I noticed new trend lately

D34th

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1283780106' post='2443736']
Dear D34th,

You're only a mindless pawn of anything Polaris does and are a terrible poster yourself who stood as long for his beliefs in battle as AlmightyGrub did.

With love,

Misr/AUT/MVP

P.S. Rebounder - I think Arciel of IAA.
[/quote]

I appreciate your love, thanks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1283780263' post='2443738']
I appreciate your love, thanks.
[/quote]

Pulling your leg a bit. :P (I haven't been nice to anyone lately, look at my sig for how I feel).

Anyways, a bad poster is someone like me who can't quite articulate what I have in my mind and filter it into a well worded post. Color has nothing to do with it, color is more a grab for attention than anything. RV says he uses the blue text so he can easily spot his post in a sea of them.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1283780403' post='2443742']
Pulling your leg a bit. :P (I haven't been nice to anyone lately, look at my sig for how I feel).

Anyways, a bad poster is someone like me who can't quite articulate what I have in my mind and filter it into a well worded post. Color has nothing to do with it, color is more a grab for attention than anything. RV says he uses the blue text so he can easily spot his post in a sea of them.
[/quote]

A very poor excuse, if you need to color your posts to easy find it, you are indeed stupid.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1283779089' post='2443722']
Seems an odd thing to complain about. Coloured text just makes it that much easier to immediately differentiate between potentially interesting posters and [color="#0000FF"]twats[/color].
[/quote]
Not quite how I'd put it, but yes, there's an argument that using coloured text is a very valuable service, it makes it immediately clear which posts should be ignored.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1283780106' post='2443736']
Dear D34th,

You're only a mindless pawn of anything Polaris does and are a terrible poster yourself who stood as long for his beliefs in battle as AlmightyGrub did.

With love,

Misr/AUT/MVP

P.S. Rebounder - I think Arciel of IAA.
[/quote]

I must have missed that this was your new alias. Welcome back AUT

Regarding colored. If its not RV I think it looks rather ridiculous, at least blue is easy to read. Orange, yellow, lighter colors just make my eyes bleed

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1283782794' post='2443771']
Not quite how I'd put it, but yes, there's an argument that using coloured text is a very valuable service, it makes it immediately clear which posts should be ignored.
[/quote]

That fact you need to lump all coloured post users into one group is quite disconcerting. Almost like .. Racism ... Postism? .... o.O

Yes - many are using it now just to be 'cool' or provoke specific responses (aka trolling), but it's no reason to discriminate against them. The contents of their posts should be more than sufficient without falling back to visual cues.

Edited by Rayvon

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283768921' post='2443615']
I agree it looks stupid unless its RV, as it looks like a lame attempt to copy his posting style. I think he might of started with the colors to annoy people, but I think most have gotten used to him doing it. When others do it you can usually tell right away they're trying to imitate him.
[/quote]
He started the blue color to imitate Walford, who apparently used to do that way back in the day. So even RV is copying someone.

And yes, it looks dumb even when RV does it. But I suspect he knows that and doesn't care.

-Bama

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1283779858' post='2443728']
Wasn't there an NAAC fellow who posted in Blue before RV?
[/quote]

Asriel Belacqua and yes, he wore the NAAC AA at some points but I think he ended up in the Browncoats reincarnation and disappeared.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1283782281' post='2443763']
I've only had to add Davian to my group of "skip this post" lately, have other people hit that trend?
[/quote]

With Davian that's now 3 people in my ignore list who were making use of colors and RV isn't one of them.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1283782794' post='2443771']
[/quote]
Bob, I think you nearly hit it on the head here... Perhaps it's so they can more easily find their own postings.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1283784163' post='2443796']
That fact you need to lump all coloured post users into one group is quite disconcerting. Almost like .. Racism ... Postism? .... o.O

Yes - many are using it now just to be 'cool' or provoke specific responses (aka trolling), but it's no reason to discriminate against them. The contents of their posts should be more than sufficient without falling back to visual cues.
[/quote]

I am an unashamed postist. Lynch the "different" ones imo.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1283779089' post='2443722']
Seems an odd thing to complain about. Coloured text just makes it that much easier to immediately differentiate between potentially interesting posters and [color="#0000FF"]twats[/color].

The way i see it, if you feel the inclination to use coloured text, go for it!
[/quote]

I love you, VN.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1283767580' post='2443596']
Dear CN member,

If you aren't Rebel Virginia, stop with the colored posts, you just look stupid. While you don't, enjoy my ignore list.

With Love,

D34th.
[/quote]
I second this. He's earned it.

Edited by Horatio Longworth

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1283776638' post='2443686']
I believe a suggestion should be made that no one be allowed to have colored text so that no one will look stupid. Admin, save us from our own stupidity.
[/quote]
People should have the freedom to look stupid as it can be a quick indicator if someone's post is worth reading, although I realize your being sarcastic and that isn't a serious suggestion.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1283796351' post='2444063']
[color="#0000ff"][s]Invalidate Anything I Say Please.[/s][/color][color="#ff00ff"][color="#000000"]

That's really all I ever see when I see colored text forming the main body of a post.
[/color][/color]
[/quote]
This pretty much, I usually skip the colored post.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1283768250' post='2443608']
I find the flood of treaties that would be cancelled at the slightest sign of trouble far more annoying.
[/quote]

This, although I thought you all knew Pixels > Moar Pixels > Enemies > Allies?

No, I guess thats the problem then.

Also thanks D34TH needed to be said.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1283814435' post='2444506']
Black is the absence of light and therefore the absence of color. :ph34r:
[/quote]

Not the [i]absence[/i] of all light, no. It just doesn't reflect any back at you.

I can't get too excited about people posting in orange or yellow or whatever, it's too easy to just ignore people.

Edited by Aurion