Announcement from the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization and New Sith Order

DragonsPhyre

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with this. Although I'm going to be perfectly honest, I don't think it'll have much impact on growing brown; as most nations residing on none won't hear about it; and out of those that do only a small percentile will make the effort to switch.

That being said, have fun with it.

[quote name='ArneS' timestamp='1284504844' post='2454005']
I'm sure that this will be a success, just like RIA's Trade Partner AA with an impressive 8 nations.. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I was actually curious how effective it was going to be since I think 'none' nations will ignore it just as much as they do actual alliance AA, I guess that answers my question :P

RIA Trade Partner was and remains primarily a place to put our ghosts, growing the Maroon team a bit is gravy.

I mean I have nothing against the guys, I just don't want them on my AA, I don't mind them being protected from raids. RIA Trade Partner was the solution I came up with.

I hear Delta has bigger plans, but I'm quite satisfied with how RIA Trade Partner has worked out.

We actually got two guys onto the AA who found it looking for precisely what was offered, and one of them is a tech seller, so that's a win right there.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1284493850' post='2453841']
Actually, Bilrow ranted quite a bit about it not being a real alliance when it was first established.
[/quote]

Correct, Bilrow ran his mouth extensively in that thread and in private. He made a big fuss about how nations under his command wouldn't accept the CTC as a valid AA and raid if they wanted. Yet at the end of the day he did nothing. Never managed to get anyone to raid it.

Of course the CTC had the full weight of Citadel's nuke count behind it (Gre was ever so hopeful someone would raid, poor guys sat there watching the war reports for hours after Bilrow shot his mouth off).

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1284513755' post='2454192']
Adding the AA to it changes it from CNARF enough to be legit. On the down side it isn't an alliance and leaves open a excellent avenue for an aggressor alliance to provoke a hostile war on NSO/GATO via a tech raid.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If someone wishes to try that they're more than welcome, although the precedent that would be established by allowing such an act is frightening. The same rational could be applied to protectorates, or any other protected AA for that matter.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1284516395' post='2454253']
[color="#0000FF"]If someone wishes to try that they're more than welcome, although the precedent that would be established by allowing such an act is frightening. The same rational could be applied to protectorates, or any other protected AA for that matter.[/color]
[/quote]

Thats why people will do nothing besides bleat like sheeple, rather than risk a war where they are the aggressor.

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1284516650' post='2454258']
Thats why people will do nothing besides bleat like sheeple, rather than risk a war where they are the aggressor.
[/quote]
Actually, if I hadn't just recently returned to planet Bob I would have loved to challenge this, here's to hoping Brown#5 is still around in six months.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1284513755' post='2454192']
Adding the AA to it changes it from CNARF enough to be legit. On the down side it isn't an alliance and leaves open a excellent avenue for an aggressor alliance to provoke a hostile war on NSO/GATO via a tech raid.
[/quote]

If anyone uses it to provoke a war then that is all they are doing. We are not going to put even a small dent in the raiding pool for raiding alliances to care. We aren't claiming sovereignty over a sphere as was the rational for Red Raiding Safari. The only reason someone would want to challenge is on this is for the sake of challenging us on this which I guess would appease the drama llama but makes no real sense. We just want more trading partners. This may not even accomplish that end but it's worth a shot and we would appreciate it if people were cool about it. If not, hell I'm your huckleberry. Skin that smokewagon and see what happens.

[quote name='hobbies0310' timestamp='1284521418' post='2454354']
less tech raid targets :(
[/quote]
Ah, the ODN of today.

In any event. This is exactly the kind of thing I like to see. Let us know if you require any assistance with this.

Also, I eagerly await iFOK's raiding of RIA Trade Partner.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1284523800' post='2454412']
Ah, the ODN of today.

In any event. This is exactly the kind of thing I like to see. Let us know if you require any assistance with this.

Also, I eagerly await iFOK's raiding of RIA Trade Partner.
[/quote]

While I appreciate the sentiment, you really have no stake in brown to warrant any involvement. This isn't a soapbox Haf. If you like the idea do something for your own sphere and leave it at that.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1284519463' post='2454310']
No one is going to challenge it and no drama will ensue. Guaranteed.
[/quote]
I'm sure GATO and NSO feel a lot more secure now that they have a Batallion Guarantee(tm) that it won't be challenged. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting echoes of TOLWYN over here. CHALLENGING THE BROWN TRADE PARTNER IDEA IS BANNED.

However, good luck to GATO and NSO with this venture, I hope it works out well for you guys.