Peace in our time

peron

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1280620573' post='2396506']
lol, I agree with Crymson.
[/quote]

What Ertyy is trying here is his typical gambit of avoiding responsibility via the use of condescending allegations that understanding his explanations is somehow above the intelligence of those reading them.

Edited by Crymson

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ertyy' timestamp='1280597778' post='2396075']
We would like to clarify that our reasons for continuing this war remain unchanged. We merely recognize that there are no longer any viable means to attain our goals.
[/quote]
You lost, but we let you go cause firing cms at you has been more communication than any of us desired with you.

[quote name='Ertyy' timestamp='1280618870' post='2396484']
I will also say that it does show some redeeming qualities that IRON elected to give us peace at this point.
[/quote]
It's sufficient to say that since you word is worth nothing, expecting nothing but more trouble from you after anything but a white peace made this the only reasonable ending for this conflict. You were and continue to be the immoral party in this conflict.

o/ peace
o/ true friends and supporters, definitely including the vocal supporters
o/ volunteers for sanity (speaking for DAWN: that goes to you Dochartaigh and Baldr!!! Your efforts won't be forgotten, and thank you very much for your service :) )

Edited by shilo

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1280629042' post='2396596']
What Ertyy is trying here is his typical gambit of avoiding responsibility via the use of condescending allegations that understanding his explanations is somehow above the intelligence of those reading them.
[/quote]

To be honest I like both Ertyy and Ramirus, they are both fascinating characters. The kicker is that their lack of humility or ability to give empathy toward anothers position is a clear indictment of their lack of intelligence. Anyone can read a book and recite it back for others, a quip of history or a quotation of a master from antiquity is not the pinnacle of intelligence. Being able to adapt to a circumstance, even if insincere is the hallmark of genius because that allows you to maximize your personal gain and that of the group you choose to align with.

No better representation of this exists then the current state of the gramlins, it's too bad their small defect has resulted in such a stupendous collapse. It's unlikely to serve as any kind of benchmark for them personally in terms of personal conduct, pride often leads to foolish action unless you are smart enough to enact humility, they aren't. I have talked to both privately while I was in Gramlins, more so Ramirus he is a brilliant guy, id buy him a beer, if someone in this realm ever opens a bar.

Now Crymson back to me disliking you personally and your alliance. Although I enjoyed this back and forth you aren't half bad. B-)

You know... the real stroke of genius would probably have been signing the ESA along with the rest of CnG. Absolutely no humility required. :ph34r:

Edited by iamthey

I am glad to see that this war is over. Unconditional Surrender is a term which cannot be sufficiently defined on this game to be effective. It is not a possibility...in fact the mere act of surrendering is in and of itself a condition. All that Ramirus did was destroy the alliance. Soon this too will pass the way of the GGA.

I've developed a measure of respect for IRON and DAWN from this entire affair. Congratulations on your clear victory against Gramlins (I think it's fairly obvious this conflict isn't part of the last war, or Ramirus would've accepted peace at the same time as everyone else.) I really did hope you'd somehow come out of this without additional terms. We can go back to hating you in peace, now. :smug:

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1280621399' post='2396508']
I wonder how many of the current Gremlins stayed in because they did not want to abandon their alliance during war, even if they did not agree with the reason or execution.

The end of the war may actually spark an exodus of remaining gremlin members.

Another thing to consider is that the current gremlin member count is 12, which puts them on the list of raid-able alliances for several raid oriented alliances.
Gremlins may find their lower-mid tiers raided on a frequent basis.
[/quote]
Like Ram or hate him i must give credit to anyone who stayed just out of loyalty to their alliance, obviously some of them drank the same kool aid but id like to hope not all did.

Also anyone whos dumb enough to raid Gramlins is asking for a beating as they still have some pretty big nations

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1280634564' post='2396696']
You know... the real stroke of genius would probably have been signing the ESA along with the rest of CnG. Absolutely no humility required. :ph34r:
[/quote]

Yes the humility would have been to leave principal on the battlefield. See despite all the crap, if you read enough of matthews retorts and exhibit some of his vaulted reading comprehension you would understand there was a principal involved here. I dont happen to agree with it, but they thought it anyway the problem is might makes right in this venue. Wonderful notions of justice aside, of course they should have signed the ESA but then that wouldnt have been the point, if they had IRON dosent get any blame as worded in the ESA thats the whole point of contention.

Now a smarter alliance might have been a bit more pragmatic with thier notions of "blame" and translated it in to tech shipments but this is the gramlins, they have principals. :smug:

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1280637866' post='2396791']
Yes the humility would have been to leave principal on the battlefield. See despite all the crap, if you read enough of matthews retorts and exhibit some of his vaulted reading comprehension you would understand there was a principal involved here. I dont happen to agree with it, but they thought it anyway the problem is might makes right in this venue. Wonderful notions of justice aside, of course they should have signed the ESA but then that wouldnt have been the point, if they had IRON dosent get any blame as worded in the ESA thats the whole point of contention.

Now a smarter alliance might have been a bit more pragmatic with thier notions of "blame" and translated it in to tech shipments but this is the gramlins, they have principals. :smug:
[/quote]

If Gre had signed the ESA to begin with, i am fairly certain that the addendum they wanted to add on later could have been added on then. which means that the principle with which they fought for would have been secured. instead, they chose to throw a temper tantrum and refuse to sign the ESA and continue the war for this so called principle of theirs.

though i do like your sarcasm mate. :D

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1280638861' post='2396801']
If Gre had signed the ESA to begin with, i am fairly certain that the addendum they wanted to add on later could have been added on then. which means that the principle with which they fought for would have been secured. -snip the rest-
[/quote]

I think that in itself, would have been a breach of normal protocol. Once a deal has been signed by all parties, for one to come along later and say that it needs to amended, would not go down very well with the rest of the signatories.

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1280609690' post='2396328']
Congrats to all those who backed up IRON and DAWN with their words, rather than actually helping them out. Congrats on the moral victory guys! You really earned it I guess. Now rub GRE's nose in it for all the hard effort you put into IRON's victory.[/quote]

There are some of us who did more than just talk. I'm still in nuclear anarchy, for instance. I wasn't in IRON or DAWN when this started, and I'll be moving on now that it's done. I'm not the only person who helped out.

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1280609690' post='2396328']
Congrats to all those who backed up IRON and DAWN with their words, rather than actually helping them out. Congrats on the moral victory guys! You really earned it I guess. Now rub GRE's nose in it for all the hard effort you put into IRON's victory.
[/quote]

What are you suggesting? IRON's allies reject the inevitable IRON/DAWN victory and jump in resuming full nuclear war with gre's allies, ending in defeat and gre victory?

Definitely sounds pretty clever, you should be in charge of an alliance.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1280642741' post='2396849']
A damn shame.
[/quote]

I know they should have stayed at war. Three more Grämlins and gre could have been open season for an \m/ raid. :v:

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1280651469' post='2396912']
What are you suggesting? IRON's allies reject the inevitable IRON/DAWN victory and jump in resuming full nuclear war with gre's allies, ending in defeat and gre victory?

Definitely sounds pretty clever, you should be in charge of an alliance.
[/quote]

I was simply suggesting that there are more bystanders talking trash to GRE than there are IRON/DAWN members. No need to be a jerk about it. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two about when to jump into a war. It's worked out pretty well for you guys.