Joint VE/GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1282605809' post='2428257']
Hey, three mentions before I even read the thread!

Let this treaty be a lesson to all of you, moralists and non-moralists can get on fine together. It shouldn't surprise you as much as it seems to have done, after all quite a few of VE's previous treaty partners are not moralist either, and nor are several of my personal treaties through history.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Indeed, a few of your allies could have been described as "non-moralist," however, that is a long way from scum. GOD seems to have made the transition just fine from 2007 to what it is today, happilly embracing (even to this day) such commendable practices such as PZI and forced disbandment. Even GOONS loves PZI, although it prefers to hide behind the playful moniker "Enemy of GOONS." I wonder what good that anti-PZI pact VE signed a year or so back does today when VE still holds treaties with alliances that are so fond of the practice.[/color]

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282605915' post='2428259']
Wait, I thought you hated the VE of old for the Ardus era and whatnot? Gosh, now I'm just confused.

Also, please cite examples. Just because we have gotten more...militaristic...does not mean we lost virtue, and just because we are willing to give those with different methodologies a chance does not mean our values have changed.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am talking about the VE of Egore's time. And a few other Lords (not Ardus). Also, militarism is a whole different thing from tough-guyism. The only alliance that has embraced the rap and 'gangsta' theme more than VE would be \m/.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let this treaty be a lesson to all of you, moralists and non-moralists can get on fine together. [/quote]

How does this treaty show that moralists and non-moralists can get along?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282606038' post='2428263']
[color="#0000FF"]Indeed, a few of your allies could have been described as "non-moralist," however, that is a long way from scum. GOD seems to have made the transition just fine from 2007 to what it is today, happilly embracing (even to this day) such commendable practices such as PZI and forced disbandment. Even GOONS loves PZI, although it prefers to hide behind the playful moniker "Enemy of GOONS." I wonder what good that anti-PZI pact VE signed a year or so back does today when VE still holds treaties with alliances that are so fond of the practice.[/color]
[/quote]

It's actually an anti-EZI pact, easy to confuse though.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282604236' post='2428226']
Our face is still beautiful, thanks. We just simply recognize that different methodologies does not necessarily mean friendship is barred, and we know the difference between egregious acts and those practices that fall firmly within the confines of rational thought, even though we may not personally subscribe to them.
[/quote]
Wise words.
Too many people jump to conclusions based on far too little evidence. GOONS are pretty cool people despite VE and myself not being a fan of tech raiding and the like.

Let this treaty be a lesson to all of you, moralists and non-moralists can get on fine together. It shouldn't surprise you as much as it seems to have done, after all quite a few of VE's previous treaty partners are not moralist either, and nor are several of my personal treaties through history.
[/quote]

Kind of like the World Unity Treaty all over again, eh?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1282606171' post='2428269']
It's actually an anti-EZI pact, easy to confuse though.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I fail to see the difference. And so does GOD if I recall correctly, considering they don't believe in new identities. But nice save, really. "At least we don't condone EZI." Boy, you guys really are an example for the rest of us.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282606278' post='2428273']
[color="#0000FF"]I fail to see the difference. And so does GOD if I recall correctly, considering they don't believe in new identities. But nice save, really. "At least we don't condone EZI." Boy, you guys really are an example for the rest of us.[/color]
[/quote]

((well the difference is OOC and IC, when somebody re rolls, they are a new identity unless they chose otherwise. Hounding them after that is simply in bad taste. PZI is taking a rogue nation and holding him down so he can't be a threat ever again, EZI is chasing somebody across accounts which is damn shady in my opinion, its admins domain to decide who gets to play his game))

I don't see how its a save, you brought it up in the first place.

[/quote]

Nice to see that you're happy with this treaty.

[quote]How does this treaty show that moralists and non-moralists can get along? [/quote]
VE are (at least some of us are) moralists, GOONS are not, a treaty indicates that we get along.

[quote]Kind of like the World Unity Treaty all over again, eh? [/quote]
I'm afraid you're going to have to explain that one, because I'm not really seeing the similarity between a bilateral ODP and a multi-alliance MDP/MADP (WUT was pretty ambiguous in its aggression clause) bloc.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282606278' post='2428273']
[color="#0000FF"]I fail to see the difference.[/color]
[/quote]
Then the shortcoming is entirely yours, I assume. Perhaps a pair of corrective lenses? Just because you fail to see something does not mean it does not exist.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1282606500' post='2428275']
((well the difference is OOC and IC, when somebody re rolls, they are a new identity unless they chose otherwise. Hounding them after that is simply in bad taste. PZI is taking a rogue nation and holding him down so he can't be a threat ever again, EZI is chasing somebody across accounts which is damn shady in my opinion, its admins domain to decide who gets to play his game))

I don't see how its a save, you brought it up in the first place.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]OOC: A simple ZI keeps a rogue from being a threat (not that one nation is ever a real threat) again for a long time. Keep the war going for months after ZI is just petty, and is for the sole purpose of forcing the play out of CN, out of the community. If he or she wishes to come back he is forced to assume a new identity (not by choice mind you), keeping the old self a secret from former friends and contacts. That is more than should have been done to anyone. I do not see a difference. Both PZI and EZI are inexcusable in this day and age.

IC: Considering it is a practice endorsed by your eternal friend GOD and your newfound friend in GOONS, I feel it is quite relevant considering that by having treaties with these alliances you are by proxy endorsing a practice that you supposedly detest. It simply reeks of hypocrisy.[/color]

While this treaty did just surprise me a bit, after thinking about how well my own dealings with GOONS leadership have gone in the recent past I really can't complain as they've been understanding whenever I have spoken with them about an issue.

So congratulations to my allies in VE and I hope this relationship ends up developing for the best.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1282606596' post='2428279']
VE are (at least some of us are) moralists, GOONS are not, a treaty indicates that we get along.

I'm afraid you're going to have to explain that one, because I'm not really seeing the similarity between a bilateral ODP and a multi-alliance MDP/MADP (WUT was pretty ambiguous in its aggression clause) bloc.
[/quote]

What you wrote was exactly what the leading alliances of the Initiative/WUT used to say to justify their ties to alliances like the GOONS. It seems especially poignant to recall here since the last treaty that directly tied the GOONS and VE ultimately ended in the destruction/dissolution of both alliances.