Rating Alliances

Smacky

[quote name='Starfox101' date='20 April 2010 - 04:30 AM' timestamp='1271745013' post='2267588']
New Polar Order - 0

Okay, apparently this is rating their war skills? I still give them a 0.
[/quote]

Let's disband! NpO sucks at war!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well give this a go. I'll try to be as unbiased as possible. If I didn't get a chance to see you fight or you didn't fight the last war, I'll give you an N/A.

Mostly Harmless Alliance 6
New Pacific Order N/A
New Polar Order 7
Sparta 6
Viridian Entente 8
Fark 8
Mushroom Kingdom 9
Orange Defense Network 6
United Purple Nations N/A
FOK 8
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization 5
The Legion 6
The Order Of The Paradox 9
Ragnarok 7
RnR 7
The Order Of Light 7
Random Insanity Alliance 7
Umbrella 8
Poison Clan 8
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations 5
Nueva Vida N/A
Federation Of Armed Nations 6
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations 8 (Coordination in the beginning of the war left something to be desired, but we pulled it together in the end I think :P)
Siberian Tiger Alliance 8
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance 6
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons 6
Athens 7
Nordreich N/A
The International 6
The Foreign Division N/A
LOSS N/A
Nusantara Elite Warriors N/A
The Grämlins 4
Guru Order N/A
North Atlantic Defense Coalition 6
M*A*S*H 6
The Templar Knights N/A

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='18 April 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1271627888' post='2265357']
Like this :x

-Independent Republic Of Orange Nations: 7. While your potency is average at best, your staying power speaks for itself and definitely gets you +2 in my book.
[/quote]

We shall all stop wearing deodorant and then our potency will be less than human. :v:

Umbrella, PC and TOP all get a 9 for me. They did tons of damage to a lot of unlucky alliances. Big ups to TOP for being awesome :awesome:

IRON gets a 7.8 because they were hurting from KARMA still, but held their own against overwhelming odds. Good job guys.

TOOL gets a 4. I tried to co-ordinate with the nations that were hitting the same nation as me, but they wouldn't listen. I don't understand why you would be nuking someone if one of your partners have 1k more tech than your do. Its stupid and selfish.

I see this world is still a panacea of objective thought. :ehm:

Rating IRON under a 6, Polar under a 7, and TOP under an 8 is downright silly, by the way. IRON's got a lot of guts regardless of the losses they took, Polaris had no upper tier to speak of going into the war and we still hung in there, and TOP dealt a ridiculous amount of damage and will probably rebound quite quickly.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='20 April 2010 - 02:30 AM' timestamp='1271745013' post='2267588']
New Polar Order - 0

Okay, apparently this is rating their war skills? I still give them a 0.
[/quote]

Silly comments tend to receive similarly silly responses.

This is no exception.

[img]http://images.nexisonline.net/bawwwww.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Mushroom Man' date='19 April 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1271734442' post='2267338']
Poison Clan: 2
Federation Of Armed Nations: 5
Nordreich: 4

Some of the other ratings in here amuse me.
[/quote]

I doubt they amuse you as much as your ignorance amuses everyone else.

[color="#0000FF"]Of this list, most of the group involved on the losing side of the last war is not included. I feel it is important to list them. Anyway, these alliances get a ten.

NSO
Invicta
Valhalla
IRON
CD
ICB
Rome
GATO
Silence
Hydra
Rest of PEACE minus UPN
Olympus
TPF
NEW
TSI
FAN
NoR
RIA
NPO
\m/

Rest of the world gets nothing. The rest of the world does not deserve my approval or acknowledge. The rest of the world must be crushed (emotionally).[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 April 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1271783943' post='2267769']
[color="#0000FF"]hurtful things[/color]
[/quote]

You get a ten in my book, man. :awesome:

It's not complete, as I didn't fight against nor along all of listed alliances, I'm not into guessing on base, I guess OWF activity?
I didn't use a 1-10 scale either, as I don't have a set of quantifiable criteria, which would make the list just a set of arbitrary digits. Instead, I made a list from top to bottom, with commentary. MHA is excluded, as I'm biased.

1st is ex aequo by:

Orange Defense Network - they hold the line and fight in squads. Their members try to coordinate with other alliances, and even plan attacks for whole flight. I had really great time fighting alongside some ODN members (and by this I mean - all that I've met).

and

Independent Republic Of Orange Nations - unquestionably most fun opponents I faced - they know what they're doing, and they manage to stay hoopy even after 2 months of war (it's not a feat to stay classy when you're on the winning side). I only once, personally, had to fight against coordinated group, but that's probably: a) because they were outnumbered greatly b) had many nations in constant anarchy c) It seemed that MHA had low prio on IRON's target list. And I did see coordinated attacks on some other hitchhikers, so it wasn't lack of abilities.
Special shout outs for Derrenos, JoeyF, HelloMoTo and The Warrior of TKE Nation (listed by date of declaration).

Go Orange!

North Atlantic Defense Coalition - no flight coordination (and they were the attackers, so... you know...), but at least I was always able to find nations with full sets of GC's and some barracks to declare on. Good individual ability, no turtling, but without noticeable alliance coordination. Still - fun and making me keep my guard up.

Although not listed: TUF, Echelon, and GGA - well you know. meh. No flight/squad coordination, little activity, not always fighting back. Rarely full sets of GC's and barracks. Basicly tech farms. While I was supposed to declare only on those who attacked my fellow hitchhikers, at this period I was fighting against NADC members (as in actual warfare), and TUF, Echelon and GGA allowed me to maintain stable levels of resources [ooc: tech] to keep my army going despite losses [ooc: rebuy lost aircraft at higher levels despite losses of tech to NADC CM's].

Multicolored Cross-X Alliance - yuck. No retaliations (not even CM's), few GC's and barracks, hiding under other aa's (including POW), slur PM's. In terms of military prowess, same level as aforementioned, but there was a huge difference in class.

[note! From what I gathered from other members, Umbrella and Fark! were just as helpful and able as ODN from my point of view, but I didn't meet any of them, so you know.]

[quote name='ironchef' date='20 April 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1271748751' post='2267637']
Mostly Harmless Alliance 8
Fark 6
Mushroom Kingdom 6
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations 10
[/quote]
Really? Military-ratings?

I'm not saying Fark or MK deserve more than a 6 if you really feel that way, but when you compare us to IRON and MHA and we get significantly lower ratings there's something off.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='18 April 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1271627888' post='2265357']
Like this :x

I've been forced to give this type of thing a lot of consideration due to whatever, so I'll try to provide my reasoning where possible. Those that I consider average I gave a 5. Also, as you will be able to tell, these are rather unbiased assessments notwithstanding sides:

-Mostly Harmless Alliance: 3. Lack of offensive output was beyond frustrating.

-New Pacific Order: 6. However to be honest it's hard to get a real reading on them as the main objective in Karma was to cut the head off the snake, so the odds against them in that particular fight were to large to get a real reading on skill. That being said, considering the odds they did not do badly, but they also were not remarkable by any means. Also, it's important to note that prior to that most of their wars for a very long time were curb stomps, so it's safe to say that no one has been able to get a real reading on their actual ability in a very long time.

-New Polar Order: 6-7. For them it seemed to be hit or miss. Polar has the advantage of having a good base of seasoned veterans who know what they are doing, but on the flip side coordination between those who could be a considered a bit newer was lacking, so overall I would have to say coordination was lacking in general. There were also quite a few bigger nations who were inactive. However, all things combined they were a good fight.

-Sparta: 6-7. Its no secret that in Karma they were in the same boat as MHA above. However, in this war their affirmative steps payed off, and while they still have a way to go, I would say that they redeemed themselves overall. [url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=34978&Extended=1"]Also, I'm glad to see they are still headed in the right direction[/url].

-Viridian Entente: 8. Our output and damage capability in the midrange is superb. However, I can't give us a solid 9 until we grow our top tier a bit more.

-Fark: 8. Same reasoning as VE, albeit a bit higher. They push a 9 though due to their notoriously good activity.

-Mushroom Kingdom: 9. Insane activity and massive group of veterans.

-Orange Defense Network : 7. This war did quite a bit to raise your credibility as a fighting alliance in my book. On your front, you were one of the best.

-United Purple Nations: ???

-FOK: 8. Same reasoning as VE.

-Global Alliance And Treaty Organization: 5. I have to give you guys an average score because there just wasn't enough to see this war from you, and not because of anything you did wrong but just because of a lack of range appropriate targets to get you all fully engaged. For those you did have, you handled them well, and next war I expect this to go up to a 7 if you can find yourselves going full out.

-The Legion: 5. In Karma, I would have given you a 3, but this war your damage output and staying power did go up a bit.

-The Order Of The Paradox: 8-9. As expected for a bunch of elite nations, but because it was as expected there was nothing that made me want to say "wow, that was nuts, they should get a 10".

-Ragnarok: 7. In Karma, not only did you push out offensive wars and damage like it was your job, but you had awesome staying power. In this war you handled NEW like champs, however I didn't see that same staying power once they were under control. But, because of NEW's potency, it really wasn't that big of a deal and didn't reflect "badly" or anything.

-RnR: 5. Your output at the onset of the war was great, however there's something to be said about a lack of lasting ability.

-The Order Of Light: 5.7. In Karma, this would have been a 3 or a 4. However, much like Sparta, you guys apparently made some changes for the better.

-Random Insanity Alliance: 6-7. An all around solid group.

-Umbrella: 8. My first real impression of them was this war, and they kicked $@!.

-Poison Clan: 8-9. Same reasoning as Umbrella, however with a bit more umph due to their level of engagement and sheer amount of damage they caused on all fronts.

-Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations: 5. Also a solid group, and next war I expect this to go up a bit in light of the experience earned here and the acquisition of a few more mil wonders.

-Nueva Vida: 7. NV can handle their own, and have a very nicely stacked group of mid range nations.

-Federation Of Armed Nations: 7. I expected about a 9 to come out of them, but overall they are definitely a tough bunch. Considering the time it takes back to get into the swing of things after being kept down as long as they were, a 7 is good, reputation or no reputation.

-Independent Republic Of Orange Nations: 7. While your potency is average at best, your staying power speaks for itself and definitely gets you +2 in my book.

-Siberian Tiger Alliance: 5

-Multicolored Cross-X Alliance: 3. Low activity showed, in regards what they could do, what they could handle, and what they were prepared for.

-The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons: 6, strong group of nations, but didn't stand out.

-Athens: 5

-Nordreich: 7-8. Your tenacity and ability impressed me.

-The International: 5

-The Foreign Division: 6. TFD did cause me a bit of a headache, but it was due to political reasons and not their ability in general. Sure, their preformance was slightly above average, but the surrounding circumstances made it look a lot better then it actually was.

-LOSS: 5

-Nusantara Elite Warriors: 8. As expected.

-The Grämlins: 4. In Karma and before, this would have been a 8 or a 9, but honestly did you do anything this war? You didn't test yourselves, and you weren't tested. If anything, you held back and I'm relatively sure it is due to being plagued with inactivity.

-Guru Order: 5. Alliances with low avg ns's are notorious for being awful, however that was not the case with Guru. While they weren't spectacular, they preformed at the baseline level of warfare when I expected them (like any alliance with their stats) to be far below it. I suspect as their stats go up their potency will as well.

-North Atlantic Defense Coalition: 5.

-M*A*S*H: 3. Lined you up to fold, and fold you did. Not a good reputation to have before hand when you are pegged for an early surrender, and not a good reputation to have after when you do exactly that.

-The Templar Knights: 5
[/quote]

BEST REVIEW so far. See it is not that bad to ask for some reason and to not be totally biased.

Edited by King Louis the II