Cybernations' Most Egomaniacal?

Stonewall Jaxon

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bilrow' date='24 March 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1269485094' post='2235992']
Who are you?
[/quote]

Bilrow? Now how do I know that name? Oh yeah you lead that GGA alliance don't you? Or is it GPA? I always mix those two up. I hear you are quite the idol of the green sphere. You know people would be more likely to remember you if you changed your name. The Big Bilrow maybe?

[quote name='Vilien' date='24 March 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1269461294' post='2235494']
I challenge you to find someone more egotistical than myself. I assure you that you will not succeed.
[/quote]

My apologies, Vilien, but I don't think you fit the definition. Well, at least not according to wikipedia which is, "Egomania is an obsessive preoccupation with one's self and applies to someone who follows their own ungoverned impulses and is possessed by delusions of personal greatness and feels a lack of appreciation."

Problem is I wouldn't say you are "ungoverned", you're rather the opposite in your delusions of personal greatness. :P But the plus to that is it's far more scary for those who hold opposite ideals.

Thus, I have to give my vote (at least recently - I'm sure there are historical figures that are far better examples) to Jack Diorno.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Schad' date='24 March 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1269484587' post='2235982']
We're all raging egomaniacs...some of us are just far lazier than others.
[/quote]

There is certainly an argument that anyone who posts on OWF on any significant basis has at least leanings in that direction. But we are talking about who is "MOST" and we all can't hold that title. Pity.

P_C, NoWedge, Chris Kaos, Stumpy, Doitzel, RV, Londo, Jack Diorno, and I'll throw in Magical Trevor for the lulz.

Seriously, though, there's too many to make a really comprehensive list.

Also, some banned players, and a certain leader of a certain alliance who's acronym starts with 'G' and ends with 'D' with an 'O' in the middle.

Edited by Lord Boris

I'm thinking the person that said this:

"Who built your alliance? I did! Who rallied the world to arms in the greatest single effort this [b]CENSORED[/b] place has ever seen? I did! I am the true and righteous hero of CN! Without me there is only darkness and evil, I am everything we supposedly wanted to save about this game. I am CN!"

P_C hands down. It's not even a competition. Everyone else is just trying to fill his shoes.

Prodigal Chieftain. I say this only after reading the first page of responses (and he popped into my head right away after reading the OP). I don't know if he became a popular choice thereafter.

Edited by Drai

P_C and C_K are both before my time. Ivan would have to come top of my list, though he has mellowed a little since his return; Doitzel and RV also score pretty highly. For a non-Pacifican, Walford was pretty impressive back in the days of CNARF.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='25 March 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1269539434' post='2236434']
P_C and C_K are both before my time. Ivan would have to come top of my list, though he has mellowed a little since his return; Doitzel and RV also score pretty highly. For a non-Pacifican, Walford was pretty impressive back in the days of CNARF.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I don't think of myself as an egomaniac. I am actually quite humble, although I do often acknowledge my many accomplishments. I really is hard not to. But yes, I do have a personality and that may rub others the wrong way. Well, only a few, and generally these people are nobodies. They are resentful of me because I am superior. A natural human feeling, but yes, that is my point. I am not an egomaniac. I am only portrayed as one by individuals who seek to demonize me due to their own personal failings.

Note I am not accusing you of this. You do not know with me, and you have never dealt with me. I in fact find you to be a rather reasonable man. That does not change the fact that you are influenced by my enemies, whose propaganda is clearly turning you against me. Well, I do suppose everyone needs a bad guy. I just ask that you take into consideration the motives people have for being against me before you make your assessment. Once you do that you are sure to see things in a much clearer manner. Thank you.[/color]

[quote name='wickedj' date='25 March 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1269546799' post='2236523']
I dont know PC or CK so Schattenmann or all of NSO. Sorry Pacifica, NSO has outdone you
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I really don't see how the NSO is egomaniacal. They are honest, yes, but they are not egomaniacs. They have a strong, unique community, and that is something to be proud of. They have also survived much adversity and even thrived. Something else to be proud of. Not only that they have a tremendous amount of influence relative to their size, and garner an enormous amount of respect. Even their enemies are forced to respect them, even if they won't acknowledge it, it is true. I am an RIA member and I am not ashamed to say that I respect the NSO.

To be fair, they are more unique and accomplished than many other alliances, and have made an impact on the world. That is something that cannot be said about your alliance. No?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='25 March 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1269540236' post='2236440']
[color="#0000FF"]I don't think of myself as an egomaniac. I am actually quite humble, although I do often acknowledge my many accomplishments. I really is hard not to. But yes, I do have a personality and that may rub others the wrong way. Well, only a few, and generally these people are nobodies. They are resentful of me because I am superior. A natural human feeling, but yes, that is my point. I am not an egomaniac. I am only portrayed as one by individuals who seek to demonize me due to their own personal failings.

Note I am not accusing you of this. You do not know with me, and you have never dealt with me. I in fact find you to be a rather reasonable man. That does not change the fact that you are influenced by my enemies, whose propaganda is clearly turning you against me. Well, I do suppose everyone needs a bad guy. I just ask that you take into consideration the motives people have for being against me before you make your assessment. Once you do that you are sure to see things in a much clearer manner. Thank you.[/color]
[/quote]

no, you're not an egomaniac, just annoying.

I never really found CK to be an egomaniac, despite being a pain to deal with. Then again, I am somewhat of a megalomaniac myself, so any such disorder might simply seem normal behaviour to me.

But PC is surely in a league of his own, solely for his grandiose and over the top posts.

[quote name='President Sitruk' date='25 March 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1269557934' post='2236681']
no, you're not an egomaniac, just annoying.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]That is hardly the way to address one of your most ardent public defenders. You have enough enemies as it is, so you may be wise not to slap a friend in the face.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='25 March 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1269559040' post='2236702']
[color="#0000FF"]That is hardly the way to address one of your most ardent public defenders. You have enough enemies as it is, so you may be wise not to slap a friend in the face.[/color]
[/quote]

i dont think i have too many enemies. hell, for the most part, i'm a nobody. but despite which set of trenches we reside in, i still consider many on the other side friends.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='25 March 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1269539434' post='2236434']
For a non-Pacifican, Walford was pretty impressive back in the days of CNARF.
[/quote]

I was going to say Walford as well, but due to his NONE fight. I'd also have to say Chimaera and Timeline.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

It's funny how most of these names are from a bygone era, it almost seems as though the days of the personality in alliance leadership are a thing of the past (and this feeling is certainly not shaken when noting the number of large, bland and faceless alliances knocking around these days). Is personality now considered too offensive for high level government, or too dangerous, or what?

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='25 March 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1269564739' post='2236778']
It's funny how most of these names are from a bygone era, it almost seems as though the days of the personality in alliance leadership are a thing of the past (and this feeling is certainly not shaken when noting the number of large, bland and faceless alliances knocking around these days). Is personality now considered too offensive for high level government, or too dangerous, or what?
[/quote]

It's much harder to be a maniac when everyone is hooked into the treaty web.