Joint VE/GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1282603862' post='2428213']

Anyways, interesting treaty, maybe VE is not such a good faced alliance after all, but I digress.

[/quote]

Our face is still beautiful, thanks. We just simply recognize that different methodologies does not necessarily mean friendship is barred, and we know the difference between egregious acts and those practices that fall firmly within the confines of rational thought, even though we may not personally subscribe to them.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1282604449' post='2428232']
VE has never had any moral authority. They have always been fair weather moralists. They know it; you should know it. Stop acting surprised.
[/quote]

Like that time they said they don't support PZI/EZI, good times man.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1282604449' post='2428232']
VE has never had any moral authority. They have always been fair weather moralists. They know it; you should know it. Stop acting surprised.
[/quote]
It's just so much more fun when we make people like you upset.

Deal with it. As they say, Haters gonna hate.

o/ GOONS
o/ VE

Edited by Smooth

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282604128' post='2428223']
Ummm ...... Dumbfounded .... Really? :wacko:
[/quote]

[color=green]>Alliance Affiliation NSO
>NSO[/color]

I'm glad to see some people don't know how to move on.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1282604725' post='2428240']
What makes you think you made me upset?
[/quote]

Oh, nothing. It's just, I mean, we hardly care what you think about our moral standing, so I guess I was just wondering...why bother sharing?

Edited by Smooth

[quote]Oh I assure you my hail was, if anything, mindful and entirely deliberate! I am tickled pink to finally have VE as an ally. [/quote]

Pink enough to go Pink? :smug:

Anyways congrats you two

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1282603357' post='2428184']
This has got to be a joke, right? I've watched VE try to promote itself as some sort of moral leader these past few years, and now you go and sign with GOONS?
[/quote]

I chuckled for the same reason. Janova and GOONS tag team :)

Nonetheless, best of luck to y'all.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1282603357' post='2428184']
This has got to be a joke, right? I've watched VE try to promote itself as some sort of moral leader these past few years, and now you go and sign with GOONS?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]VE has abandoned its past as an alliance of virtue over the last year, preferring instead to brand itself as some sort of tough guy alliance that doesn't care what you think. It has fallen along way from the VE of old, and does a great deal of dishonor to the name of a great alliance.[/color]

Hey, three mentions before I even read the thread!

Let this treaty be a lesson to all of you, moralists and non-moralists can get on fine together. It shouldn't surprise you as much as it seems to have done, after all quite a few of VE's previous treaty partners are not moralist either, and nor are several of my personal treaties through history.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282605716' post='2428255']
[color="#0000FF"]VE has abandoned its past as an alliance of virtue over the last year, preferring instead to brand itself as some sort of tough guy alliance that doesn't care what you think. It has fallen along way from the VE of old, and does a great deal of dishonor to the name of a great alliance.[/color]
[/quote]

Wait, I thought you hated the VE of old for the Ardus era and whatnot? Gosh, now I'm just confused.

Also, please cite examples. Just because we have gotten more...militaristic...does not mean we lost virtue, and just because we are willing to give those with different methodologies a chance does not mean our values have changed.

Also also, it's an ODP.

Edited by Il Impero Romano