Leaders during wartime

magicninja

Sleep? What's that?  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I recall, the last war broke out on a Thursday night and Thursday night is the night I came home from town one or two worse for the wear to find the place in anarchy. Man that was a fun fun night...

Averaging during the first few weeks was 5-7 hours of broken sleep a night, wake up at 5.30am for update and be back in bed by 6.15 to be back up by 7am. On co-ordination nights, maximum of 5 hours sleep. Damn you CN, damn you!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' date='09 July 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1278678603' post='2364692']
I always stay up to update during war.
[/quote]
Same here, but then again, during global conflicts the server is so busy that you can't even launch an attack.

Edit: I hate you lucky 10pm people!

Edited by BlkAK47002

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='10 July 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1278729224' post='2365409']
Same here, but then again, during global conflicts the server is so busy that you can't even launch an attack.

Edit: I hate you lucky 10pm people!
[/quote]
Most of Australia's update it at 3PM. :smug:

The first few days are the hardest, then things start to calm down usually.

I remember the first night of my first war, It was 3 AM and my wife walked in the room and asked if I was going to work in the morning, at 6 AM. I said yes and she asked why I was still up and I told her to be quiet I was busy running a war. She just rolled her eyes and said I was insane. :D

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='09 July 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1278713900' post='2365215']
I hate you so much, Feanor :mad:

You didn't have to chase dozens of alliances around, make target assignments for them, keep you from peace mode, and on top of that beat you up like I did, OK!! (but I did succeed in all of these, especially the last part :smug: )
[/quote]
Very true, however, who was the one who got hours and hours of beautiful sleep? :smug:

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='10 July 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1278777963' post='2365864']
Very true, however, who was the one who got hours and hours of beautiful sleep? :smug:
[/quote]

Not all of us need that much beauty sleep, Feanor.

You however, are ugly.

[size="7"]U
G
L
Y[/size]

You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!

The first night is usually pretty crazy although I'm like many and up past update most nights anyway.

And frankly, once you're in a nuclear war, update's a terrible time to attack, unless it's the only time you can coordinate with your fire team. (I guess I'm not much on the defense, I just prefer to do as much damage as I can while taking my lumps as a cost of doing business.)

[quote name='Randalla' date='09 July 2010 - 03:55 AM' timestamp='1278662113' post='2364587']
My timezone is kind to me as far as updates go, but I usually average around 3 hours of sleep regardless of whether war is going on or not.

So 3 hours or less, just another day for me. ;)
[/quote]
Damn gurl you crazy.

6-9 in the last war. Only that kept me up is because Corrupt loves to pillow talk [img]http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/emot-argh.gif[/img]

I was the Secretary of Defense for R&R through a bunch of wars starting with GWIII, and no I didn't sleep much. I actually used sick time at work twice or three times, as well....but I have a pretty forgiving schedule when it comes to that.

[quote name='Gofastleft' date='10 July 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1278776252' post='2365836']
The first few days are the hardest, then things start to calm down usually.

I remember the first night of my first war, It was 3 AM and my wife walked in the room and asked if I was going to work in the morning, at 6 AM. I said yes and she asked why I was still up and I told her to be quiet I was busy running a war. She just rolled her eyes and said I was insane. :D
[/quote]

Taking a trip in the way back machine with this post.

Edited by Viking

[quote name='Viking' date='11 July 2010 - 07:08 AM' timestamp='1278850121' post='2366883']
I was the Secretary of Defense for R&R through a bunch of wars starting with GWIII, and no I didn't sleep much. I actually used sick time at work twice or three times, as well....but I have a pretty forgiving schedule when it comes to that.

Taking a trip in the way back machine with this post.
[/quote]

yep, over 3 years ago, and she no longer thinks I am insane, she is now convinced of it. :lol1: