Epic Recruiting Contest

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOO GATO!!! You show'd em all up!! Congratulations with winning the contest!!

Also an extended congratulations to all who participated in this contest as well.

One last thing... yey!! ICAN have a chance at recruiting again!!

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' date='02 June 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1275519120' post='2321072']
WOOO GATO!!! You show'd em all up!! Congratulations with winning the contest!!

Also an extended congratulations to all who participated in this contest as well.

One last thing... yey!! ICAN have a chance at recruiting again!!
[/quote]

Seriously. I have a funny feeling that we wont be recruiting for a while after this. Internal development of all those noobs= a lot of tech. Boost for me.

[quote name='Duckz3' date='03 June 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1275525516' post='2321301']
So GATO recruited 144 more people to do nothing? Sounds good.
[/quote]

We just recruited more members than PC has, took back sanction, and signed some new treaties; all while holding elections which many of the new members participated in, and some even won spots.

You're right we are doing nothing :rolleyes:

Edited by Omniscient1

Good job GATO; it was only after the contest ended that I realized you just recruited an average-sized alliance in less than a month! Winner shares the new tech sellers, right? ;-)

Edited by Seth Muscarella

[quote name='Viluin' date='05 June 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1275782627' post='2325323']
I spoke to a new nation today, and he claims he has received well over 100 recruitment messages on his very first day, almost 200 if you count duplicates.

:wacko:
[/quote]
:blink: now THAT is insane...

On one hand, congratulations to the winners and runner-ups, even if I think the true winners will be shown only in the coming months, as the recruits either stay or leave.

On the other hand, flooding tech sellers with recruitment messages is bad. I, too, have heard of horrifying tales about hundreds of messages a day.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' date='06 June 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1275819630' post='2326118']
On the other hand, flooding tech sellers with recruitment messages is bad. I, too, have heard of horrifying tales about hundreds of messages a day.
[/quote]

Yeah, at first I didn't believe it, but a second person I spoke to said he also got 100+ messages on his first day. Probably from only a handful of alliances. When I was unaligned, right before the contest, I received maybe 5-10 messages a day, so I can only assume it's because of this contest. Lay off the crackpipe people. :gag: This isn't recruitment, it's outright spam.

EDIT: I spoke to someone who says he received what must have been 50 messages in his first 3 minutes, they were coming faster than he could read them. Someone explain this one to me..

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' date='06 June 2010 - 06:25 AM' timestamp='1275819886' post='2326120']
Yeah, at first I didn't believe it, but a second person I spoke to said he also got 100+ messages on his first day. Probably from only a handful of alliances. When I was unaligned, right before the contest, I received maybe 5-10 messages a day, so I can only assume it's because of this contest. Lay off the crackpipe people. :gag: This isn't recruitment, it's outright spam.

EDIT: I spoke to someone who says he received what must have been 50 messages in his first 3 minutes, they were coming faster than he could read them. Someone explain this one to me..
[/quote]
Try in the middle of summer, at around 6 pm(EST)...
Most of the recruiters are out at full force then, its quite fun asking recruits how many messages they get :P

We never looked like winning but I'm glad we participated, it was fun to be involved and watch the standings being updated.

Congrats to the winners and all that stuff but more importantly thank you for inviting us.

Nah at GATO the system is set up to hit as many recruits as we can not hit the same person ultiple times. The most any recruit should get from us is 1 message a day. Maybe like Lonewolf said we got a few extra because they didn't get spammed to death by GATO.