocked[/i].

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1293645310' post='2557445']
[/quote]
Umm...I seem to recall Val being the one getting massive aid bombs after Karma; Haf was probably one of the ones to send you aid. :unsure:

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1293647641' post='2557476']
You mean when GOD & co. put together a bunch of retarded surrender terms for Echelon without even asking TOP for input? It's almost as if... GOD was expecting them to just go along with their agenda, no questions asked. But... that's so unlike them.... I'm absolutely [i]shocked[/i].
[/quote]

Actually Xiph says he spoke with TOP and every alliance on that front before speaking to Echelon at all. But that all he got was a lecture from Crymson about evil reps.

I think GOD was also pretty mad about the no nukes deal which left GOD to face the nukes that weren't used on TOP.

Wasn't just us left to eat the nukes, but yeah.

Really, the whole !@#$fest started with the IRON front (there's some threads about it on here somewhere) and then carried over.

And with that, I think I'm going save my brain cells and try to stay out of this. This argument was amazingly stupid the first time, and I doubt yet another iteration's going to improve it at all.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1293648505' post='2557484']
Actually Xiph says he spoke with TOP and every alliance on that front before speaking to Echelon at all. But that all he got was a lecture from Crymson about evil reps. [/quote]

Crymson had no problem extorting massive reps from innocent victims prior to that, but when his partners in crime finally got the tiniest taste of their own medicine he suddenly discovered how to pose as a moralist. There is a word for that...

[quote]I think GOD was also pretty mad about the no nukes deal which left GOD to face the nukes that weren't used on TOP.
[/quote]

And they had every right to be.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1293646494' post='2557459']
Do you recall who stayed with you guys till the end in BiPolar? Oh yea, one of them was us.
[/quote]
Why so sensitive Thrash unless my comment really applied to you. Also never said that the AA didnt stay till the end just that AA wanted to peace out after about 2 days of war.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1293648432' post='2557483']
Umm...I seem to recall Val being the one getting massive aid bombs after Karma; Haf was probably one of the ones to send you aid. :unsure:
[/quote]
We got aid yes from olympus I dont recall anything about invicta at the time (it is possible but i honestly dont recall) but it wasnt while we were at war either. I realize you love to poke at Val and purple as a whole Locke but try and keep the reply in context of what your quoting. I simply stated a certain ally required aid bombs 2 days in to the war not what aid was delivered or needed after.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1293585116' post='2556741']
*snip*
There's no doubt that TOP made some mistakes but they are nothing close to bad enough to justify GOD wanting to blacklist them even today over it.
[/quote]

So you are telling us who we can and can't hold a grudge against? How sinfully... [i]ironic[/i]

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1293648505' post='2557484']
*snip*
I think GOD was also pretty mad about the no nukes deal which left GOD to face the nukes that weren't used on TOP.
[/quote]

Can't speak for the rest of my brothers; but yeah, I be pissed.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1293649180' post='2557495']
We got aid yes from olympus I dont recall anything about invicta at the time (it is possible but i honestly dont recall) but it wasnt while we were at war either. I realize you love to poke at Val and purple as a whole Locke but try and keep the reply in context of what your quoting. I simply stated a certain ally required aid bombs 2 days in to the war not what aid was delivered or needed after.
[/quote]
If the Purple Unity boards were still up and I had a mask, I would show you. Olympus organized the drive, but all of PEACE contributed. Medals were given out to all who did so, and there's probably a topic on the OWF somewhere that mentions it. And don't misjudge my intentions, my comments have nothing to do with your affiliation; I just like to call out !@#$%^&* when I see it. To complain that someone else needed aid when you willingly accepted a great deal of aid is quite silly.

I do love how you take my comments from one thread and extrapolate it to all of my posts; I don't think that outside of the PoP thread I've said a word about Val or purple in general since my tenure in Invicta, and for that matter I said nothing then about Val. Clearly though one thread makes a pattern. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG] Drop the victim complex; again, this has nothing to do with who your alliance is and everything to do with what you said.