Peace in our time

peron

[quote]I think OWF got too caught up in its own witticisms to realize that ramirus represents only one third of the conclave. Gre doesn't follow his personal opinions just because he happens to be the most outspoken in certain venues.[/quote]
Anyone who has any knowledge of the situation knows that any Grämlins who were active, interested in Conclave and did not follow his personal opinions had their life in Grämlins made so obnoxious by Ram that they left. So the people that are left (even those that were left at the start of this idiocy) were either inactive, not interested in Conclave or followed Ram's script to the T. You and MPK have both been in the last of those three categories for some time. You may not have quite the degree of insanity that he does (I can believe that you finally got around to overriding him and voting him down to declare peace) but that is a very small difference compared to what exists in a healthy alliance and government.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1280682228' post='2397170']
Wouldn't anything else have almost been impossible?
[/quote]
I was probably not as clear as I should have been. Yes, anything else would have been nearly impossible. However, their wars declared greatly exceeded that proportionality. Like I said, they did a heck of a job.

[quote name='Coaxl' timestamp='1280682959' post='2397185']
The members provide the safety for each other...
[/quote]

Thank you for reinforcing my point. If the Gremlin members are no longer able to provide each other with basic protection though....
I've stated my opinion and you've stated yours, let's just agree we disagree.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1280645495' post='2396878']
I think that in itself, would have been a breach of normal protocol. Once a deal has been signed by all parties, for one to come along later and say that it needs to amended, would not go down very well with the rest of the signatories.
[/quote]

i agree, though it seems some on Gre's side was quite fine with allowing the treaty to be amended. To my knowledge, IRON/DAWN's side never was asked. i was stating had Gre participated in the original talks as any normal and smart alliance would have done, they could have gotten their little ammendment added on as part of the original text instead of waiting 3 months later on.

Little did I realize, Gre has actually won.

Gre claimed they were continuing the war to break the cycle of consecutive world wars where they attacked IRON. The only way for them to be 100% certain was to destroy themselves.

Well played, Ramirus, well played.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1280726297' post='2397976']

Gre claimed they were continuing the war to break the cycle of consecutive world wars where they attacked IRON. The only way for them to be 100% certain was to destroy themselves.

[/quote]

This is probably the most logical explanation I have yet heard.

[/quote]

Yep, this statement here means this thread is over. Don't think it'll be topped.

[/quote]
How did you manage to fit logic and humor together so well?
You've won the thread.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1280598082' post='2396093']
Well IRON, you took a ridiculous situation and came out on top. Earned a bit of respect in my eyes and congrats on peace. Though, you really had no reason to give them white peace here.
[/quote]

This. Also, IRON, you have much more patience and mercy than I.

Edited by Caleb279

I would like to congratulate IRON And company. This strategy against Ram and friends was one of the best displays of pragmatic realism I have seen. Even though it took time and patience, you have achieved victory.

Edited by rapmanej

[/quote]

I have come to the conclusion that Ramirus must be an IRON spy.

:ducks:

[quote]Ramirus Maximus, on 03 August 2010 - 09:06 PM, said:
You can rest assured, I had nothing to do with the so-called "white peace"[/quote]

Surprise, surprise.. :rolleyes:

You can be sure that no one on Planet Bob believed that you would sign off on white peace. You'd sign your suicide note first I'm sure.

Edited by The Warrior