Epic Recruiting Contest

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='07 May 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1273259856' post='2290505']
Since recruiting, sending money down, and tech up isn't how alliances grow :rolls eyes:

Also LF, How do you know these people are untrained? I am just barely above 5k NS, and I know how to play the game. I think the only thing you just proved is that GATO and NpO are the best at recruiting so far :P

Back on topic. Time to derail the Polar express.
[/quote]

I'm not denying that recruiting is the primary means of growth of alliance, just saying that you guys already have plenty of new "recruits" at hand to grow. Its rather akin to already having 5 children that need to be fed and bathed and taken to soccer practice, and then adopting 10 more. It strikes me as...foolish. In my time in Legion I had lots of fights over our recruiting practices and the amount of low NS nations we just had sitting around. You really have a rather short time frame to ensnare new nations before they go inactive. A nation that has to wait 20 days for entrance aid/tech deals or doesn't get any at all, is much more likely to go inactive and either delete or just become a low NS burden on their alliance, than someone who comes in and is immediately thrown into economic programs. You may be the best at recruiting, but not neccesarily the best at nation building, which is all that really matters. In terms of alliance composition, I suppose the ideal makeup would be roughly 1/2 tech buyers, and one half tech sellers, so that you can have everyone with full slots buying and selling tech in house. Recruiting drives such as this will only inflate your numbers towards a 1/3 tech buyers, 2/3 sellers, if not worse ratio, and considering that many buyers may be inactive/not buying, it could be closer to a 1/4 buyer percentage. In turn, you don't have enough aid/buyers to go around for your younger nations, leads to poor nation building, low average NS, score fluff, and lots of inactive smaller nations who never got integrated into an efficient economic system. That [i]my[/i] take on the whole thing, but good luck to all. I'm sure your happy that you moved over to MoFA from MoIA aren't ya Omniscient :P. Barring being involved in any major wars, a new nation that is efficiently built and taught well can grow to 50k NS in a year. With 5 minutes a day I managed a 150 efficiency nation, without any donations, for 8 months, before eating 8 nukes, dropping from 45k to 20k NS, and now after rebuilding am back over 100 efficiency at 41k NS. Its not that hard, you just need the right tools, and attention early on, as well as the available resources. Personally I'd take 5 recruits a month that you can really invest in and turn them into efficient nation building machines, over 100 recruits, of with a quarter will delete, half will go inactive/semi active floating around the sub-5k NS range and just turn your alliance into a pinata, and you'll maybe get a smattering of really active and interested nations. Anyways, I ramble, once again good luck to all. I hope you're right Seth

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='07 May 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1273282531' post='2290876']
snip
[/quote]
tl;dr
Thank you for your unquestioning support for GATO in not just this contest but for everything we do :)

[center][img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5672/contestmo.png[/img][/center]

[size="4"][b]Current Standings: Day 1, May 7th
[/b][/size]
[color="#800080"][b]United Purple Nations[/b][/color]:2 [color="#00FF00"](+2)[/color]
[color="#ff8c00"][b]Orange Defense Network[/b][/color]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+1)[/color]
[b][color="#663300"]Global Alliance And Treaty Organization[/color][/b]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+1)[/color]
[color="orange"][b]The International[/b][/color]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+1)[/color]
[color="#0000ff"][b]New Polar Order[/b][/color]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+1)[/color]
[color="black"][b]Sparta[/b][/color]:0 [color="#00FF00"](+0)[/color]

[size="4"][b]Commentary:[/b][/size]

Well, day one is in the books! Not surprisingly after one day the contest is still very tight, and anyone's to win. While, no one has taken a commanding lead in the contest the old recruiting masters in UPN hold a slight lead. However, GATO, INT, ODN and NpO are all within one recruit of the lead and Sparta is within two. Will these very early trends continue, or will UPN be toppled from the top spot? Will some of these alliances, as they continue to shift into a high recruiting gear, see a large jump in their daily recruits? Can any of these alliances pull away from the pack? Only time will tell.

Edited by OsRavan

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='08 May 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1273295058' post='2291098']
Go Sparta!

Showin' them how it's done. :smug:
[/quote]

[quote name='OsRavan' date='08 May 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1273291477' post='2291036']
[color="black"][b]Sparta[/b][/color]:0 [color="#00FF00"](+0)[/color]
[/quote]

:finesmug:

I think you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='Banksy' date='08 May 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1273295469' post='2291103']
:finesmug:

I think you're doing it wrong.
[/quote]

I think we are off to a fine start, good sir.

We are going to show you how not to recruit, so that you don't, so that when we start - it'll be an easy win. Obviously.

[quote name='Banksy' date='08 May 2010 - 05:38 AM' timestamp='1273293515' post='2291068']
Oh man, that was embarrassing for everyone :P
[/quote]

yea no joke :P

ok everyone you were right. Our academy can't handle the flood of the new recruit(s) breaking our doors down. Please save us from our own awesome recruiting skills.