STA announcement

pezstar

Hmmm... \m/ raiding protected STA nations sounds like an awfully good cause for war to me. The question that begs to be asked by the countless \m/ replies here is whether or not \m/ is preparing to essentially launch an offensive war against STA by attacking Protected nations. I suppose we will find out what happens when some GGA war slots clear up.

Either way... o/ STA

Edited by Remaliat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1282022892' post='2418925']
As everything will be done behind closed doors to avoid embarrassing both alliances all we will see is both sides reaching a "consensus" The chances of this escalating is zero. Like I said the treaty web will do what it takes to stop it. In the end both of you will reach a conclusion that "happens" to be the same as SG.
[/quote]

I bet you 1000 tech you're wrong.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282019199' post='2418752']
Our members aren't allowed to raid any nation with anything other than "None" as their AA.
[/quote]

I'd advise you to consider revising this policy. Raids on "None" without prior Kronos consent is a deliberate violation of our Attackorate :ph34r:

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1282022892' post='2418925']
As everything will be done behind closed doors to avoid embarrassing both alliances all we will see is both sides reaching a "consensus" The chances of this escalating is zero. Like I said the treaty web will do what it takes to stop it. In the end both of you will reach a conclusion that "happens" to be the same as SG.
[/quote]

Just for the record, we didn't consult any of our allies before we did this. We told them we would do it about an hour before we posted it. There wasn't any discussion at all. MK literally said "Ok" and that was the end of it there. That was pretty much the gist of it for all of our allies, with the exception of NV, with whom we talked about other stuff with too.

Also, I announced in one of our monthly press conferences a couple of months back that, in the spirit of being transparent, we would start posting all of our diplomacy efforts publicly on our forum. We just haven't had anything interesting enough to post yet. So you'll be able to see for yourself, should \m/ feel the need to contact us to discuss something.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='James Maximus' timestamp='1282023064' post='2418933']
I'm not in STA.

The only thing thats going to prevent STA from defending GGA from \m/ will be \m/ backing down.
[/quote]
Replace you with they. Why are you speaking for them and telling me what their response will be if you arent even a member?

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1282023245' post='2418938']
I'd advise you to consider revising this policy. Raids on "None" without prior Kronos consent is a deliberate violation of our Attackorate :ph34r:
[/quote]

Since when does the parent ask the kid to do something?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282023257' post='2418939']
Just for the record, we didn't consult any of our allies before we did this. We told them we would do it about an hour before we posted it. There wasn't any discussion at all. MK literally said "Ok" and that was the end of it there. That was pretty much the gist of it for all of our allies, with the exception of NV, with whom we talked about other stuff with too.
[/quote]
So you're not asking for allies' help and you'll be handling this on your own?

Oh God....it's way too soon for history to repeat itself....

[quote name='Remaliat' timestamp='1282023147' post='2418934']
Hmmm... \m/ raiding protected STA nations sounds like an awfully good cause for war to me. The question that begs to be asked by the countless \m/ replies here is whether or not \m/ is preparing to essentially launch an offensive war against STA by attacking Protected nations. I suppose we will find out what happens when some GGA war slots clear up.

Either way... o/ STA
[/quote]
Well actually we claimed sovereignty over the AA 24 hours before STA did, so they are the ones who will be launching a offensive war, think about it, think,

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282018011' post='2418681']
Well I plan to continue raiding GGA after my war expires, so take that for what you may.
[/quote]
You might find that to be a bad idea. MK has a strong dislike for NSO for a reason and \m/ is treading very, very close to the same reasons in my eyes.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282023361' post='2418943']

[/quote]
I'm pretty sure they will be able to find help from their allies if they need it in this case.

[/quote]

That's not what I said at all. What I said was that we didn't ask them for permission or do any sort of "checking out what the sides would be" if a war were to happen. We didn't discuss it with them. We let them know before the general population of the Cyberverse as a courtesy. We did not seek approval.

As for help... well. I don't think you need to look any farther than this thread to see that we have our allies' full support.

[/quote]
Why would they need to ask for help. If \M/ attacks them(GGA) well then i guess they don't need to ask for help. That's what them treaty's are for

[/quote]
I do believe all of our treaties have clauses about not needing to defend the other party if one of them does something really stupid, so it is somewhat in the hands of our allies to make that decision for themselves if it comes to that.

Edit: Though actually, looking at our treaties, I'm not seeing the clause. I swear we had it at some point though. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Edited by Shodemofi

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1282023436' post='2418948']
MK has a strong dislike for NSO for a reason and \m/ is treading very, very close to the same reasons in my eyes.
[/quote]
Well at least my alliance is the benchmark for evil.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1282023427' post='2418947']
Well actually we claimed sovereignty over the AA 24 hours before STA did, so they are the ones who will be launching a offensive war, think about it, think,
[/quote]

Quibbling over who is on offense here is downright silly. Heck, I as a "Teen Tiger" of the STA officially declare that you guys can be on defense. :)

No, what really matters here is ya'll did something and now we've done something and now it's ya'lls turn again. As Captain Planet often said: The power is yours.

Edited by Ragashingo

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1282017527' post='2418646']
Most here, like \m/, PC, GOONS, will see this as an act and not understand why some do what they do. Mock those that stand in the way of their fun and call the killjoys. However if STA feels so strongly about this, clearly it's more than just that. The precedent it's okay to attack an AA after protection is done is part of the reason why so many become fed up. Making a stand here may not work, but at least it provides some sort of stand against this type of behavior.

Thank you, STA.
[/quote]

Back up sonny, I'm a member of PC and I object to \M/'s antics. I think you'd find I'm not the only member of PC who feels this way. However, they are free men and women, and as is such, they can speak their own minds on this matter.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1282023672' post='2418959']
Well at least my alliance is the benchmark for evil.
[/quote]
No, you're the benchmark for being whiny morons that try and throw around other alliance's weight

Edited by flak attack