Karma for Sparta

Alterego

607 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='fear2012' date='28 February 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1267382640' post='2208592']
What makes you think I am trying to provoke you? Really I am a better person than that. So maybe you should drop it.
[/quote]
I'd take Branimir's advice if I were you. He knows what he's talking about.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings inhabitants of "Planet Bob". I've been sseing a lot of angry posts lately here and there all over our Cyberverse. Now I don't know if peoples RL feelings are hurt over the issues of the last few months that have led up to and throughout this war or if people are just out here to post things to try to get a rise out another group of folks. Either way, it seems pretty senseless, to much energy going to waste into nothing very productive. I'd just like to say, that as an ordained minister (granted it's an online ordination through the ULC, but hey I can officailly marry people, give last rites, etc.), lets rechannel this angry energy into something more productive like within our own respective alliances and to the rebuilding efforts for those who are already out of this conflict, and for those who are still in this conflict to finish it out with dignity and honor and to their rebuilding efforts once all the hostilities have ceased. :)

[quote name='Alterego' date='28 February 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1267367847' post='2208250']
Sparta have managed to sneak around the world on the coat tails of others getting in on beat downs, dropping allies when its convenient and extorting massive amounts of reps year after year. Will they ever get the beatdown they deserve?
[/quote]
Sparta doesn't have an history of "extorting massive amounts of reps year after year" If I recall correctly this war is the first time Sparta has asked for reps. Both of them were in defensive fronts. The amounts were 10k tech for Legion after that "white peace debacle" and 800 million for TOOL, I wouldn't consider that massive.

[quote name='fear2012' date='28 February 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1267383866' post='2208616']
Just like every else out there knows "what they are talking about" Its more like a bunch of little frat boys sitting around in a circle fondling one another while trying to decide "who" to troll on next.
[/quote]

Stop taking the game so seriously in the OOC forum...take the propaganda to the IC areas.

[quote name='illini12day' date='28 February 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1267378278' post='2208470']
O really? I am sorry you guys don't have balls to attack us if you think we are such a bad alliance! By the way we are number 4 alliance! Attack us and I bet you we won't be one burning! And Sparta ain't going down this year we just need to re-adjust things after this war!

Doxa Sparta!!!!!
[/quote]

CN TOUGH GUY

YYEEAHHH

[img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-c00lbert.gif[/img]

[quote name='Pearl' date='28 February 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1267381292' post='2208553']
Uh oh. Is the big bad Sparta ruining the game again? I knew it. Down with sparta before we get a chance to cripple/disband a few alliances, and insert a few viceroys.

EDIT: Voted less then 3 months. We deserve Satan's wrath asap.
[/quote]

I think the majority of the people in here think that Sparta is too irrelevant to actually ruin something.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='28 February 2010 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1267382709' post='2208593']
Did you see the very post he was quoting?

Further, extracting blood money from the war as you have isn't "just trying to get along in this cyberverse". You're clearly quite full of yourselves.
[/quote]

oh, I thought I put a contingency clause in that statement that said outside of loaded threads like this one. I must have erased that. My bad.

In any case, the butt-hurt bawwwwwing in this thread is delicious.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='28 February 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1267384122' post='2208624']
Stop taking the game so seriously in the OOC forum...take the propaganda to the IC areas.
[/quote]

Beat me to it.

I really don't know Sparta, but what i have seen from them during this war, i don't like it. First impressions are everything to me and since i'm a youngin, this war has given me some decent and some not so decent first impressions of alliances. I honestly don't care what you did in the past as i wasn't there for it, what matters to me is what you do know in-game.

[quote name='Baden-Württemberg' date='28 February 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1267384385' post='2208628']
I think the majority of the people in here think that Sparta is too irrelevant to actually ruin something.
[/quote]

Well that's good? I don't think Sparta's intentions are to ruin anything or anyone.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='28 February 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1267380622' post='2208534']
Sparta has had a piss poor military since the unjust war, the only reason anyone in TPF gave them praise at the time for their "fighting skill" was because we were TOLD to. By and large, back then, everyone was simply laughing at how badly you guys were doing. Now, shoot forward to today, and I hear the same stories, how bad sparta fought, how ill-prepared they were...

Dude, don't dare people to fight you if, in two years time, you haven't learned a thing from your mistakes. Just because your allies were superior, does not mean that YOU were.
[/quote]

I really tought that you were someone that used logic. I really did. You have all the right to hate us, and have a different oppinion. However, to talk crap about Sparta military is just plain delusional. If you prefer to live your own fantasy it is your right to do so. However, if yoiu are really interested to know the truth try to learn about Sparta accomplishments during this war. Ask TOP top tier about their fights against us. Ask Liquid mercury, ask Extremerely Average. Ask most of IRON fighters.

Take a look at rankings and see how we did after fighting TOP/IRON/Legion/TOOL/OMFG.

I have read many of your postings and I really liked many of them (specially your peaceful phase). It is really disapointing to see that you become delusional.

If you want to say crap against us is your right. However to say lies just will make you a clown.

[quote name='King Louis the II' date='28 February 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1267388106' post='2208707']
I really tought that you were someone that used logic. I really did. You have all the right to hate us, and have a different oppinion. However, to talk crap about Sparta military is just plain delusional. If you prefer to live your own fantasy it is your right to do so. However, if yoiu are really interested to know the truth try to learn about Sparta accomplishments during this war. Ask TOP top tier about their fights against us. Ask Liquid mercury, ask Extremerely Average. Ask most of IRON fighters.

Take a look at rankings and see how we did after fighting TOP/IRON/Legion/TOOL/OMFG.

I have read many of your postings and I really liked many of them (specially your peaceful phase). It is really disapointing to see that you become delusional.

If you want to say crap against us is your right. However to say lies just will make you a clown.
[/quote]

KLII It's just astronaut jones. Don't take his words for face value :P

[quote name='Alterego' date='28 February 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1267369285' post='2208283']
If you are sick of me whining on the forum "why don't you do something about it instead of whining on the forums?"
[/quote]

I am just happy to let you make a fool of yourself. As far as I see... it's either you or your other ego winning the race. I'm not really sure.

You only find out 8 months later that Sparta switched sides, so I'll vote for 'far too sneaky' option.
Also pro-tip: Dont be rude to them, or else if you're defeated, they're going to extort loads of reps.

On a serious note, generally I think Sparta isn't as hated as NPO, they should do fine for now.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='King Louis the II' date='01 March 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1267388106' post='2208707']

[/quote]

We've had so many piled on us that we didn't notice you out from the crowd. There hasn't been anything exceptional to really shaken the image of your military that was formed after Karma. On the contrary, on the amount of people that left Sparta in the odds that are extremely favorable to you doesn't really add points to your repute. I might be however wrong as I saw the numbers on the passing.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='King Louis the II' date='28 February 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1267388106' post='2208707']

[/quote]

I can say that those from Sparta haven't done much against me. Richie got wrecked (another one to top the top 5 biggest losers of the week due to me) and even forgot to nuke me one day as well as tried to spy away nukes when I had under 5 with my HNMS....

MK has done well when I've fought them (bawheid just has terrible luck but was always on to coordinate).

I can assuredly tell you that I love to see Sparta nations against me in comparison to others such as MK. MK coordinates, even The Brigade coordinates, Sparta, not so much. I have no problem giving props where props are due but Sparta's military force is still woefully lacking both in terms of warchest and military coordination. So here go props to worthwhile opponents that I have fought this war: MK/TheBrigade. o/ to both.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='28 February 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1267373411' post='2208359']
It's a terrible theme, completely contrary to the character of their alliance. Not once have they been outnumbered. I never thought there'd be an alliance based on a meme lasting so long.

in b4 "mushroom kingdom is a meme".
[/quote]
As I recall, Sparta was formed before 300 was made. (Or at the very least, released.).

Besides that, Spartans weren't always outnumbered.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='28 February 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1267373095' post='2208354']
Sparta is not an alliance that leads they just follow. The have a complete lack of loyalty to anyone except themselves. So far this has allowed them to slip from side to side. In the grand scheme of things people think of them as irrelevant so they don't get much attention. They have however bean collecting a large group of enemies. Their allies are also aware that they have little value as a military ally and are not well liked or trusted. So I can see Sparta burning within the year if they don't collapse from inactivity and poor leadership first.
[/quote]

If this is the opinion of their enemies then I'll gladly burn with them.

Sparta are great people, have an active and friendly community. Their leaders are awesome people when you get to know them and their military is getting much better. I'd like to see you turn their number of nations into the unbelievable fighting force you (and others) try to impose on them. It takes time, time they've used to improve their military for awhile now.

As an ally, I can tell you that I see the exact opposite you seem to see.

At least acknowledge that of the major alliances they have taken some of the most initiative to cleanse their ranks and improve, because you're throwing them under a bus when they deserve none of that.

E: Also, the bias in this poll is ridiculous.

Edited by lonewolfe2015