BAPS response to UPN

[quote name='Banksy' date='10 June 2010 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1276208751' post='2332211']
You're not great with the whole "reading comprehension" thing, are you? If an ODNer would refuse to back BAPS, and would only back UPN then, regardless of who wins the war, we could not 'pick' the winning side as we would always pick UPN, [b]win or lose[/b].
[/quote]

Perhaps I failed English, but you apparently have failed history.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPN is officially the least honorable alliance on planet Bob, you can mark today on your calender friends. Im glad we could all share in this moment. It is sad to see an alliance you like lose so much respect so quickly but be totally deserving of it :(

[quote name='jimbacher' date='10 June 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1276208599' post='2332205']
Not true, you can put your own nation into anarchy...
[/quote]

I bow to your superior wisdom..i overlooked the possibility of complete ignorance causing self-inflicted drain bamage

[quote name='goldielax25' date='10 June 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1276208342' post='2332196']
Let's face it, purple unity isn't exactly built on a backbone of high warchests and strong fighting ability.
[/quote]
Somebody's never fought BAPS here :v:

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='10 June 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1276208738' post='2332209']
Why are people all in a huff about GRL when BAPS has only like 200 nukes?
[/quote]
Examine term 8 and then check BAPS' wonder stats <_<

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='10 June 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1276208933' post='2332220']
Except for the first term, it seems reasonable. UPN can't be expected to get 100% war mode, but they could get close.
[/quote]

I agree with that. I think the purpose of that term was to prevent against cycling people into PM when they need to collect without anarchy, restock on nukes, or just get away after WC depletion and general war fatigue. That part of the term I can understand. Perhaps term 1 could be rephrased to reflect the spirit behind it.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='10 June 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1276208562' post='2332203']
Really? you and I 1v1? Per your request? no outside hassles?

I just want to understand your offer here :)
[/quote]

Naturally, what day is good for you? :P

[quote name='Kubla Khan' date='10 June 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1276209102' post='2332225']
UPN is officially the least honorable alliance on planet Bob, you can mark today on your calender friends. Im glad we could all share in this moment. It is sad to see an alliance you like lose so much respect so quickly but be totally deserving of it :(
[/quote]

Because they don't want to enter an unfair war (technically the numbers are against BAPS)? Well dang if fighting a smaller alliance for the hell of it is how you gain honor then there are some very "honorable" alliances around here.

[quote name='jimbacher' date='10 June 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1276208899' post='2332216']
Perhaps I failed English, but you apparently have failed history.
[/quote]

Is it fun being the only one left on the "HAR ODN DOESN'T HONOR TREATIES!" bandwagon?

HERE'S THE PROPOSAL!!! UPN gets one nation, then BAPS must get another nation to sell all of their infra, burn their WC, and destroy their nukes until the two nations are COMPLETELY even! That's what I meant by a gentlemen's duel!

[quote name='darkfox' date='10 June 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1276209762' post='2332239']
Because they don't want to enter an unfair war (technically the numbers are against BAPS)? Well dang if fighting a smaller alliance for the hell of it is how you gain honor then there are some very "honorable" alliances around here.
[/quote]

I can tell you support UPN for obvious reasons. (I can go more into detail if you wish. :) ) But give me a break, as I see it, UPN was acting all bad $@! then BAPS called them on it. They laid some terms out for a duel, And now UPN backs out? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

[quote name='MCRABT' date='10 June 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1276206035' post='2332127']
It's not a War, War would be levying physical force upon a sovereign entity without any terms or conditions in order to achieve a certain goal or objective. There are quite clear terms and conditions laid out and unlike war, you have a choice as to whether or not you wish to accept the challenge.
[/quote]

I agree with Peggy Sue here. The terms in this case are just being discussed prior to the war as opposed to after. Also, once peace terms are discussed there is always the choice whether or not to accept.

BAPS has said here's the terms - take or leave them and UPN has said "no thank you." Looks like the offer has been made without room for a counter offer and rejected. Everything beyond this point is simple baiting from one side or another.

Later all B-)

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='10 June 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1276210106' post='2332250']
Anyone wanna place a wager that BAPS win this if it goes down with the current terms?

i'll put 200 tech on it
[/quote]
I'm willing to put 500 tech on it. :smug:

[quote name='Altheus' date='10 June 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1276209592' post='2332232']
Naturally, what day is good for you? :P
[/quote]

[15:46:59] <+chefjoe> I accept the proposal Altheus|UPN|. We can discuss time frame and start via PM.

From your IRC channel^ so notice I accept is made and we shall chat in PM.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='11 June 2010 - 08:16 AM' timestamp='1276204553' post='2332076']
Forget that, I called and am laughing hysterically.
[/quote]
That's funny, I do the same whenever I see one of your posts, or your member title, or your IRC quit message. All great stuff.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='10 June 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1276210197' post='2332253']
[15:46:59] <+chefjoe> I accept the proposal Altheus|UPN|. We can discuss time frame and start via PM.

From your IRC channel^ so notice I accept is made and we shall chat in PM.
[/quote]

Excellent! Let's make a spectacle of it. I propose an OWF thread about how the battle's going with IC propaganda from both of us with extra brownie points for who can conjure up the most biased news reports for their side ^_^