BAPS response to UPN

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='10 June 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1276203636' post='2332047']
2. All of BAPS v All of UPN [color="#ff0000"]No. I have no desire to smash all of BAPS. I do, however want to set a specific number of nations. UPN will not engage in a duel with an alliance with about 1/8 the members.[/color] [color="#ff0000"]How about 20 vs 20?[/color][/quote]

Don't worry about the Stats, we are more than happy with the odds. It's also a good job you don't have the desire to smash all of BAPS, as you don't have the capability either.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='10 June 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1276203636' post='2332047']
[b]9. The terms of this are fair and not up for negotiation, take it or leave it.[/b]
[/quote]

Bolded in case it wasn't plain enough first time round.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='10 June 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1276203938' post='2332055']You have a poor understanding of history.[/quote]
Then we must agree to disagree. But if you'd like to discuss this further (as it has little bearing here), I'm generally available on IRC.

2. All of BAPS v All of UPN [color="#ff0000"]No. I have no desire to smash all of BAPS. I do, however want to set a specific number of nations. UPN will not engage in a duel with an alliance with about 1/8 the members.[/color] [color="#ff0000"]How about 20 vs 20?[/color][/quote]

Sitting back and watching friends or allies burn with no intention of intervening might be the modus operandi of some but we are one in all in......(c)

......(c)
coryright 10/06/2010

[quote name='Magister Agricolarum' date='10 June 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1276203460' post='2332041']
2007 called and is laughing hysterically.
[/quote]

Forget that, I called and am laughing hysterically.

[quote]2. All of BAPS v All of UPN No. I have no desire to smash all of BAPS. I do, however want to set a specific number of nations. UPN will not engage in a duel with an alliance with about 1/8 the members. How about 20 vs 20?[/quote]

-doubles over-

Showing a lot of spine there, UPN.

Edited by Xiphosis

Interesting, and thank you for the response, Lukemos.

1. 100% of both alliances member nations must be in war mode for the entire duration of the exercise. [color="#ff0000"]This will never happen for UPN. But it could happen for a given number of UPN nations.[/color]
2. All of BAPS v All of UPN [color="#ff0000"]No. I have no desire to smash all of BAPS. I do, however want to set a specific number of nations. UPN will not engage in a duel with an alliance with about 1/8 the members.[/color] [color="#ff0000"]How about 20 vs 20?[/color]
3. Full Nuclear Apocalypse
4. No outside aid or intervention
5. No treaties triggered
6. No Ghosts
7. War to last 30 days or can be curtailed with mutual agreement prior to the 30 days being up. [color="#ff0000"]A war cycle is plenty.[/color]
8. Commence 1st July
9. The terms of this are fair and not up for negotiation, take it or leave it.

UPN has a policy of protecting caspers (friendly ghosts) ... while we protect them we do not give them orders that they must be in war or peace mode. It is not possible for 100% of UPN to be in war mode and I think you knew that when you proposed that term.

It is not my desire to send even 1/4th of UPN into a duel with BAPS. The entire alliance participating does not equal a duel.

A duel is typically a gentlemen's agreement wherein both parties use the same weapon(s). A duel would also have the same numbers on each side.
[/quote]

A duel is nothing more than a pre-arranged fight between two persons or groups, normally to settle a point of honour or contention, fairness has absolutely nothing to do with the battle if the term wasn't already pre-agreed in the arrangement. Using your policy of protecting your ghosts to whimper out of this is comical. Grow some stones and put your money where your mouth is, what are you so worried about?

BAPS I love you.

[quote name='D34th' date='10 June 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1276204656' post='2332079']
UPN has an great advantage what would be unfair unless BAPS are amazing super ultra warriors.
[/quote]
Or if UPN turn out to be completely terrible warriors.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='10 June 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1276203224' post='2332033']
I think this is a bad idea. I've seen enough "friendly duels" end friendship between two alliances and create animosity. I'd advise you both to reconsider this idea.
[/quote]
Who said it's friendly? :P

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='10 June 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1276204553' post='2332076']
Forget that, I called and am laughing hysterically.

-doubles over-

Showing a lot of spine there, UPN.
[/quote]
Ah, I know the onlookers will place their own take on the meaning of this proposal but the facts are that I proposed a duel, not a war.
I proposed it to get BAPS and UPN on to something that is current and not ancient history. I know BAPS hates UPN but I do not hate BAPS.

As a concerned friend of both alliances, I am dismayed by these developments. A nuclear barrage from both sides will do no one any favours, and will certainly hurt the vast majority of Purple. We're not just talking about using nukes to settle a grudge between the flag alliance of Pegasus and one of Purple's most populous alliances. We're talking about stunting the growth of hundreds of Purple nations.

Let's be sensible about this. If BAPS wants to be the champion of Purple Unity, they should scale their proposals back.

[quote name='Smartypants' date='10 June 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1276205029' post='2332095']
Who said it's friendly? :P
[/quote]

Meh, it's still a silly idea to lose some of your nation strength when there is no need to do so.

[quote name='President Obama' date='10 June 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1276205023' post='2332093']
Or if UPN turn out to be completely terrible warriors.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I would not be surprised to learn if this were indeed true, and I already know BAPS is quite good. A small alliance, highly coordinated. I would place my money on them.[/color]

[quote name='chefjoe' date='10 June 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1276202292' post='2332006']
I approve 100% of this message from our purple compadres...

also, you dont mind if I ghost you guys awhile do ya BAPS? ;)
[/quote]
I say we do a temp merger with BAPS for the duration of 49 days that way UPN doesnt feel like it has such an advantage of numbers.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='10 June 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1276202359' post='2332010']
^
that's not you, it's "nobody expects" or something

Valhallan literacy rates are at an all time low I see.
[/quote]
Interesting MK comming in here to defend really arent your noses placed better elsewhere. Do you really have to be in every debate or thread firing tired pot shots. Move along please.

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Atlashill' date='10 June 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1276205235' post='2332101']
Let's be sensible about this. If BAPS wants to be the champion of Purple Unity, they should scale their proposals back.
[/quote]

I would remind you it was UPN issuing the rash challenges that brought us here, not BAPS. And the offer is non negotiable, being as it is fair and all inclusive.

Edited by Nobody Expects

[quote name='Atlashill' date='10 June 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1276205235' post='2332101']
As a concerned friend of both alliances, I am dismayed by these developments. A nuclear barrage from both sides will do no one any favours, and will certainly hurt the vast majority of Purple. We're not just talking about using nukes to settle a grudge between the flag alliance of Pegasus and one of Purple's most populous alliances. We're talking about stunting the growth of hundreds of Purple nations.

[/quote]

It's only for 30 days and BAPS will be to busy watching to world cup to perform to the best of their ability.

[/quote]

I agree. That'll presumeably be put down to "realpolitik" :P, but if we all sit back for a moment the only real loser in all of this will be Purple.

So...BAPS, how about the Altheus vs. BAPS extravaganza instead? I'm serious, check out my zero navy, it'll be fun :ehm: