Peace in our time

peron

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1280609774' post='2396330']
It's a shame it came to this and took such a toll on the Grämlins in the process.
[/quote]
Of course, couldn't have Rammy thinking that MK isn't appreciative of his attempts to achieve...something. What that was I guess we'll never know, but really, is there any point in trying to defend the 'legacy' of an alliance that crapped itself and died the first time it tried to uphold some of its lofty morals (at least in their own minds)? We will all be better off when Gre is in an unmarked grave.

[quote name='the masheen' timestamp='1280609690' post='2396328']
Congrats to all those who backed up IRON and DAWN with their words, rather than actually helping them out. Congrats on the moral victory guys! You really earned it I guess. Now rub GRE's nose in it for all the hard effort you put into IRON's victory.

Good luck to both sides on a quick and speedy recovery.

By the way, I don't think you're in the business of giving anyone advice on how to run an alliance, Fernando. Enjoy that ZI.
[/quote]
Regrettably, most of us had to sign these things that said we wouldn't re-enter the BiPolar War or any associated conflicts.

-Bama

Nobody made any mention of this violating their paperless policy? :v:

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1280602541' post='2396210']Errty my friend, Ray Charles could see this back in April[/quote]
I lol'd.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280606497' post='2396275']If i was IRON I would have pounded on them until there was nothing left.[/quote]
Even if they wanted to, Gre still has friends. As soon as IRON refused white peace or demanded reparations, you can bet their friends would jump in with threats. The result, white peace, would be the same. The difference would that IRON would have just pissed off a stronger group of enemies.

Congratulations to IRON on their much awaited victory in this arena.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1280607607' post='2396293']
at this point i dont think it matters who won, who lost and whos evil...this crap is over now maybe the New Gramlins thread will die
[/quote]

actually it matters quite a bit to state who won this conflict (IRON/DAWN) and who lost (Gremlins) since it should hopefully ensure that no one else is as stupid as Gremlins were. as for who is evil, well Gremlins are not evil really, just really, really stupid. the fact that Gremlins lost everything and had to accept a handout from their enemy is a clear indicator as to who won and who lost.

all those stating it does not matter who won or that IRON/DAWN were not victorious, would most likely be saying something different had it been IRON/DAWN who had taken Gremlins terms instead of vice versa.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1280609774' post='2396330']
It's a shame it came to this and took such a toll on the Grämlins in the process. I'm sure both parties - and the world at large - are glad to be able to move on.

Now, if I may, I'll resume laughing at the insinuations that either party emerged victorious here.
[/quote]

read above while i continue laughing at those who think IRON/DAWN were not victorious over Gremlins.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1280610168' post='2396342']
Well, if one is to believe that their little conflict was an extension of a far larger one - one where IRON/DAWN most certainly didn't emerge victorious - it shouldn't be too hard, even if you dislike Grämlins [i]that[/i] much, to understand where some of us are coming from.
[/quote]

the moment the ESA was signed, this conflict essentially became a different one even according to Gremlins. so, while IRON and DAWN surely lost the large conflict as represented by the ESA, they in fact did not loose this one no matter how you spin it.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1280610168' post='2396342']
Well, if one is to believe that their little conflict was an extension of a far larger one - one where IRON/DAWN most certainly didn't emerge victorious - it shouldn't be too hard, even if you dislike Grämlins [i]that[/i] much, to understand where some of us are coming from.
[/quote]

C&G&co most assuredly were victors against IRON (and others). Gre made the conscientious decision to not be counted amongst those victors, and in doing so became losers, and allowed IRON to gain a lot of intangible benefits at their expense, as well as soundly defeating them militarily. IRON emerges from this isolated conflict as a victor, and it was a curbstomp at that.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1280601183' post='2396175']
Well that took long enough. BlackDigital must have started really fearing for his pixels.

o/ IRON
o/ DAWN
[/quote]

This put a smile on my face :)

Congratulations to IRON & DAWN, o what the heck congratulations to Gremlins as well.

This utter foolishness should have ended a long time ago.

[quote name='Ertyy' timestamp='1280597778' post='2396075']
We would like to clarify that our reasons for continuing this war remain unchanged. We merely recognize that there are no longer any viable means to attain our goals.
[/quote]
Took you that long to realise something that blindingly obvious. Oh well...

Congrats IRON. Ferro Credimus

o/ IRON
o/ DAWN
o/ The whole charles foxtrot finally over.

As for Gramlins...you might even find a few fools that would want to join or even rejoin your grouping. I pity them in advance. New leadership is desperately needed to turn Gramlins into an alliance again.

[quote name='Venizelos' timestamp='1280612572' post='2396393']
oh noes

THE ALLIES HAVE JUST LITERALLY LOST WW2
[/quote]

who said anything about the allies losing anything? this is just Gremlins who lost not CnG or any other ally of theirs. just Gremlins.

[quote name='Ertyy' timestamp='1280597778' post='2396075']
We would like to clarify that our reasons for continuing this war remain unchanged. We merely recognize that there are no longer any viable means to attain our goals.
[/quote]

That is interesting, up until this point I was under the impression that gre was out to prove their dedication to principle. That it had nothing to do with actually defeating IRON, something you all knew was impossible from the outset, and more about making a stand, even if it ended in martyrdom.

By accepting their white peace you have validated the ESA, and in the words of RAM, acknowledged that IRON never really did anything wrong. You shouldn't make an idealistic stand if you are not ready to uphold it. Yes you fought for a very longtime, and you essentially ran gre into the ground, but rather than stand the course you've now chosen to yield and in doing so give up. Your reasons for the war may not have changed, but you did fail to realize them. That is why IRON and Dawn have won.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1280597972' post='2396088']
So happy to see this, congrats to IRON for achieving peace, and congrats to Ramlins in destroying one of the greatest alliances of all time.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Congrats on peace.

Regardless of whether you want to recognize IRON as a winner, there is a very, very clear loser.

Congratulations Gremlins on setting the world record for pointless self-destruction.