Epic Recruiting Contest

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='07 May 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1273258698' post='2290482']
Nations currently under 1k NS

GATO - 51
ODN - 32
Sparta - 40
UPN - 41
NpO - 84

I originally was going to do under 5k NS, but the numbers were to disturbing. Point is, recruiting more when you have this many nations already that need to be trained, tech dealed with, and aided, is foolish. Just more fluff
[/quote]
That's wrong on so many levels. Most recruiting alliances who are good at it have that, because at least every 4 in 5 recruits SUCK and are basically useless and end up being fluff as you said, but then the 1 is great, so you keep going to get the cream of the crop. Just because you have to recruit a /lot/ of useless people doesn't mean you should stop recruiting.

If you have the activity to at least try to get those nations educated, good for you, and keep at recruiting. Your point only works if they can't handle the recruits.

You also have failed to account for ghosts in the under 1k NS area, which if they are recruiting heavily right now is only bound to increase.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5672/contestmo.png[/img][/center]

[size="4"][b]Current Standings: Day 3, May 9th
[/b][/size]
[b][color="#663300"]Global Alliance And Treaty Organization[/color][/b]: 13 [color="#00FF00"](+8)[/color]
[color="#800080"][b]United Purple Nations[/b][/color]:12 [color="#00FF00"](+5)[/color]
[color="#0000ff"][b]New Polar Order[/b][/color]: 11 [color="#00FF00"](+6)[/color]
[color="#ff8c00"][b]Orange Defense Network[/b][/color]: 5 [color="#00FF00"](+3)[/color]
[color="black"][b]Sparta[/b][/color]:4 [color="#00FF00"](+3)[/color]
[color="orange"][b]The International[/b][/color]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+?)[/color]

[size="4"][b]Commentary:[/b][/size]

It seems like the recruiting is getting serious, and we had some big changes in the standings to reflect that. Though UPN put up another respectable gain of 5 members, that normal impressive number was overshadowed by GATO's gain of 8 new members. That's right! Gato not only has the record for recruits in a day, but they leaped into first place. NpO also closed the gap with UPN while Sparta and ODN saw a jump in their daily recruits as well. However, with the top three alliances all within 2 recruits of each other, the coming days could see many more switches in position!

[quote name='Bones Malone' date='10 May 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1273469296' post='2293337']
Go get some Polaris. Although, if Abdur decided to intervene at all, the game would be over. He truly is the best recruiter CN has.
[/quote]
Honestly I don't know much about Abdur unfortunately; however, if he is who people claim to be, then I would pay to see an epic 1-on-1 contest between Abdur and DasGirl.

[quote name='Bones Malone' date='10 May 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1273469296' post='2293337']
Go get some Polaris. Although, if Abdur decided to intervene at all, the game would be over. He truly is the best recruiter CN has.
[/quote]

Aww Thanks Bones <3 :wub:
[quote name='Laserwolf' date='10 May 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1273472354' post='2293372']
Honestly I don't know much about Abdur unfortunately; however, if he is who people claim to be, then I would pay to see an epic 1-on-1 contest between Abdur and DasGirl.
[/quote]
I try to keep a low profile pretty much everywhere.
As far as me being who people claim me to be, I first want to know what they claim me to be :P (any of that make sense to any of ya? :P)
As far as Recruiting is concerned, I consider myself to be a bit above average. Just my opinion. This DasGirl seems scary~
Good luck too all the parties involved ( :wub: UPN :wub: ODN)

Hahahahahaha... It's always nice to see an ally on top. :P Go GATO! Keep it up and you guys might even be sanctioned again. Kick those lame UPN guys down a rank. :P lol.

Anyways, good show today. I am really enjoying this contest.

In other news... ICAN starts recruiting again thursday. :P

Polaris should only be at 10 instead of 11. I miscounted our applications yesterday from my phone. Our mobile site doesn't allow you to see the date a topic was created so I accidentally counted one from the previous day :(

so yeah....my bad please don't hurt me :o

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='10 May 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1273549133' post='2294418']
i knew it; i knew we couldn't just have a clean and fun contest without elbo playing dirty :wub:
[/quote]
its pretty much how i roll :smug:

also Sparta should get to work you're lagging behind :P

[center][img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5672/contestmo.png[/img][/center]

[size="4"][b]Current Standings: Day 4, May 10th
[/b][/size]
[b][color="#663300"]Global Alliance And Treaty Organization[/color][/b]: 15 [color="#00FF00"](+2)[/color]
[color="#800080"][b]United Purple Nations[/b][/color]:14 [color="#00FF00"](+2)[/color]
[color="#0000ff"][b]New Polar Order[/b][/color]: 12 [color="#00FF00"](+2)[/color]
[color="#ff8c00"][b]Orange Defense Network[/b][/color]: 10 [color="#00FF00"](+5)[/color]
[color="black"][b]Sparta[/b][/color]:4 [color="#00FF00"](+?)[/color]
[color="orange"][b]The International[/b][/color]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+0)[/color]

[size="4"][b]Commentary:[/b][/size]

Well, another interesting night for the recruiting contest. UPN, GATO, and NpO all keep pace with two new recruits each, and the standings for 1, 2, and 3 remain unchanged. However, the highlight of the night is ODN's gain of 5 recruits, the best gain of the night. With that gain, ODN puts themselves right back in the mix! I did not receive numbers from Sparta in time for this update, so next update shall have their last two days.