Four Years of the Viridian Entente

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='15 July 2010 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1279232324' post='2373610']
Is the topic of this announcement relevant to this announcement? Yes. Mystery solved, turns out I didn't derail the thread after all, I'm completely on topic. On the other hand YOU'RE derailing this thread with flaming, and completely wrecking the celebratory spirit with your sniping. For the sake of the atmosphere, I won't tempt you by posting in this thread again. Suffice it to say, none of your attitude was called for.
[/quote]

I never said you derailed anything. You must have gotten that from the "because you have tried to turn this announcement into a topic in which it isn't." part. What I meant by that was VE created this thread to celebrate the anniversary of the date that the original Viridian Entente was established, you claimed this was a thread to celebrate four consecutive years of existence and then went on to say that VE was deceiving the masses by doing so. Do you see the difference here? You went after them because for trying to deceive someone when in their announcement the explicitly state exactly what they are celebrating. I mean really Goldie said everything he could to be clear that this Viridian holiday is to celebrate the first founding date of their alliance, and then went on to elaborate on what this announcement isn't. Dunno what more you want.

See I never said you were derailing anything, I just accused you of calling their holiday something that they have gone out of their way to assure that no one is confused.

If you can prove that VE was not first founded four years and a few days ago then I will admit that the Viridian Entente has been deceitful.

[OOC] In RL this is the equivalence of someone throwing a fit because Jesus wasn't born exactly on the 25th of December, or who knows this could actually be even more futile than that.[/OOC]

Alliances like VE with four years of acculturation and community building are what makes Bob so great.

VE, you guys are awesome. Your efforts to stabilize Green have been noticed and appreciated by (most) everyone.

o/ Green
o/ UJA
o/ VE
o/ Impero

A bit clumsy title.

[quote name='Rayvon' date='15 July 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1279230240' post='2373553']It's a celebration of 4 years of history - not of 4 years of consecutively living under your mindful eye of details and dates.[/quote]
Nonexistence does not accumulate history. There is no 4 years of history here.

It is (as Logan put it, and seems as the best answer yet to the posing question) a remembrance thread of an event which happened 4 years ago. Title is missed, and should be more akin to something like "4 years ago at this day" and not "Four Years of the Viridian Entente" as that would imply (as does the OP and your post) that you actually have 4 years. You do not. The "spirit" semantics (whatever it is suppose to mean) is just a poetic expression of the author irrelevant for the matter at hand of which I (and some others) speak.

Logan put it best, without any confusion. Congratulations on your remembrance day.

Congrats on wasting 4 years of your life :D

A very impressive year indeed. Without a doubt, you are probably the most powerful/influential alliance today.

All Hail Biggie :excl:

[img]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1434/biggiesmalls754221jpg.jpg[/img]

We had a lot of good and bad times, here's to all of the good times and to all of the times we had nothing but hope. Thank you to every Viridian who contributed to its war machine, its banks, its diplomatic corps, and most importantly of all to its culture.

As a side note I'd please like to ask people who want to discuss the "continuity" issue to please take it to another thread. Weather you are defending or baiting us, please.

Edited by Argin

[quote name='Branimir' date='15 July 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1279249614' post='2374023']Nonexistence does not accumulate history. There is no 4 years of history here.[/quote]

The average non-existence I would wholeheartedly agree.

Perhaps it is just a 'semantic' formed inside of us that have been through most of those 4 years - including the 3 months and 23 days (ty for the accuracy Tequila lol) - but I'm sure we'd all have to disagree in this case.

Regardless - it's a Viridian holiday. Not a Bob Holiday. Everyone should be enjoying the absinthe and having a great time. :)