Rating Alliances

Smacky

Umbrella - 10 (I think this is 100% deserved, regardless of how bias I am)
Mushroom Kingdom - 9
The Order Of The Paradox - 9
Poison Clan - 8
Fark - 8
The Grämlins - 8
FOK - 8
New Polar Order - 7
Orange Defense Network - 7
Random Insanity Alliance - 7
Viridian Entente - 7
The Foreign Division - 7
Federation Of Armed Nations - 7
Sparta - 6.5
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - 6
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization - 6
RnR - 6
The Order Of Light - 6
Nordreich - 6
LOSS - 6
Mostly Harmless Alliance - 5
New Pacific Order - 5
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations - 5
Nueva Vida - 5
United Purple Nations - 4
The Legion - 4
Ragnarok - 4
Siberian Tiger Alliance - 4
Athens - 4
North Atlantic Defense Coalition - 2
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - 2
M*A*S*H - 1

The Templar Knights - I dunno
Guru Order - I dunno
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons - I dunno
Nusantara Elite Warriors - I dunno
The International - I dunno

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find a lot of these formats tedious, though kind of cool to read. Sorry Smacky I'm going to keep mine simple and not in order:

Mostly Harmless Alliance ~ 2
New Pacific Order ~ 5
New Polar Order ~ 3
Sparta ~ 1
Viridian Entente ~ 7
Fark ~ 5
Mushroom Kingdom ~ 9
Orange Defense Network ~ 5
United Purple Nations ~ 1
FOK ~ 7
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization ~ 4
The Legion ~ 6
The Order Of The Paradox ~ 10
Ragnarok ~ 3
RnR ~ 5
The Order of Light ~ 8
Random Insanity Alliance ~ 5
Umbrella ~ 8
Poison Clan ~ 7
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations ~ 5
Nueva Vida ~ 3
Federation Of Armed Nations ~ 6
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations ~ 7
Siberian Tiger Alliance ~ 6
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance ~ 6
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons ~ 5
Athens ~ 3
Nordreich ~ 5
The International ~ 5
The Foreign Division ~ 7
LOSS ~ 2
Nusantara Elite Warriors ~ 10
The Grämlins ~ 5
Guru Order ~ 1
North Atlantic Defense Coalition ~ 6
M*A*S*H ~ 3
The Templar Knights ~ 4

The reason I ranked Polaris so low is they hardly did damage to \m/, PC or FOK while getting a lot of damage dealt to them. Their achievement as a "military power" was largely undeserved and they got exposed, badly. This goes to show nukes aren't everything in this game. The last time they were truly tested was in the noCB war when they decided to lie down while MK fought its hearts out I remember because I was there. This past war they got lit up hardly dealing damage with taking a great deal even with their immaculate nuke count and needed dire help only to switch sides. If someone can please tell me why you'd rate an untested and overly exposed alliance over a 5, I'd be very thankful.

I can only go by what I know from personal experience, ie those alliances I fought against, and those I fought with.

For me personally, in significant numbers, I fought against IAA, FARK, gRAMlins. I fought with IRON and TORN for the most part.

Here, as opposition, Fark impressed a lot: they had for the very large part good or really good WCs, coordinated nicely, good wonder setup. For a large alliance, very impressive.
IAA had the spirit, but lacked the WCs and wonders to be effective.
Having concentrated on gRAMlins in the last two weeks, I was disappointed with their WCs for the very large part, except a few exceptions, they have no WCs worthy of an elite alliance. As almost all of them turtled, I cannot judge their fighting ability, the one gRAMlin I fought earlier in the war fought ok, mostly owned me though due to a sizeable tech advantage.

TORN as partners impressed quite a lot, they got in one of the few surrenders during the war for our side, those who fought them will likely agree they definitely knew to handle themselves.
IRON was engaged by about 30 alliances, and their fighting spirit is still unbroken after this war, considering gRAMlins basically cut them off from their internal aid suppliers, and the performance during the last war and the gRAMlin conflict so far, quite impressive.

Only rating alliances that I've either fought with, against, or have observed enough to hold an educated opinion:

Mostly Harmless Alliance ?
New Pacific Order ?
New Polar Order ?
Sparta 1 (I am convinced Sparta's primary method of attack is dropping money on their opponents)
Viridian Entente ?
Fark ?
Mushroom Kingdom 8
Orange Defense Network 6 (Much Improved from the past)
United Purple Nations ?
FOK ?
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization ?
The Legion ?
The Order Of The Paradox 10 (Shocked at the damage they dropped against the odds they had)
Ragnarok ?
RnR ?
The Order Of Light 6
Random Insanity Alliance ?
Umbrella ?
Poison Clan ?
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations ?
Nueva Vida ?
Federation Of Armed Nations 8
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations 8
Siberian Tiger Alliance ?
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance ?
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons ?
Athens 4
Nordreich 7
The International ?
The Foreign Division ?
LOSS ?
Nusantara Elite Warriors ?
The Grämlins 2 (their ability is lacking, they basically snuck in on the coattails of others. I might be biased :awesome: )
Guru Order ?
North Atlantic Defense Coalition ?
M*A*S*H ?
The Templar Knights ?

Further, in this last war...

TOP was absolutely jaw-dropping. They simply dismantled their opposition across the board. With better odds, TOP in your coalition is a game-changer, and that cannot be said about any other alliance.

IRON continues to improve. Their performance this war was hurt by low warchests, due to their Karma beating, but they fought with higher morale and have shown great resilience. Certainly they made it hurt.

DAWN are scrappers. Small in number, so their impact isn't as visible, but they dealt far more damage than they took.

Mushroom Kingdom are good, and have a handful of elite fighters, but they're a victim of over-hype (mostly their own). 8/10 is about right.

IAA are a mixed bag. Some of their top ranks are well prepared an coordinate effectively, and are thus as dangerous as anyone. Most of them are not this way, and spent more time trying to weasel away from the nukes I was dropping than fighting back (though bill lock may have played a role).

ODN have improved significantly over previous wars. They are not yet an elite fighting alliance, but they're above average.

The Nexus alliances flopped hard and were, to be honest, outclassed. I knew from the moment they tried to threaten us over their getting nuked that they were weak hearted.

The Resistance surprised me. They were well prepared, and had good tech levels...their nukes hurt and were hard to bill lock.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='18 April 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1271605127' post='2264924']
Gotta admit....haven't laughed like that in quite a while.

Thanks.
[/quote]

yea, obviously someone didnt get the memo.

If anyone on this list deserves a 8 or higher it is these 3 alliances. lol. I dont give out 10s often, but these 3 alliances would be receiving them.

and if it werent for twistedrebel I might actually like Poison clan. :)

/me waves frantically at twistedrebel

[quote name='oOoMidooOo' date='18 April 2010 - 04:06 AM' timestamp='1271577952' post='2264737']
Mushroom Kingdom 6
Federation Of Armed Nations 4
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations 9.5
Nordreich 3
The Foreign Division 10
The Grämlins 0
[/quote]

Pull up your pants, your bias is showing. :rolleyes:

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 April 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1271614020' post='2265064']
There are alliances outside the top 40 that deserve to make it on these lists over top 40 alliances.
[/quote]
But where do you draw the line? This gives me an idea though...

[quote name='bigwoody' date='18 April 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1271614118' post='2265065']
But where do you draw the line? This gives me an idea though...
[/quote]

Personally? I'd rather if we want a real military ranking, we take a nice series of votes to add 12 alliances from the bottom 40 into this mix, the 12 with the most votes get added into a pool to make 52, then two conferences of 26 each.

E: Otherwise I really am not sure how you'd wanna go about voting out top 40 and in bottom 40 alliances.

Edited by lonewolfe2015

Mostly Harmless Alliance ~ 3
New Pacific Order ~ 5
New Polar Order ~ 5
Sparta ~ -1
Viridian Entente ~ 6
Fark ~ 7
Mushroom Kingdom ~ 9
Orange Defense Network ~ 4
United Purple Nations ~ 2
FOK ~ 9
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization ~ 4
The Legion ~ 6
The Order Of The Paradox ~ 10
Ragnarok ~ 3
RnR ~ 6
The Order of Light ~ 7
Random Insanity Alliance ~ 4
Umbrella ~ 10
Poison Clan ~ 8
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations ~ 5
Nueva Vida ~ 6
Federation Of Armed Nations ~ 8
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations ~ 8
Siberian Tiger Alliance ~ 5
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance ~ 4
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons ~ n/a
Athens ~ -1
Nordreich ~ 9
The International ~ 6
The Foreign Division ~ 7
LOSS ~ 2
Nusantara Elite Warriors ~ 9
The Grämlins ~ 10
Guru Order ~ 1
North Atlantic Defense Coalition ~ 6
M*A*S*H ~ 3
The Templar Knights ~ 3

NpO didn't really do much in terms of game damage. Everyone who was ever in Cit gets a ten

[quote name='Kowalski' date='18 April 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1271597974' post='2264855']
How the hell is anyone supposed to have an informed and up-to-date opinion on the military performance of all 37 different alliances?
[/quote]
This.

Honestly, I don't think that it's the -alliances- that are good fighters, but the people that co-ordinate their militaries. Lose those few dedicated professionals, and you're screwed.

[quote name='Kowalski' date='18 April 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1271597974' post='2264855']
How the hell is anyone supposed to have an informed and up-to-date opinion on the military performance of all 37 different alliances?
[/quote]
Right?

And limiting it to alliances you've had "experience" with isn't a great solution either, as you're mostly going to remember your part of the fight, possibly overlooking the reality of the situation (missing the forest for the trees, as it were).

This was harder than I expected, I think that some alliances could go either way so I split them up into tiers. Looking back on it, I tried to be unbiased, but I put 0 of my allies in the lower tier -_-

Upper (MK/TOP 1 and 2, everyone else in the tier are very close and could be rotated around imo):

Mushroom Kingdom
The Order Of The Paradox
FOK
Umbrella
Fark
Orange Defense Network
Federation Of Armed Nations
Poison Clan

Middle (Great fighters, but not quite the same caliber as the upper tier):

The Grämlins
Nueva Vida
Athens
Nordreich (They did well in the last war, I'd like to see them in another large scale war before moving them into the upper tier)
Nusantara Elite Warriors
Siberian Tiger Alliance
Viridian Entente
Ragnarok
New Polar Order

Lower (Each alliance might have their good fighters, but they also have a ton of fluff, which is why they're here):

Global Alliance And Treaty Organization
RnR
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations
The Foreign Division
Random Insanity Alliance
The International
Sparta
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations
Mostly Harmless Alliance
Guru Order
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance
North Atlantic Defense Coalition
M*A*S*H
The Legion

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='18 April 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1271623658' post='2265275']
Right?

And limiting it to alliances you've had "experience" with isn't a great solution either, as you're mostly going to remember your part of the fight, possibly overlooking the reality of the situation (missing the forest for the trees, as it were).
[/quote]

I'll go one step further and say that it's the amount of members that actually care enough to fight well. Nowadays everybody who's anybody knows the ins and outs of the war system, and has at least some semblance of military organization (here guys, attack this group of nations at this time), but if you end up with one nation who does everything right and everyone else logging in every two or three days to fire off CMs, you won't be getting much praise from the community.

[quote name='Kowalski' date='18 April 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1271597974' post='2264855']
[/quote]

Like this :x

I've been forced to give this type of thing a lot of consideration due to whatever, so I'll try to provide my reasoning where possible. Those that I consider average I gave a 5. Also, as you will be able to tell, these are rather unbiased assessments notwithstanding sides:

-Mostly Harmless Alliance: 3. Lack of offensive output was beyond frustrating.

-New Pacific Order: 6. However to be honest it's hard to get a real reading on them as the main objective in Karma was to cut the head off the snake, so the odds against them in that particular fight were to large to get a real reading on skill. That being said, considering the odds they did not do badly, but they also were not remarkable by any means. Also, it's important to note that prior to that most of their wars for a very long time were curb stomps, so it's safe to say that no one has been able to get a real reading on their actual ability in a very long time.

-New Polar Order: 6-7. For them it seemed to be hit or miss. Polar has the advantage of having a good base of seasoned veterans who know what they are doing, but on the flip side coordination between those who could be a considered a bit newer was lacking, so overall I would have to say coordination was lacking in general. There were also quite a few bigger nations who were inactive. However, all things combined they were a good fight.

-Sparta: 6-7. Its no secret that in Karma they were in the same boat as MHA above. However, in this war their affirmative steps payed off, and while they still have a way to go, I would say that they redeemed themselves overall. [url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=34978&Extended=1"]Also, I'm glad to see they are still headed in the right direction[/url].

-Viridian Entente: 8. Our output and damage capability in the midrange is superb. However, I can't give us a solid 9 until we grow our top tier a bit more.

-Fark: 8. Same reasoning as VE, albeit a bit higher. They push a 9 though due to their notoriously good activity.

-Mushroom Kingdom: 9. Insane activity and massive group of veterans.

-Orange Defense Network : 7. This war did quite a bit to raise your credibility as a fighting alliance in my book. On your front, you were one of the best.

-United Purple Nations: ???

-FOK: 8. Same reasoning as VE.

-Global Alliance And Treaty Organization: 5. I have to give you guys an average score because there just wasn't enough to see this war from you, and not because of anything you did wrong but just because of a lack of range appropriate targets to get you all fully engaged. For those you did have, you handled them well, and next war I expect this to go up to a 7 if you can find yourselves going full out.

-The Legion: 5. In Karma, I would have given you a 3, but this war your damage output and staying power did go up a bit.

-The Order Of The Paradox: 8-9. As expected for a bunch of elite nations, but because it was as expected there was nothing that made me want to say "wow, that was nuts, they should get a 10".

-Ragnarok: 7. In Karma, not only did you push out offensive wars and damage like it was your job, but you had awesome staying power. In this war you handled NEW like champs, however I didn't see that same staying power once they were under control. But, because of NEW's potency, it really wasn't that big of a deal and didn't reflect "badly" or anything.

-RnR: 5. Your output at the onset of the war was great, however there's something to be said about a lack of lasting ability.

-The Order Of Light: 5.7. In Karma, this would have been a 3 or a 4. However, much like Sparta, you guys apparently made some changes for the better.

-Random Insanity Alliance: 6-7. An all around solid group.

-Umbrella: 8. My first real impression of them was this war, and they kicked $@!.

-Poison Clan: 8-9. Same reasoning as Umbrella, however with a bit more umph due to their level of engagement and sheer amount of damage they caused on all fronts.

-Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations: 5. Also a solid group, and next war I expect this to go up a bit in light of the experience earned here and the acquisition of a few more mil wonders.

-Nueva Vida: 7. NV can handle their own, and have a very nicely stacked group of mid range nations.

-Federation Of Armed Nations: 7. I expected about a 9 to come out of them, but overall they are definitely a tough bunch. Considering the time it takes back to get into the swing of things after being kept down as long as they were, a 7 is good, reputation or no reputation.

-Independent Republic Of Orange Nations: 7. While your potency is average at best, your staying power speaks for itself and definitely gets you +2 in my book.

-Siberian Tiger Alliance: 5

-Multicolored Cross-X Alliance: 3. Low activity showed, in regards what they could do, what they could handle, and what they were prepared for.

-The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons: 6, strong group of nations, but didn't stand out.

-Athens: 5

-Nordreich: 7-8. Your tenacity and ability impressed me.

-The International: 5

-The Foreign Division: 6. TFD did cause me a bit of a headache, but it was due to political reasons and not their ability in general. Sure, their preformance was slightly above average, but the surrounding circumstances made it look a lot better then it actually was.

-LOSS: 5

-Nusantara Elite Warriors: 8. As expected.

-The Grämlins: 4. In Karma and before, this would have been a 8 or a 9, but honestly did you do anything this war? You didn't test yourselves, and you weren't tested. If anything, you held back and I'm relatively sure it is due to being plagued with inactivity.

-Guru Order: 5. Alliances with low avg ns's are notorious for being awful, however that was not the case with Guru. While they weren't spectacular, they preformed at the baseline level of warfare when I expected them (like any alliance with their stats) to be far below it. I suspect as their stats go up their potency will as well.

-North Atlantic Defense Coalition: 5.

-M*A*S*H: 3. Lined you up to fold, and fold you did. Not a good reputation to have before hand when you are pegged for an early surrender, and not a good reputation to have after when you do exactly that.

-The Templar Knights: 5

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Great read Impero, considering all you did during the war effort and your continued communications with many alliances I think you came out with a very good representation of alliance's fighting abilities to the best of my understandings of the war. Just a shame we're forced to rate the top 40ish alliances, when if you look at the greater side of things, it's the bottom 40-60 alliances that when in a great war can change the balance of it (as partially evidenced in this past one)

[quote name='oOoMidooOo' date='18 April 2010 - 09:06 AM' timestamp='1271577952' post='2264737']
Umbrella 2
[/quote]

You literally tried to merge your alliance into us like 5 days back. Even when that failed, you tried to join us. Which by the way, was going to fail. We just kept your application going as it was a comdey goldmine. For better or worse, we don't get applicants of your calibre very often.

I'll give one rating, which is TFD - 1. Do you guys even have an admission policy?

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 April 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1271629878' post='2265410']
Great read Impero, considering all you did during the war effort and your continued communications with many alliances I think you came out with a very good representation of alliance's fighting abilities to the best of my understandings of the war. Just a shame we're forced to rate the top 40ish alliances, when if you look at the greater side of things, it's the bottom 40-60 alliances that when in a great war can change the balance of it (as partially evidenced in this past one)
[/quote]

Aye, a lot of the "x-factors" and people who caused headaches just simply aren't on that list. Also grazia.

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='18 April 2010 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1271629900' post='2265411']
You literally tried to merge your alliance into us like 5 days back. Even when that failed, you tried to join us. Which by the way, was going to fail. We just kept your application going as it was a comdey goldmine. For better or worse, we don't get applicants of your calibre very often.

I'll give one rating, which is TFD - 1. Do you guys even have an admission policy?
[/quote]
Hahahah, amazing.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='18 April 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1271630187' post='2265418']
Aye, a lot of the "x-factors" and people who caused headaches just simply aren't on that list. Also grazia.
[/quote]

I'm 90% sure you and I are thinking of the same alliance, heh.

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='18 April 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1271629900' post='2265411']

[/quote]

Their admission's policy defines them, i like to call it grace, forgiveness, second chances, and that is something I can get behind.

Mushroom Kingdom 8
The Order Of The Paradox 9
Fark 8
New Polar Order 7
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations 6
The Grämlins 4
Umbrella 9
Poison Clan 8
Nusantara Elite Warriors 8
Orange Defense Network 7
FOK 8
Random Insanity Alliance 7