IRON Notice

[quote name='Banksy' date='18 July 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1279492015' post='2377850']
My heart bleeds.

Also, what is up with all this 'independent' nonsense? [b]IRON still holds high level treaties with some of the more competent alliances on 'that side of things.'[/b] If this were a stockmarket, i'm sure the price of an IRON treaty would be climbing, but this isn't exactly a Gremlins (or rather, original IRON) move. Congratulations on your new policy, but as one alliance, this changes nothing. If this is the start of a wider movement, I will watch with baited breath~

Sad to see the end of the MCXA-IRON MDP, but good luck to you in your new direction.
[/quote]

I think that was a compliment Bansky.... :o

At least ill take it as one(even if it isnt, cuz thats how I roll) :P

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kochers' date='19 July 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1279500106' post='2378002']
Then why was IRON previously making the argument that their friendship was still very much alive. Besides the fact that their "friends" contradicted that statement.[/quote]

I can only assume that they still have friends in NATO, also I saw a NATO poster say he/she still has friends in IRON. Looks like their FA path doesnt match anymore, hence the drop.

[quote]
Except myself and other "ex-heg"ers agree with him. Next point, please.
[/quote]

So you agree that all ex-heg should rejoin together and ally with the NPO? Btw, Quinoa is a girl, and MK.

[quote name='StevieG' date='18 July 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1279499639' post='2377992']
So treaties should stay forever?
[/quote]
Nice spin you've got going on my words. When the friendship is there, there's no reason to cancel the treaty. Saying "well, we're friends with you, but we're [i]forging a new path[/i] so we're just going to scupper off. Nice knowing you, so long, thanks for all the fish!"

[i]Further away, atop a high, distant mountain was rooted to its a peak a tall, contorted oak of twisted branches that writhed outward toward the surrounding white horizon in every direction. Upon one of the higher ones sat Lezrahi, leaning his shoulder upon the lively wood. His right eye was hidden by the sniper scope attached to the long rifle in his hands, and his left ear was completely blanketed by some sort of mechanical device that looked surgically attached to his skin. It and his face were mostly hidden in the dark shadow of his long, brown, wavy hair.

Through the scope, he spied a man that he did not know. What data there was available indicted that he was a cyborg known only as a seemingly-incomprehensible series of characters: "dvdcchn." What the man's make and model was, Lezrahi could not determine with the current data alone. But it appeared that the cyborg acted as some sort of spokesperson for the Independent Republic of Orange Nations. As if to confirm this, the man stepped up to the public podium and held up a datapad, which he began to scrutinise. It did not take long for him to begin speaking in his semi-mechanical, yet remarkably human voice.

The device on Lezrahi's ear tapped into the cyborg's voice processor and delivered to him the contents of the announcement.

Lezrahi raised his eyebrows behind his hair. It concerned treaties to be canceled, and not only were they numerous, but comprised of several well-known and, in some circles, highly regarded names. Immediately, he suspected an ulterior motive.

But he was not one to seriously consider conspiracy theories most from the time. Either way, it was bold; very bold indeed.

He lowered the rifle, letting it rest upon his knee, and in that moment, a small gust of westerly wind blew his hair from his face, revealing completely the mechanical left side of it. The photoreceptor that was his left eye 'blinked' its shutter in tandem with his still organic right one, and he averted his gaze from the public, neutral ground district, toward the west. As the gust subsided, he detected a distinct, mysterious aftersmell, one that he knew well.

He smiled.[/i]

IRON hardly dropped every treaty and connection they've nurtured over the last few years, just a lot of them.

As for the negative Nancies: Some of the comments coming from those said alliances (I'm looking at you Hakim) seem to justify some of those cancellations in and of themselves. That aside, many of you would be just as critical and harsh had this been a post about IRON signing a new treaty with Pacifica.. which would be exactly what your arguments seem to be endorsing. You really shouldn't try to have it both ways, it's much easier to pick one and go with it.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='18 July 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1279499633' post='2377991']
At this point if I didn't know any better I'd think you were just sore that the whole unified ex-Hegemony boogeyman is becoming less and less plausible.
[/quote]
You do know better. The ex-Heg camp still exists -- it's smaller, but it's there; call it NPO & Friends if you want. The Bipolar War changed a lot of things, including poking a big stick through the ex-Heg side in some respects. This big, terrifying boogeyman you're talking about was never really a plausible story at all.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='19 July 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1279500600' post='2378014']
Nice spin you've got going on my words. When the friendship is there, there's no reason to cancel the treaty. Saying "well, we're friends with you, but we're [i]forging a new path[/i] so we're just going to scupper off. Nice knowing you, so long, thanks for all the fish!"
[/quote]

What do you do when FA paths start to diverge?

[quote name='Kochers' date='18 July 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1279500106' post='2378002']
It would be much more interesting :rolleyes: [/quote]

A lame way to try and disagree with this announcement in literally every way possible.

[quote]Except myself and other "ex-heg"ers agree with him. Next point, please.
[/quote]
That an ex-hegemony boogeyman exists? In any case, everyone has a different motivation behind their opinions, I'm not speaking towards your feelings on the matter here.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='19 July 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1279500971' post='2378023']
You do know better. The ex-Heg camp still exists -- it's smaller, but it's there; call it NPO & Friends if you want. The Bipolar War changed a lot of things, including poking a big stick through the ex-Heg side in some respects. This big, terrifying boogeyman you're talking about was never really a plausible story at all.
[/quote]

I dont see how the Bi-Polar war "poked a big stick through the Ex-Heg side".

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' date='18 July 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1279498898' post='2377973']
Good luck on your future path IRON. It was a good run.

There is way too much negativity and baseless speculation being done by parties not involved in this matter. Your opinions have never mattered, never will. But I am glad that this was able to put the smallest of spark into your thickened skulls if only for the day.

See ya around IRON o>
[/quote]

How do you do this Lenny? You summed up the entire thread in three sentences!

[quote name='StevieG' date='18 July 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1279500977' post='2378024']
[/quote]
As far as I'm aware, when you're friends, you talk about it and decide what to do. It certainly doesn't seem like a lot of conversation went on between allies here. If your FA paths are completely irreconcilable, or you're unable to communicate, sure, drop the treaty. Dropping them all at once after little to no debate is classless and impulsive.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1279500971' post='2378023']
[/quote]

yep, it was definitely the bi-polar that caused the rift.. keep telling yourself that.

Anyways, if treaties are forever, shouldn't membership in said alliances be too, ms. ex-TORN? If nothing ever changes, why are you happily flying a MK flag and attacking these moves instead of flying a TORN Flag and telling IRON that they aren't allowed to do anything that might shake your little boat?

Things change, perspectives change, it's not about cowardice, it's about how things are perceived. Unless we get to classify your change of sides as cowardice also.

edited for gender equality

Edited by Lord Levistus

[quote name='StevieG' date='18 July 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1279501205' post='2378030']
I dont see how the Bi-Polar war "poked a big stick through the Ex-Heg side".
[/quote]

What do you mean by that? You think ex-Heg is as tight now as before the war? :huh:

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='19 July 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1279501294' post='2378034']
As far as I'm aware, when you're friends, you talk about it and decide what to do. It certainly doesn't seem like a lot of conversation went on between allies here. If your FA paths are completely irreconcilable, or you're unable to communicate, sure, drop the treaty. Dropping them all at once after little to no debate is classless and impulsive.
[/quote]

Are you aware of Gov level talks? Didnt think so. Stop assuming, stop the hatting, its not becoming of you. Also, what Levi said above.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='18 July 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1279501305' post='2378035']
yep, it was definitely the bi-polar that caused the rift.. keep telling yourself that.

Anyways, if treaties are forever, shouldn't membership in said alliances be too, mr. ex-TORN? If nothing ever changes, why are you happily flying a MK flag and attacking these moves instead of flying a TORN Flag and telling IRON that they aren't allowed to do anything that might shake your little boat?

Things change, perspectives change, it's not about cowardice, it's about how things are perceived. Unless we get to classify your change of sides as cowardice also.
[/quote]
Did I say treaties were forever? No, my statements were directed towards the sentiment that treaties should be more valuable than it appears IRON holds theirs.

Also, can we please get my gender right? :(

[quote name='Lusitan' date='18 July 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1279485619' post='2377742']
That wouldn't make sense, TFD has little to no contact with most Duckroll - and tbh we never had - except with TORN with whom we inherited an ODP from Zenith.

In fact, outside PnL Train we only hold 3 binding treaties: NATO, NV and CIA.
[/quote]
A) You're mildly well liked outside of your immediate allies and could bring some much needed respect in

B) You're smart enough to know how to stay out of trouble and wouldn't bring any people that aren't smart enough to do the same through your treaties

[quote name='crazy canuck' date='18 July 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1279488078' post='2377786']
Two questions? Why are you trying to paint Duckroll as the next potential threat to CN peace (read a threat to the new hegemony that is SuperComplaints) and why are you trying to do that in the context of a thread in which IRON is decoupling itself from part of the treaty web?
[/quote]
A) I in no way said that. You assumed I was talking about that

B) Removing yourself from the treaty web doesn't by any stretch mean that you can't have a sphere of influence. GUARD was a sphere of influence, but was totally removed from the treaty web.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='19 July 2010 - 02:03 PM' timestamp='1279501400' post='2378036']
What do you mean by that? You think ex-Heg is as tight now as before the war? :huh:
[/quote]
I dont think the Bi-Polar war affected in any way the relationships between Ex-Heg (and im assuming this Ex-Heg tag [b]doesnt[/b] include the likes of MHA SPARTA FOK etc)

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1279501480' post='2378038']
[/quote]

lol, sorry, i do know, but i didn't for so long that it's out of habit.

I do the same with a couple other people.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1279501480' post='2378038']

[/quote]

No. And you will like it. [img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif[/img]

[quote name='StevieG' date='18 July 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1279501457' post='2378037']
Are you aware of Gov level talks? Didnt think so. Stop assuming, stop the hatting, its not becoming of you. Also, what Levi said above.
[/quote]
No, I'm not. I'm going on observation, like I said -- a few of these folks seem awfully shocked. More shocked than they should be, I think.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='18 July 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1279493926' post='2377886']
The persons that I was directing my post to were the persons that habitually made the RON joke over the past three or four years. If we assumed that they were correct, that IRON was not independent, then certainly a shift of this magnitude could not have been sanctioned by any fictitious overlord. Surely [i]this[/i]--the breaking of bonds that so many others have perceived as ensnaring puppet strings--must be an independent action.
[/quote]
Honestly, this is the exact move I've expected to see TOP urging IRON to make. You need time to rebuild and I don't think there's a lot of love between you guys and SF/CnG at the moment. That said, you guys don't like much of the ex-Heg group either and would presumably rather not get drawn into a war to defend most of them either.

[quote name='StevieG' date='18 July 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1279500977' post='2378024']
[/quote]
The same thing we did with your alliance after Karma. Continue to attempt to help the other alliance out until it's obvious that neither party wants the relationship to continue.