Epic Recruiting Contest

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Choader' date='07 May 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1273211006' post='2290008']
50 tech on a finish in this order:

United Purple Nations
Sparta
New Polar Order
Orange Defense Network
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization
The International
[/quote]

I'll take that bet.. as long as Abdur doesn't re-join UPN for this contest.

I don't see the UPN doing as well as the last contest and I see no reason why ODN won't do at least as well as they did during the last one. My money is on ODN.

Good luck to all involved parties.

Edited by SirBombAlot

Of course a recruiting contest is done for GATO while dasgirl is inactive. If she was still head of recruiting none of you would stand a chance. Anyone remember a few months back where GATO put on 80 or so members?

[quote name='kerschbs' date='07 May 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1273236389' post='2290179']
Of course a recruiting contest is done for GATO while dasgirl is inactive. If she was still head of recruiting none of you would stand a chance. Anyone remember a few months back where GATO put on 80 or so members?
[/quote]

The Krabs speaks the truth.

Either way though we got this :smug:

[quote name='fluffyewunga' date='07 May 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1273244861' post='2290255']
Now who do i support?

/me looks between UPN and Polaris and crys
[/quote]

You support me damnit ;)

[quote name='mattski133' date='07 May 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1273244249' post='2290247']
I knew ODN would chicken out on our challenge.
[/quote]

Ah don't feel left out Mattski, why settle for a contest with the B-squad if you can have a recruit-off with the A-team :P Just name a time :)

On the current topic though, good luck all.

I'll be rooting for The International, altough I suspect it's going to be something like this:

1. UPN
2. NpO
3. ODN
4. GATO
5. Sparta
6. INT (sorry guys you just have that commi thing working against you ;) )

Altough I wouldn't be suprised at all if ODN takes the win here, it will be very hard for UPN to repeat their previous success

Edited by EgoFreaky

[quote name='Choader' date='07 May 2010 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1273211006' post='2290008']
50 tech on a finish in this order:

United Purple Nations
Sparta
New Polar Order
Orange Defense Network
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization
The International
[/quote]

As other have pointed out, you're not accounting for the loss of Abdur. :awesome:

This should be fairly entertaining.

[quote name='kerschbs' date='07 May 2010 - 08:46 AM' timestamp='1273236389' post='2290179']
[/quote]
while 80 is impressive, i'd dare say that won't even get someone into 3rd place here.

Having tracked various alliances recruiting trends for the past couple months here are my predictions

1. New Polar Order
2. Orange Defense Network
3. United Purple Nations
4. GATO
5. Sparta
6. Int.

[quote name='elborrador' date='07 May 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1273249361' post='2290323']
while 80 is impressive, i'd dare say that won't even get someone into 3rd place here.

Having tracked various alliances recruiting trends for the past couple months here are my predictions

1. New Polar Order
3. United Purple Nations
4. GATO
5. Sparta
6. Int.
[/quote]

Ah, then we have already won. Good game, everyone else. Better luck next time.

[quote name='elborrador' date='07 May 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1273249361' post='2290323']

1. New Polar Order
3. United Purple Nations
4. GATO
5. Sparta
6. Int.
[/quote]

I notice there is no bias in that list at all :P

Will be an interesting race. Good luck ;)

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='07 May 2010 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1273250904' post='2290346']
I notice there is no bias in that list at all :P

Will be an interesting race. Good luck ;)
[/quote]

Hey as the driving force of the Polar Express, is would be pretty hypocritical of me to bet against my own team :P

I thing GATO is being seriously underestimated here.
I suppose our numbers will speak louder than anything I say here :smug:

With Elborrador at the helm the Polar Express has been driven to new heights and I see them racing down the tracks into First Place! Good Luck to everyone and no matter what we will all be winners since we will have new recruits to [s]whip[/s]mold!

[quote name='Alterego' date='07 May 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1273252256' post='2290374']
I prefer quality over quantity, but mass filling these alliance with noobs as quickly as possible can only make them better.
[/quote]
having both quality and quantity is even better ;)

everyone was a noob at some point or another and if someone doesn't welcome these newcomers into their alliances and train them up, this game will continue to be the same old faces rattling the same old sabers

[quote name='elborrador' date='07 May 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1273252427' post='2290377']
having both quality and quantity is even better ;)

everyone was a noob at some point or another and if someone doesn't welcome these newcomers into their alliances and train them up, this game will continue to be the same old faces rattling the same old sabers
[/quote]
Recruiting is good, recruiting like this is not. I would like to see the stats on the people recruited and see how many stay beyond the 3 month mark. If people flood in to an alliance too quickly they wont get the same kind of welcome as they would during regular recruiting. To each their own I guess

[quote name='Alterego' date='07 May 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1273253719' post='2290395']
Recruiting is good, recruiting like this is not. I would like to see the stats on the people recruited and see how many stay beyond the 3 month mark. If people flood in to an alliance too quickly they wont get the same kind of welcome as they would during regular recruiting. To each their own I guess
[/quote]
I half agree with you there. It depends on how robust your training is. During our most recent recruiting drive, GOONS added several new government positions just to better deal with newbies. There's nothing wrong with a large influx of new members, as long as you have the manpower to process them accordingly. Otherwise yes, you'll have a huge turnaround.