IRON Notice

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='18 July 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1279500952' post='2378022']
IRON hardly dropped every treaty and connection they've nurtured over the last few years, just a lot of them.

As for the negative Nancies: Some of the comments coming from those said alliances (I'm looking at you Hakim) seem to justify some of those cancellations in and of themselves.
[/quote]

So my words AFTER an out-of -the-blue cancellation that affect me personally, because I have personally discussed long and vociferously behind and in front of doors to other friends and or not so much friends, how great an ally IRON was, that they were not the IRON "of old", I get called a negative Nancy? by you who know none of the chats I had personally with members of IRON after they notified us, you sir speak from complete and utter ignorance of the situation, so crawl back to whence you came. (Goes to see if [font="Arial"][size="2"]The Sisters and Brothers of Different Mothers treaty [/size][/font]we have still exists, and Val didn't cancel that one).

Anyone who has ever dealt with me knows I hold no secrets and tell no lies. As the leader of the military of NATO I am steadfast in my determination that any treaty requiring our arms will be honored to the fullest extent. I also do not try and whitewash a bad situation with elaborate colloquialisms about something that does not exist. Yes, a bridge was burned, torched, bombed, and sold down the river; but I will remember fondly the times we shared together and the late nights in IRC chatting away during the wars.

As for this chapter it is closed. I gave too much time and thought to this matter in the past and definitely too much over the past weekend. NATO will be fine, like some have said better to know the truth now than at the ninth hour.

edit: forgot an "and"

Edited by Hakim

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hakim' date='18 July 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1279502363' post='2378056']
So my words AFTER an out-of -the-blue cancellation that affect me personally, because I have personally discussed long and vociferously behind and in front of doors to other friends and or not so much friends, how great an ally IRON was, that they were not the IRON "of old", I get called a negative Nancy? by you who know none of the chats I had personally with members of IRON after they notified us, you sir speak from complete and utter ignorance of the situation, so crawl back to whence you came. (Goes to see if [font="Arial"][size="2"]The Sisters and Brothers of Different Mothers treaty [/size][/font]we have still exists, and Val didn't cancel that one).

Anyone who has ever dealt with me knows I hold no secrets and tell no lies. As the leader of the military of NATO I am steadfast in my determination that any treaty requiring our arms will be honored to the fullest extent. I also do not try and whitewash a bad situation with elaborate colloquialisms about something that does not exist. Yes, a bridge was burned, torched, bombed, and sold down the river; but I will remember fondly the times we shared together and the late nights in IRC chatting away during the wars.

As for this chapter it is closed. I gave too much time and thought to this matter in the past and definitely too much over the past weekend. NATO will be fine, like some have said better to know the truth now than at the ninth hour.

[/quote]

Amen Brother

[quote name='Hakim' date='18 July 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1279502363' post='2378056']
So my words AFTER an out-of -the-blue cancellation that affect me personally, because I have personally discussed long and vociferously behind and in front of doors to other friends and or not so much friends, how great an ally IRON was, that they were not the IRON "of old", I get called a negative Nancy? by you who know none of the chats I had personally with members of IRON after they notified us, you sir speak from complete and utter ignorance of the situation, so crawl back to whence you came. [b](Goes to see if [font="Arial"][size="2"]The Sisters and Brothers of Different Mothers treaty [/size][/font]we have still exists, and Val didn't cancel that one).[/b]

[/quote]

Care to elaborate me as to your meaning there Hakim?

[quote name='Hakim' date='18 July 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1279502363' post='2378056']<snip>[/quote]

so the line "And yes, you can stop saying "we hope to be friends or remain friends", NATO and IRON as alliances are friends no more, that was your choice not ours." is something that you though wouldn't make you look like you're whining? Because that's exactly how i read it. There are venues where you can whine without ridicule, this isn't one of them.

No, I haven't read all the logs between you and IRON, as it's really not something i was concerning myself with. That doesn't mean i don't have some semblance of a clue. You're an official of NATO, yet you have no qualms coming out and blasting officials of AAs allied to your friends. You even decided to come back at me and tell me to "crawl back under my rock" and then make a snide comment about the Valhalla-NATO treaty. Did you WANT that canceled? Usually one doesn't start making such remarks unless they have such a goal. You're government, you speak for your AA by default, i hope you realize that. At the minimum, maybe you should refrain from posting here until you've cooled off.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='19 July 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1279499510' post='2377986']
Are you really trying to turn this into a semantics debate? "When push comes to shove" is a figure of speech -- you know that as well as I do. You also know that my statement had nothing to do with the number of threads being made.

I can't actually believe you watch someone turn their back on friends they had had for years and [i]applaud them for their efficiency![/i]
[/quote]

[quote name='bigwoody' date='19 July 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1279499633' post='2377991']
At this point if I didn't know any better I'd think you were just sore that the whole unified ex-Hegemony boogeyman is becoming less and less plausible.
[/quote]

I actually think that someone is worried about actually becoming the new 'hegemony' instead of just the joking that has gone on. That would be a legitimate concern of course. The old hegemony is no more after all.

[quote name='StevieG' date='19 July 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1279499639' post='2377992']
So treaties should stay forever?
[/quote]

BAD IDEA!!! Ask MHA how this one is working out. :lol1:

Edited by The Warrior

[quote name='heggo' date='18 July 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1279494579' post='2377899']
Yes. Actually look at them. IRON's treaty-less affection isn't universally unrequited, albeit it is not quite the situation I like to see.
[/quote]
No, you see that argument doesn't work for you because there are actually a lot of outraged responses from said alliances. That indicates their the mutual friendship is lacking.

[quote name='Drai' date='18 July 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1279503476' post='2378083']
No, you see that argument doesn't work for you because there are actually a lot of outraged responses from said alliances. That indicates their the mutual friendship is lacking.
[/quote]

Cmon Drai, we both know the avg soldier doesnt allways get info in a timely fashion from their .gov(if at all). So some of those posts could be attributed to that(though Ill grant you the .gov ones more then likely arent becuase they didnt know or had knowledge)

Edited by chefjoe

I would think at a minimum you would not post against an ally when the cancellations had nothing to do with NATO and Valhalla. I personally do not care how YOU read my post. And yes I will come back at you because you came at me, personally. ( the No U clause) Do not throw an insult at me and not expect return fire. Whining? really? there is no whining. Calling it what it is, a shock to me personally and to our alliance as a whole, and if the volume and tone of our remarks say anything it was that even with the three days, we are still in shock at IRON because we thought ourselves closer to them than they apparently were to us.

I appreciate your attempt to "school me" in the ways of FA, I know who I speak for and what I speak.

ChefJoe, no need to read into my comment, I have no fear that Valhalla would not pull a quickie.

[b]Legion
The Phoenix Federation
Echelon
Old Guard
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
United Purple Nations
The Aquatic Brotherhood [/b]

I bolded the alliances I agree and think you should have cancelled on. The unbolded ones I think you should've remained friends with.

[quote name='Hakim' date='18 July 2010 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1279503792' post='2378094']
ChefJoe, no need to read into my comment, I have no fear that Valhalla would not pull a quickie.
[/quote]

Intentional double negative here, Hakim?

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='18 July 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1279504170' post='2378105']
Intentional double negative here, Hakim?
[/quote]

Nope, just double tired...my grammar skills improve with sleep.

[quote name='Viridia' date='18 July 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1279503859' post='2378097']
[b]Legion
The Phoenix Federation
Echelon
Old Guard
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
United Purple Nations
The Aquatic Brotherhood [/b]

I bolded the alliances I agree and think you should have cancelled on. The unbolded ones I think you should've remained friends with.
[/quote]

They're all bolded. Unless that's the point.

Smart move, but a hard sell to those you canceled on.

And to those criticizing the friendship line: remember that friendship is mutual. IRON is saying that they intend to treat those alliances as friends and to maintain cordial relationships with them. Whether they reciprocate or not is up to them.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1279483712' post='2377692']
Admin forbid you stick with friends when they're no longer in power.
[/quote]

Don't you think this can be taken a couple ways? Keep on drinking the kool-aid everyone, it's good for you.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='18 July 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1279504633' post='2378116']
They're all bolded. Unless that's the point.
[/quote]

Congratulations, it seems as though you've been able to comprehend a joke.

Also known as a "funny ha ha".

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='18 July 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1279505752' post='2378143']
Congratulations, it seems as though you've been able to comprehend a joke.

Also known as a "funny ha ha".
[/quote]

You sure got me there. But keeping in mind I quoted a Viridian, I had to be certain.

[quote name='flak attack' date='18 July 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1279506607' post='2378156']
Wait, does anyone see the irony in IRON saying they would consider going in paperless for one of those alliances after they !@#$%*ed and moaned about Gre doing it?
[/quote]

Sorry, I must've missed the post. Care to bring it up?

[quote name='flak attack' date='18 July 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1279506607' post='2378156']
Wait, does anyone see the irony in IRON saying they would consider going in paperless for one of those alliances after they !@#$%*ed and moaned about Gre doing it?
[/quote]
Did they "!@#$%* and moan" about the Gramlins going paperless or did they "!@#$%* and moan" about the actions the Gramlins have taken since they have gone paperless?

Cancellations are never fun events; quite the contrary as most, if not all, of these I'm sure IRON was reluctant to severe, but sometimes for various reasons, but just like pruning a tree they sometimes need to be cut in order to help growth. I wish IRON good luck on their new path.

[quote name='flak attack' date='18 July 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1279506607' post='2378156']
[/quote]

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='18 July 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1279506922' post='2378159']
Did they "!@#$%* and moan" about the Gramlins going paperless or did they "!@#$%* and moan" about the actions the Gramlins have taken since they have gone paperless?
[/quote]

What Feanor says is besides the point, as this move is not a move of going paperless treaties.