Peace in our time

peron

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1280604447' post='2396241']
I wouldn't really call this a victory for either side. IRON suffered a huge economic loss by keeping nations in peace, and Gramlins really destroyed themselves internally. Though I guess IRON came out a little better.
[/quote]

Its victory for IRON and DAWN because they basically lost nothing. Money, meh, its replacable and they will recover. Gramlins lost tons of NS and very old well built nations that will take years to get back if they even care to rebuild themselves to what they were. I suggest Gramlins go ahead and just disband/merge now. They have nothing left.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratz on peace, and damn you Ram for allowing this mess to continue for longer than it should have...sadly the Filipino Heroes have paid with their presence in this game for what I can only see as stubbornness and false pride. I for one shall not forget the FH fighters.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280605475' post='2396257']
No, because that would be very revisionist of you.
[/quote]
I think you just missed the point of my post completely.

However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and thus reply "And it wasn't when Gre did it, right?"

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1280604751' post='2396246']
LOL. Excellent wordplay. Why don't you just go ahead you and admit you lost?

[/quote]

lol, why don't you actually read what I said? I think it's pretty clear to anyone who reads it that I said we lost. I just didn't say those two words in a row.

One of these days, Crymson, you should get over this issue you have with me/us. Ultimately, the hate is more debilitating to you than it is to anyone else. The fact that you can't read because of it seems to be a pretty strong indicator for that.

Edit: department of redundancy department censoring.

Edited by Ertyy

Congratulations to IRON an DAWN on a clear victory, and to Rämlins on one of the most appalling displays of driving a great alliance into the ground in every way possible (nations, reputation, political capital, the whole shebang) that I have ever seen. You are incredibly lucky that your onetime targets are so benevolent as to let you off without so much as a humiliating apology. Though perhaps they simply realized that humiliating you any further would be gross overkill.

Ferro Credimus!

-Bama

[quote name='Ertyy' timestamp='1280597778' post='2396075']
We would like to clarify that our reasons for continuing this war remain unchanged. We merely recognize that there are no longer any viable means to attain our goals.
[/quote]

Lol. You should have just gone until you ceased to exist. Who wants ramlins around anyways.

[quote name='Golan 1st' timestamp='1280603791' post='2396227']
Classy as always.
Congratulations for getting peace, Ertyy

Well, white peace was our goal from the beginning. We got that.
Gramlins lost two thirds of their alliance, their prestige and the respect of most members of this community and got nothing of their goals in the war.
But I guess that you are reading the same books as Ram. How do you define victory?
[/quote]
at this point i dont think it matters who won, who lost and whos evil...this crap is over now maybe the New Gramlins thread will die

[quote name='Ertyy' timestamp='1280606907' post='2396285']
One of these days, Crymson, you should get over this issue you have with me/us. Ultimately, the hate is more debilitating to you than it is to anyone else. The fact that you can't read because of it seems to be a pretty strong indicator for that.
[/quote]

Ouch, you're hurting me! Please tell me more, Mr. Ertyy! Will you have time later, after tonight's prayer session to Ramirus?

The truth is, Ertyy, that you were and are Ram's most firebrand supporter. You were a significant factor in driving your alliance to the position of ruin and international pariahdom (yes, I'm aware this isn't a real word) it currently finds itself in. I have certainly taken pleasure in seeing in seeing your alliance die, but you're really flattering yourself if you think that I'd actually stoop to really hating anyone---including you---in an online game. However, I do certainly reserve very little for you, Ertyy; Ramirus is indeed quite the madman, but he couldn't have executed his plans alone---and you took the part of mindless crony to his every whim.

Enjoy your bed.

Edited by Crymson

Congrats to all those who backed up IRON and DAWN with their words, rather than actually helping them out. Congrats on the moral victory guys! You really earned it I guess. Now rub GRE's nose in it for all the hard effort you put into IRON's victory.

Good luck to both sides on a quick and speedy recovery.

By the way, I don't think you're in the business of giving anyone advice on how to run an alliance, Fernando. Enjoy that ZI.

It's a shame it came to this and took such a toll on the Grämlins in the process. I'm sure both parties - and the world at large - are glad to be able to move on.

Now, if I may, I'll resume laughing at the insinuations that either party emerged victorious here.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1280609774' post='2396330']
It's a shame it came to this and took such a toll on the Grämlins in the process. I'm sure both parties - and the world at large - are glad to be able to move on.

Now, if I may, I'll resume laughing at the insinuations that either party emerged victorious here.
[/quote]

You sure are a tough guy.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1280609774' post='2396330']

[/quote]

I think it is significantly more laughable to insinuate that there wasn't a clear winning and losing party in this matter.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1280609985' post='2396339']
I think it is significantly more laughable to insinuate that there wasn't a clear winning and losing party in this matter.
[/quote]

Well, if one is to believe that their little conflict was an extension of a far larger one - one where IRON/DAWN most certainly didn't emerge victorious - it shouldn't be too hard, even if you dislike Grämlins [i]that[/i] much, to understand where some of us are coming from.

[quote name='Ertyy' timestamp='1280597778' post='2396075']
We would like to clarify that our reasons for continuing this war remain unchanged. We merely recognize that there are no longer any viable means to attain our goals.
[/quote]

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1280599432' post='2396139']
I'm happy to see this thing come to an end. As for speculating on what the terms really would have been from The Gramlins, that is something I'm not interesting in whatsoever. What we have here are two sides that for all intents and purposes did not trust each other one iota so speculating on the terms seems foolish from our perspective since we have literally no reason to trust the word of The Gramlins. They can continue to believe whatever they want, they now see where their actions over the last few months have lead them.

I'm personally happy that we at IRON and DAWN maintained our offer of white peace and equally happy The Gramlins took that offer. Asking for reps from The Gramlins is unnecessary from my perspective and giving an inch toward their demands would have validated their actions in my eyes. I'm happy to have done neither.

I'll just say good luck to The Gramlins, may you rebuild and find whatever happiness awaits you after this long episode.
[/quote]

So basically we have an armistice. Interesting.