IRON Notice

[quote name='flak attack' date='18 July 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1279483265' post='2377677']
It's been quite obvious as of late that Duckroll is moving to take their immediate allies and form a separate power sphere from the other ex-Heg alliances. I would have thought they would try to bring NATO and TFD with them, but I assume they realized that even with all their faults, NATO and TFD do at least have an element of loyalty. Could end up putting NSO in a bad position in the future though.
[/quote]

Thank you for the compliment FA, happy to know even those we aren't on the best of terms with regards us as loyal to our allies. Even if you hate us in everything else we do, i'd rather be loyal than anything else

Edited by Warden

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='18 July 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1279483337' post='2377681']
Can we please place the word 'Hegemony' in a jar and bury it in the backyard...under a few feet of concrete beneath the new in ground pool? <_<
[/quote]

but i like that word, it was apt for so long it would be a shame to change it,

congrats on 4500 attempts to whine about something btw

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='18 July 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1279483337' post='2377681']
Can we please place the word 'Hegemony' in a jar and bury it in the backyard...under a few feet of concrete beneath the new in ground pool? <_<
[/quote]

I saw the movie Poltergeist! We will do no such thing, only to have the ghosts of the hegemony suck us into a giant TV!

[quote name='bcndwilson' date='18 July 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1279483200' post='2377674']
This is one of those things where times have changed and IRON must change with them. [b]No longer is the hegemony the power of the world.[/b] It was the time for IRON to move into this new world with more flexibility and options.
[/quote]
Admin forbid you stick with friends when they're no longer in power.

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1279483573' post='2377688']
but i like that word, it was apt for so long it would be a shame to change it,

congrats on 4500 attempts to whine about something btw
[/quote]

Oh look, he's trying to accuse me of whining...how precious. Would you like a cookie?

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='18 July 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1279483526' post='2377685']
It's amazing that the propaganda is [i]already[/i] starting that Duckroll, a bloc 1/6 the size of SF/CnG with a low ANS, is attempting to create a power sphere to rival SuperComplaints, just amazing.
[/quote]

where was it said that this power sphere would rival supercomplaints?

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1279483712' post='2377692']
[/quote]
And Admin forbid you have friends without treaties. I'll acknowledge that my Moldavi Doctrine, and the NSO's relationship with STA, might make me look at things differently than you, though.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='18 July 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1279483526' post='2377685']
It's amazing that the propaganda is [i]already[/i] starting that Duckroll, a bloc 1/6 the size of SF/CnG with a low ANS, is attempting to create a power sphere to rival SuperComplaints, just amazing.
[/quote]

I think it's less likely that they'd try to rival SG than that they'd try to stay out of politics for a while.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='18 July 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1279483526' post='2377685']
[/quote]
I never said it was being created to rival SF/CnG. You assumed I meant that. There are safe alternatives.

[quote name='heggo' date='18 July 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1279482991' post='2377668']
You can say the affection may be unrequited, but IRON's not lying- they intended no insult and were hoping a strong friendship would continue. Things may not have worked out as planned, and I feel bad to see two of my allies going through a hard strait, but their intentions were pure and I firmly believe that everything will work out in the end.
[/quote]

Heggo hits the nail on the head for this. And lol @ anyone egging on some sort of abandonment angle.

Edited by mythicknight

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1279483804' post='2377695']
where was it said that this power sphere would rival supercomplaints?
[/quote]
Reading between the lines. Every power bloc needs an enemy, and so a couple members (as in, nation members) in SF/CnG is already trying to build one up to meet the requirements.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='18 July 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1279483526' post='2377685']
[/quote]
Dearest rest of the world,

Please continue looking at Duckroll. Pay not attention to the men behind the Iron Curtain.

Sincerest thanks,
Heggo

Edited by heggo

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1279483712' post='2377692']
[/quote]

You are trying to spin this, as the rest of you are so keen on saying, this is not that big of a shift, it is in the sense that there is no formal treaty but we are still very connected to NATO and others on the treaty web.

[quote name='heggo' date='18 July 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1279483940' post='2377703']

Please continue looking at Duckroll. Pay not attention to the men in IC.

Sincerest thanks,
Heggo
[/quote]

SHUSH, YOU. Let me get my WRC first before you announce that!

[quote name='heggo' date='18 July 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1279483940' post='2377703']

Please continue looking at Duckroll. Pay not attention to the men behind the Iron Curtain.

Sincerest thanks,
Heggo
[/quote]

Amen Heggo

[quote name='heggo' date='18 July 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1279483827' post='2377697']
And Admin forbid you have friends without treaties. I'll acknowledge that my Moldavi Doctrine, and the NSO's relationship with STA, might make me look at things differently than you, though.
[/quote]

Perhaps you think we all just stepped off the turnip truck, I dont know. If they are such great friends, these treaties would still exist. You don't tell someone who is your friend, "i'm sorry, but we will be unable to defend you in the future, but we love you." Nobody is buying it. There is a reason for that. The very fact that this "we still love them" ruse is trying to be passed off, is an insult the collective intelligences of those us who will defend those we call FRIEND, without question, from now, until the frienfship dies.

[quote name='heggo' date='18 July 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1279483827' post='2377697']
[/quote]
That's almost totally irrelevant to what I said. The history between IRON and its allies versus NSO and STA is a tenuous comparison at best, and it sounds a lot like you're saying a treaty born of friendship should continue to exist only if it suits your politics. (I emphasize "born of friendship", that's the salient point here.)

[quote name='bcndwilson' date='18 July 2010 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1279483986' post='2377706']
You are trying to spin this, as the rest of you are so keen on saying, this is not that big of a shift, it is in the sense that there is no formal treaty but we are still very connected to NATO and others on the treaty web.
[/quote]
I'm only pointing out something that [i]you[/i] said. If you're so connected, why bother canceling?

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1279483712' post='2377692']
[/quote]
It was nearly a year and a half ago. Its hardly a kneejerk reaction.

[quote name='Believland' date='19 July 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1279484254' post='2377713']
Worked well for ODN. Maybe IRON is taking a lesson from them?
[/quote]

[i]Yes, treaties are being 'suspended' during extremely high-tension period with high certainty that war will occur within next few hours.[/i]

Oh pls, spare me.