Congrats Legion!

SiCkO

[quote name='lmcfalcon12' date='30 June 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1277926803' post='2355499']
What?

Hey let's play a game! Anyone who's NOT in a sanctioned alliance, stop posting in this thread! That means we can probably remove 6 of the 8 pages of replies. Thanks for playing and come again.
[/quote]
I'd much prefer to be a decent alliance in size that could actually win wars, instead of rolling down a hill, much like....a paper tiger.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='30 June 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1277929329' post='2355589']
GOONS is only a year old (yours is four years old and took all this time to get a sanction), and will be sanctioned themselves before the year is out. GOD is small and well-organized by design. Either is an infinitely better alliance than your own, sorry.
[/quote]

Your words are kind sir.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats legion first off dont know you at all seem alright infra<friends for sure but alliance>rest of the world so grats.
im not an active poster(not even on the alliacne forums) im active in game, on irc during wars n stuff but damnnn both sides of the political spectrum !@#$%* soo goddamn much im wondering how many other dudes like me are totally discouraged from the OWF by mindless posters who post the first "witty" thing they can think of...kinda pathetic.

most of you are a pack of <ModEdit>. <-----note the period please n thank u.

cheers
shrooms(the one n only) not the whole alliance. quality over quantity n such :P<---jokes no hatemail please goddamn.

Edited by Eric Cantona

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='29 June 2010 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1277843831' post='2354301']
MASH was inactive I wouldn't argue with that, but that shouldn't have to take away from us congratulating an Alliance that after losing a war, came out stronger in comparison than many of us, and then has been threatening get sanction for some time. Finally an alliance decides to disband and because of the respect they have for Legion choose to join them.
[/quote]

Thank goodness someone is talking sense in this thread. This wasn't some huge scheme to gain sanction, it's just the way the game played out. The trolls should get over it; merging with M*A*S*H was something we had been trying to do for a long time. I am proud of my alliance and also happy for our new M*A*S*H friends. I would like to state that I am very sorry that our sanction had to come at the expense of GATO, however. I have always liked GATO and I have no doubt that they will achieve sanction again. Here's to you guys, and fast growth.

I swear, we seem to be a lightning rod for emotionally charged threads. No other alliance seems to bring out more love and hatred than the Legion. It's been that way as long as I can remember. At least we aren't lukewarm. At least we aren't irrelevant. We evoke emtion and impact the game. Which is the whole point I guess.

Thanks Hymenbreach, for that awesome post. That was very sporting of you.

I am sure we could go back and forth arguing the merits and mistakes of The Legion through the years. However, what matters is the present. What matters is today. I am proud of us gaining sanction and nobody can argue that we aren't a resiliant and tight-knit bunch. Our forums are a wonderfully active and supportive place to hang out. And I think this partly due to the fact that we always seem to have a target on us for the mistakes that our brothers have made in the past. Being despised and/or ridiculed in one's own congratulatory thread tends to have a bonding effect on people. Whatever. Evidently, we will continue to annoy and provoke you naysayers with our simple existence (and pip).

I think this thread and other one's like it have proven that no lengthy conversation concerning Legion can ever exist on these forums without skeletons being dragged out from the closet and largely irrelevent history being thrown out as insults as if these incidents had any bearing on current day politics. What would the trolls have us do? We cannot change the past. We can only move forward. Times change, power shifts, leaders are replaced, members leave, members join. All we can do is study history and learn from it.

I say let the sanctioned alliance list speak for itself and let disputes be settled on the battlefield. Im ready to make some more history.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='30 June 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1277930292' post='2355622']
Actually, Umbrella could do very little damage to legion. They would at best ZI their top nations in their range, and then keep legion from ever getting a nation above 40k NS again.
[/quote]

Taking pride in how bad you are speaks plenty about your alliance.

[quote name='Shrooms' date='01 July 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1277971287' post='2356437']
congrats legion first off dont know you at all seem alright infra<friends for sure but alliance>rest of the world so grats.
im not an active poster(not even on the alliacne forums) im active in game, on irc during wars n stuff but damnnn both sides of the political spectrum !@#$%* soo goddamn much im wondering how many other dudes like me are totally discouraged from the OWF by mindless posters who post the first "witty" thing they can think of...kinda pathetic.

most of you are a pack of pus sies. <-----note the period please n thank u.

cheers
shrooms(the one n only) not the whole alliance. quality over quantity n such :P<---jokes no hatemail please goddamn.
[/quote]

This is a gem of a post. I feel like tucking it in and putting it under my pillow when i go to bed.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='30 June 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1277930220' post='2355620']
I heard you guys were worried about me and wondering if I could be considered the average MKer :smug:
[/quote]

oh

well carry on i suppose /popcorn

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 June 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1277861746' post='2354657']
[color="#0000FF"]I hate to agree with MK here, but Legion is a pretty bad alliance. Your leadership has always been of the lowest caliber, and you haven't even been independent for years. Of course you're not the only alliance guilty of that, nor are you the only one of that type of alliance to be sanctioned (hello Sparta). However, just because you got a sanction in spite of your collective incompetence does not mean that people must congratulate you. Personally I am a little annoyed. There are many alliances much more deserving of sanctioned status than you.[/color]
[/quote]

Rebel Virginia - I sincerely request that you cease to refer to the low caliper (OH GOD, I CAN'T EVEN SPELL CALIBER) to which I lead my alliance. I'm trying really really really really [b]really[/b] hard to make myself look bad, and if you keep insulting me, you will make my job so much harder.

Congrats, Legion. It's an achievement. (Highly overrated as it may be.)

Wine and Pipe Tobacco at my place - we may be posh now.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='01 July 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1278009603' post='2356881']
Rebel Virginia - I sincerely request that you cease to refer to the low caliper (OH GOD, I CAN'T EVEN SPELL CALIBER) to which I lead my alliance. I'm trying really really really really [b]really[/b] hard to make myself look bad, and if you keep insulting me, you will make my job so much harder.

Congrats, Legion. It's an achievement. (Highly overrated as it may be.)

Wine and Pipe Tobacco at my place - we may be posh now.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, he is right. Our kings suck, they have the ephors in their pockets, and we elders are powerless to stop their terrible rule and subservient FA policies. :(

Also, Congrats.

Edited by Unholy

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 June 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1277861746' post='2354657']
just because you got a sanction in spite of your collective incompetence does not mean that people must congratulate you. Personally I am a little annoyed. There are many alliances much more deserving of sanctioned status than you.
[/quote]
One could actually argue that it was BECAUSE of collective incompetence that they gained sanction. But i still disagree, RV :v:

[quote name='Shoofly' date='01 July 2010 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1277974028' post='2356455']
Thank goodness someone is talking sense in this thread. This wasn't some huge scheme to gain sanction, it's just the way the game played out. The trolls should get over it; merging with M*A*S*H was something we had been trying to do for a long time. I am proud of my alliance and also happy for our new M*A*S*H friends. I would like to state that I am very sorry that our sanction had to come at the expense of GATO, however. I have always liked GATO and I have no doubt that they will achieve sanction again. Here's to you guys, and fast growth.

I swear, we seem to be a lightning rod for emotionally charged threads. No other alliance seems to bring out more love and hatred than the Legion. It's been that way as long as I can remember. At least we aren't lukewarm. At least we aren't irrelevant. We evoke emtion and impact the game. Which is the whole point I guess.

Thanks Hymenbreach, for that awesome post. That was very sporting of you.

I am sure we could go back and forth arguing the merits and mistakes of The Legion through the years. However, what matters is the present. What matters is today. I am proud of us gaining sanction and nobody can argue that we aren't a resiliant and tight-knit bunch. Our forums are a wonderfully active and supportive place to hang out. And I think this partly due to the fact that we always seem to have a target on us for the mistakes that our brothers have made in the past. Being despised and/or ridiculed in one's own congratulatory thread tends to have a bonding effect on people. Whatever. Evidently, we will continue to annoy and provoke you naysayers with our simple existence (and pip).

I think this thread and other one's like it have proven that no lengthy conversation concerning Legion can ever exist on these forums without skeletons being dragged out from the closet and largely irrelevent history being thrown out as insults as if these incidents had any bearing on current day politics. What would the trolls have us do? We cannot change the past. We can only move forward. Times change, power shifts, leaders are replaced, members leave, members join. All we can do is study history and learn from it.

I say let the sanctioned alliance list speak for itself and let disputes be settled on the battlefield. Im ready to make some more history.
[/quote]

Probably the most convincing argument I've seen in this thread, and well stated. Despite all of our many differences and quarrels, congratulations.

Oh, and you're going to lose sanction, and I'm going to personally play a role in bringing that about :ph34r:

Am I joking? Perhaps...I guess you'll just have to wait and see :awesome:

[i]/me looks at 'All Alliances Display'.[/i]

First and foremost, congrats to Legion.

Now for the Legion haters, you do realize that in all likelihood IRON will be back to sanction level eventually and that Legion will get bumped, right? <_<

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='01 July 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1278030802' post='2357209']
[i]/me looks at 'All Alliances Display'.[/i]

First and foremost, congrats to Legion.

Now for the Legion haters, you do realize that in all likelihood IRON will be back to sanction level eventually and that Legion will get bumped, right? <_<
[/quote]
My one regret is that it's not GATO.

Ok, one regret in relation to this issue.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='29 June 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1277854989' post='2354517']
I'm a member of the [i]Mushroom Kingdom[/i]. Please, say that again to me.
[/quote]
He means it, and he's not wrong. MK's had some opposition but Legion's had a whole lot more.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='29 June 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1277861753' post='2354658']
You even tried to disband instead![/quote]
Your ally pezstar, over in STA, did that, actually. Hymen is the guy who stopped the disbandment. All the gov members who agreed to the disbandment left Legion during the crisis, most went to STA.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='30 June 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1277930459' post='2355630']
no, seriously, Legion still exist? You're not just making this up to amuse me?

[spoiler]guys, the joke is that Legion are really really boring. Being large and boring does not stop you being boring[/spoiler]
[/quote]
There are criticisms I can come up with for Legion in my years of being on Purple. Boring isn't one of them. Oh lord.

Congrats, Legion. The last few months have been ironic in the extreme, but still this is an accomplishment, in fortitude if nothing else.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='01 July 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1278043533' post='2357395']
He means it, and he's not wrong. MK's had some opposition but Legion's had a whole lot more.
[/quote]
Do you honestly think that?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='01 July 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1278046005' post='2357456']
Yes. You guys don't have even a small part of the picture of what they've been through.
[/quote]
Usually when you say things like this I just assume you're uninformed, but please tell of what both alliances have been through.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 June 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1277861746' post='2354657']
[color="#0000FF"]I hate to agree with MK here, but Legion is a pretty bad alliance. Your leadership has always been of the lowest caliber, and you haven't even been independent for years. Of course you're not the only alliance guilty of that, nor are you the only one of that type of alliance to be sanctioned (hello Sparta). However, just because you got a sanction in spite of your collective incompetence does not mean that people must congratulate you. Personally I am a little annoyed. There are many alliances much more deserving of sanctioned status than you.[/color]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"]Apparently, those deserving alliances didn't meet the minimum score.[/color]

[quote name='IronsightSniper' date='01 July 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1278052294' post='2357520']
[color="#9932CC"]Apparently, those deserving alliances didn't meet the minimum score.[/color]
[/quote]
You showed em! herf

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='02 July 2010 - 05:17 AM' timestamp='1278029814' post='2357198']
One could actually argue that it was BECAUSE of collective incompetence that they gained sanction. But i still disagree, RV :v:
[/quote]

I'm assuming you're talking about Sparta since you're sporting the sig. Anyway,

Gratz Legion! Haters gonna hate.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='02 July 2010 - 05:47 AM' timestamp='1278046005' post='2357456']
Yes. You guys don't have even a small part of the picture of what they've been through.
[/quote]
I have to disagree, of course Legion has had to deal with a lot at certain points. But it is patently unfair to belittle MK's own history considering that at crucial times the Shrooms had a bigass jackboot hanging over their collective heads, and i am sure you remember this as well as i do.

Now unlike others i will not belittle Legion's history either (truth be told i am rather sentimental about Legion and Orrple...and i will probably cop some flack for that) and the fact that Legion is still standing is a testament to their members resolve and determination to survive. Sure i may not agree with their present political direction/set of loyalties but I for one wish them all the best. Congratz Legion with your sanction, may you continue to go from strength to strength.

With regards from a sentimental old fool,
Cata.

Edited by Cataduanes