Is this what CN is coming to?

Fernando12

People complain about the game being boring but I can only point to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88607"]THIS[/url] and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88560"]THIS[/url] as to why there is very little excitement for long periods of times. There is a CN2 topic about a reset or second world spicing up the game. There is a blog about it too. There are people making topics about the good ole days. Well, the only ones to blame for the boring 6 month++ long periods nothingness in the game is each and every one of us that don't do anything.

Competitions for what I don't even know what the hell NSO and CSN are doing there. They don't like each other so they write about it? And they write reviews on each others newsletter and get other people to also review them to see who won? What happened to just clicking the declare war button and settling things in the in game battlefield. Have at it and have fun fighting each other in game and don't bring your allies if your afraid of a world war, just fight it out 1v1 alliance v alliance.

Edited by Fernando12

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' date='07 July 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1278541905' post='2362808']
People complain about the game being boring but I can only point to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88607"]THIS[/url] and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88560"]THIS[/url] as to why there is very little excitement for long periods of times. There is a CN2 topic about a reset or second world spicing up the game. There is a blog about it too. There are people making topics about the good ole days. Well, the only ones to blame for the boring 6 month++ long periods nothingness in the game is each and every one of us that don't do anything.

Competitions for what I don't even know what the hell NSO and CSN are doing there. They don't like each other so they write about it? And they write reviews on each others newsletter and get other people to also review them to see who won? [b]What happened to just clicking the declare war button and settling things in the in game battlefield. Have at it and have fun fighting each other in game and don't bring your allies if your afraid of a world war, just fight it out 1v1 alliance v alliance.[/b]
[/quote]

Then DO it. Don't just talk about it.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='07 July 2010 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1278542442' post='2362814']
Then DO it. Don't just talk about it.
[/quote]

Yes, I realized the irony as I was writing but people should get the jist about what I mean.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='07 July 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1278541905' post='2362808']
What happened to just clicking the declare war button and settling things in the in game battlefield. Have at it and have fun fighting each other in game and don't bring your allies if your afraid of a world war, just fight it out 1v1 alliance v alliance.
[/quote]
Most alliances are afraid of a fair fight. They either want conditions imposed to protect their infra or they will only fight in a lopsided war. We should just pick sides with 2 alliances taking turns to pick who will be on their team. When the world is split in 2 some shouts go and we fight until we get bored. No friends, no allies, no infra hugging just mayhem, madness & a ballanced fight.

So what the OP is getting at is he wants rolled to spice up things?

On topic now...you realize how ironic it is that you're !@#$%*ing about those who !@#$%* that CN is boring. a few forus below this one theres a suggestion box...learn to use it

[quote name='wickedj' date='07 July 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1278542953' post='2362827']
So what the OP is getting at is he wants rolled to spice up things?

On topic now...you realize how ironic it is that you're !@#$%*ing about those who !@#$%* that CN is boring. a few forus below this one theres a suggestion box...learn to use it
[/quote]

Yeah, I already said I realize the irony about me writing about this. The suggestion box you are referring to is for in game mechanics and not the crap you guys and NSO did rather than just fighting each other in game to settle what ever issues you have with each other.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='07 July 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1278543365' post='2362832']
Yeah, I already said I realize the irony about me writing about this. The suggestion box you are referring to is for in game mechanics and not the crap you guys and NSO did rather than just fighting each other in game to settle what ever issues you have with each other.
[/quote]

That's the thing, there isn't really any issue between us deserving of war at this point. They challenged us to a newsletter contest and so SOM responded, where along this line should we have declared war? :huh:

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='07 July 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1278543764' post='2362844']
That's the thing, there isn't really any issue between us deserving of war at this point. They challenged us to a newsletter contest and so SOM responded, where along this line should we have declared war? :huh:
[/quote]

Oh shut up and declare war!

I'm fairly sure that CSN and NSO aren't so much bitter enemies as foils for their own entertainment. And if you want to spend the summer randomly grinding someone into the dust, join TE...the only challenge there is remembering which alliances you're supposed to be fighting at any given time.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='07 July 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1278543764' post='2362844']
[/quote]
If you all don't hate each other enough then war is not necessary I guess. I don't think people are seeing my main point here about how we all talk way too much rather than do more in game.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='07 July 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1278543774' post='2362845']
This is dumb. I don't know about you, but I'm not here for a war sim, I'm here for a political simulator. Wars happen naturally, not because someone else is bored.
[/quote]
Ok, sure thats exactly how wars happen. Like it or not, wars drive the very existence of this game. Why then is forum activity at its peak during wars? If people were here for political simming then the forums would be over loaded now since peace time is when the most politiking is going on? But its not the case is it Chey, so sorry you are wrong.

You have to be the change you want to see. I know that sounds corny, but it's true. Really put yourself into the shoes of a leader of a nation and think about it. Very few people who are [s]great[/s] leaders ever wanted a moderate legacy. Imagine the hubris and ambition of those who think they are fit to lead and improve the standing of their followers.

To pull just a single example out of a rather large hat:

[b]Winston Churchill: [i]History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.[/i][/b]

Bold words. And even bolder sentiment.

I think every person should be plotting and scheming on how to advance their alliance, bloc, friends, or at least their own image. There is a finite amount of the important resources (i.e. warm bodies) so at all times you must think of how to get those bodies from other alliances into your own, or otherwise subjugate them to your ends.

Whether by conquest or stratagem.

If I had even a moderately reliable access to the internet, that's what I'd be doing.

Go for it.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='08 July 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1278544413' post='2362857']
If you all don't hate each other enough then war is not necessary I guess. I don't think people are seeing my main point here about how we all talk way too much rather than do more in game.

Ok, sure thats exactly how wars happen. Like it or not, wars drive the very existence of this game. Why then is forum activity at its peak during wars? If people were here for political simming then the forums would be over loaded now since peace time is when the most politiking is going on? But its not the case is it Chey, so sorry you are wrong.
[/quote]

So you're okay with people attacking people they dislike, as it brings more entertainment?

1v1 man v man and so forth.

And people should just butt out, no other alliance involvements and chaining treaties and stuff?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='New Frontier' date='08 July 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1278543774' post='2362845']
This is dumb. I don't know about you, but I'm not here for a war sim, I'm here for a political simulator. Wars happen naturally, not because someone else is bored.
[/quote]

I agree with this.

Wars are entertaining for more reasons than just the ingame wars.

Edited by Ryuzaki

[quote name='Fernando12' date='07 July 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1278544413' post='2362857']
[/quote]

Wars stripped of political context are still somewhat entertaining in their own right, but repetitive. It's the breathless anticipation that sucks people in more than the fighting itself...OWF activity tends to be at its highest when there's a chance of a cancellation, or declaration of war, or something else that provides fodder for speculation. Simply lining alliances up and having them smash into each other -- even if there is some underlying tension -- doesn't really produce that same result.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='07 July 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1278541905' post='2362808']

Competitions for what I don't even know what the hell NSO and CSN are doing there. They don't like each other so they write about it? And they write reviews on each others newsletter and get other people to also review them to see who won? What happened to just clicking the declare war button and settling things in the in game battlefield. Have at it and have fun fighting each other in game and don't bring your allies if your afraid of a world war, just fight it out 1v1 alliance v alliance.
[/quote]

I cant count the number of times Ive had a conversation about this on IRC. While a 1v1 alliance war would be fun and all, I dont foresee an alliance getting the !@#$ beaten out of them without calling in help, or in the very least, having there allies join there AA for the fun. Looking as CSN's chart would be kinda cool after all of Superfriends joined them.

Then you come to the other theory that people dont want to lose there infra. I'm not a infra hugger in the least bit, but I will admit that watching 2 weeks of buying go to waste in 2 days of attacks isn't my idea of awesome.

As for making our own fun, 4 of us went to war with Mafia for awhile, that was fun for both sides, and in the end, we just walked away, no bothersome reps to pay, just the rebuilding process.