Epic Recruiting Contest

[quote name='Alterego' date='07 May 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1273253719' post='2290395']
Recruiting is good, recruiting like this is not. I would like to see the stats on the people recruited and see how many stay beyond the 3 month mark. If people flood in to an alliance too quickly they wont get the same kind of welcome as they would during regular recruiting. To each their own I guess
[/quote]

I make sure recruits feel welcome in my alliance whether they are the first one or the four billionth one.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nations currently under 1k NS

GATO - 51
ODN - 32
Sparta - 40
UPN - 41
NpO - 84

I originally was going to do under 5k NS, but the numbers were to disturbing. Point is, recruiting more when you have this many nations already that need to be trained, tech dealed with, and aided, is foolish. Just more fluff

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='07 May 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1273258698' post='2290482']
Nations currently under 1k NS

GATO - 51
ODN - 32
Sparta - 40
UPN - 41
NpO - 84

I originally was going to do under 5k NS, but the numbers were to disturbing. Point is, recruiting more when you have this many nations already that need to be trained, tech dealed with, and aided, is foolish. Just more fluff
[/quote]

Since recruiting, sending money down, and tech up isn't how alliances grow :rolls eyes:

Also LF, How do you know these people are untrained? I am just barely above 5k NS, and I know how to play the game. I think the only thing you just proved is that GATO and NpO are the best at recruiting so far :P

Back on topic. Time to derail the Polar express.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Lennox' date='07 May 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1273257989' post='2290474']
Perhaps the rest of you guys could give the misfits and incompetent recruits to Sparta. That way they will feel right at home.
[/quote]
While we have discussed absorbing NSO, we decided it's not quite as good a fit as you would initially think :v

And LF, I can't speak for the other alliances, but Sparta definitely has enough academy coverage to handle all of our recruits during even our largest recorded influx of applicants. Thanks for worrying, but this is what we do. :-)

Edited by Seth Muscarella

Global Alliance And Treaty Organization
The International
Orange Defense Network
New Polar Order
United Purple Nations
Sparta

So do you guys drop your recruitment standards for this to get as many people rubberstamped into the alliance or is that how its normally done?

[quote name='Alterego' date='07 May 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1273260825' post='2290519']
So do you guys drop your recruitment standards for this to get as many people rubberstamped into the alliance or is that how its normally done?
[/quote]
"They do not need to complete the application process in order to be counted as recruited, they simply have to have started it."

No drop of standards here, as those accepted are completely unaffected by the contest going on. The contest does not promote looser recruitment standards, only a larger pool of applicants out of which to pick.

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='07 May 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1273258742' post='2290483']
Didn't UPN and ODN have a recruiting contest not too long ago where UPN soundly beat ODN?

I'm sure I remember something to that effect.
[/quote]
And yet we now have a lot less members then that day :v:

also, UPN cheated :lol1:

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='07 May 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1273258742' post='2290483']
Didn't UPN and ODN have a recruiting contest not too long ago where UPN soundly beat ODN?

[/quote]
Yes. However Abdur, UPN's lead recruiter, is no longer with them.

And yes, he really does have that much impact.

[quote name='elborrador' date='07 May 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1273249361' post='2290323']
Having tracked various alliances recruiting trends for the past couple months here are my predictions

1. New Polar Order
2. Orange Defense Network
3. United Purple Nations
4. GATO
5. Sparta
6. Int.
[/quote]

INT Objective #1: Manage expectations. CHECK!

With the bar for our success set at such a low level, anything we do will be considered a success. Everything is progressing as planned.

Time to execute phase 2.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='08 May 2010 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1273258742' post='2290483']

[/quote]
Abdur and Foreign Ownage left UPN. We actually have a chance now :P

[quote name='Alterego' date='07 May 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1273260825' post='2290519']
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization
The International
Orange Defense Network
New Polar Order
United Purple Nations
Sparta

[/quote]
Speaking only for polaris we won't be dropping our standards nor will we stop ghost busting, this is business as usual for us every accepted applicant will need to meet our membership requirements

Well, I really hate to see this announcement... as we are about to launch our new forums and had planned on recruiting heavily ourselves. This is going to make things really difficult. I hope you all fail... I mean, Good luck.

P.S. I hope you win, GATO.