Karma for Sparta

Alterego

607 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='28 February 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1267377864' post='2208465']
That option is referring to Sparta's tendency to seek out and buddy up to the side in power. If there is enough lead time for them to realize a beat down is coming their way, they'll switch sides so fast your head will spin.
[/quote]
If that's the case, then it's up to CN as a whole to dictate when Sparta gets theirs, and based on the past, someone will allow them to do it again.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O really? I am sorry you guys don't have balls to attack us if you think we are such a bad alliance! By the way we are number 4 alliance! Attack us and I bet you we won't be one burning! And Sparta ain't going down this year we just need to re-adjust things after this war!

Doxa Sparta!!!!!

[quote name='illini12day' date='28 February 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1267378278' post='2208470']
And Sparta ain't going down this year we just need to re-adjust things after this war!
[/quote]
That is your mentality, yes. You'll wait and see what the post-war political climate looks like, and do your best to "re-adjust" yourself to the bigger side.

Alterego, are you so worked up you thought it was a good idea to post this in an OOC part of this forum?

I'd just like to note that not everyone agrees with the assumption that "Sparta deserves a beatdown". :P

Edited by Tromp

[quote name='Alterego' date='28 February 2010 - 07:57 AM' timestamp='1267369285' post='2208283']
If you are sick of me whining on the forum[/quote]

Well at least your aware of the fact that your a constant whinner, your other 2600+ posts are basically the same crap over and over. Do something different, like I dunno sing the Peanut Butter Jelly time song or something.

[quote name='illini12day' date='28 February 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1267378278' post='2208470']
O really? I am sorry you guys don't have balls to attack us if you think we are such a bad alliance! By the way we are number 4 alliance! Attack us and I bet you we won't be one burning! And Sparta ain't going down this year we just need to re-adjust things after this war!

Doxa Sparta!!!!!
[/quote]

Yep thats the Spartan loyalty to allies. Drop them and lick the boots of whomever you think will be in power. How long did you think you could keep doing that before everyone noticed. If you epxect people to keep carrying your alliance you need to have something to offer. You don't even make good meat shields.

[quote name='illini12day' date='28 February 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1267378278' post='2208470']

Doxa Sparta!!!!!
[/quote]

Sparta has had a piss poor military since the unjust war, the only reason anyone in TPF gave them praise at the time for their "fighting skill" was because we were TOLD to. By and large, back then, everyone was simply laughing at how badly you guys were doing. Now, shoot forward to today, and I hear the same stories, how bad sparta fought, how ill-prepared they were...

Dude, don't dare people to fight you if, in two years time, you haven't learned a thing from your mistakes. Just because your allies were superior, does not mean that YOU were.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='28 February 2010 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1267380180' post='2208522']
Yep thats the Spartan loyalty to allies. Drop them and lick the boots of whomever you think will be in power. How long did you think you could keep doing that before everyone noticed. If you epxect people to keep carrying your alliance you need to have something to offer. You don't even make good meat shields.
[/quote]

Whats with the mind set behind all this trolling...blah blah blah. Needing a little ego boost today?

[quote name='illini12day' date='28 February 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1267378278' post='2208470']

Doxa Sparta!!!!!
[/quote]
heh, tough words there...#4 alliance. One on One I'd bet the farm on any of the other sanctioned alliances...until you bring in your allies for "support".

[quote name='illini12day' date='28 February 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1267378278' post='2208470']
O really? I am sorry you guys don't have balls to attack us if you think we are such a bad alliance! By the way [b]we are number 4 alliance![/b] Attack us and I bet you we won't be one burning! And Sparta ain't going down this year we just need to re-adjust things after this war!

Doxa Sparta!!!!!
[/quote]

This is rich. And the thread isn't even 2 pages long. Have fun readjusting things, if I were you, I'd sign a few additional treaties. Or do it like ODN, suck up to Archon and get into CnG. Your possibilities are endless :P

Threatening alliances with Karma-like curbstomps and terms is a GREAT way to make them become more paranoid and start attacking on flimsier pretexts with heavier terms. Which might suit the aims of some alliances since they have a political score to settle, but certainly isn't what I want.

Uh oh. Is the big bad Sparta ruining the game again? I knew it. Down with sparta before we get a chance to cripple/disband a few alliances, and insert a few viceroys.

EDIT: Voted less then 3 months. We deserve Satan's wrath asap.

Edited by Pearl

[quote name='illini12day' date='28 February 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1267378278' post='2208470']

Doxa Sparta!!!!!
[/quote]No one is unbeatable.

I have little interest in harming Sparta, but I would suggest that you don't get complacent. NPO were thought to be unbeatable for years, and then they were crushed. TOP was thought, even by the most experienced players, to have an unbreakable top tier, but enough dedicated alliances concentrating on them have brought them to their knees. No one is unbeatable.

[quote name='fear2012' date='28 February 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1267381175' post='2208551']And what just makes you laugh child?[/quote]
Child? You really arent good at this provoking business, you could just drop it now.

Listen, I know you feel proudly about your alliance and that is grand. You will though, have to accept that there are people out there which do not take your alliance overly serious-- take you just as a clumsy sidekick. They base that partly on their personal experience with your alliance as well as on the experience of others.

We all have our own point of views. You will have to learn to live with that. If you want to change some people's opinions, you will not prove a different point by weak attempts at provocation, but if you perform differently in the future then from what people perceive you.

[quote name='Alterego' date='28 February 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1267367847' post='2208250']
Sparta have managed to sneak around the world on the coat tails of others getting in on beat downs, dropping allies when its convenient and extorting massive amounts of reps year after year. Will they ever get the beatdown they deserve?
[/quote]

I don't have any problems with Sparta, but seeing that they're one of the few sanctioned alliances who have not been at the downside of a beat down I'd say statistically they're due for one in the next 3-6 months.

The [i]real[/i] question is: Who will be the one(s) to deliver it.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='28 February 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1267381412' post='2208557']
No one is unbeatable.

I have little interest in harming Sparta, but I would suggest that you don't get complacent. NPO were thought to be unbeatable for years, and then they were crushed. TOP was thought, even by the most experienced players, to have an unbreakable top tier, but enough dedicated alliances concentrating on them have brought them to their knees. No one is unbeatable.
[/quote]

Who said we thought we were unbeatable? I really don't see too many Spartans out making calleous warmongering 'WE R INVICIBLE' remarks like some other alliances I know. Someone post quotes if I am wrong. ;)

Sparta is just trying to get along in this cyberverse

[quote name='Branimir' date='28 February 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1267381861' post='2208571']
Child? You really arent good at this provoking business, you could just drop it now.[/quote]

What makes you think I am trying to provoke you? Really I am a better person than that. So maybe you should drop it.

[quote name='Pearl' date='28 February 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1267382575' post='2208587']
Who said we thought we were unbeatable? I really don't see too many Spartans out making calleous warmongering 'WE R INVICIBLE' remarks like some other alliances I know. Someone post quotes if I am wrong. ;)

Sparta is just trying to get along in this cyberverse
[/quote]
Did you see the very post he was quoting?

Further, extracting blood money from the war as you have isn't "just trying to get along in this cyberverse". You're clearly quite full of yourselves.

[quote name='fear2012' date='28 February 2010 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1267380704' post='2208536']
Whats with the mind set behind all this trolling...blah blah blah. Needing a little ego boost today?
[/quote]

You know if it was just me, or just people on the opposite side of the war as you maybe, you could claim that. However its very clear from this and the TOOL surrender that dislike for Sparta is coming from people on both sides of the war and people who were not even in it. Your alliance with its side flipping, continued poor war performace, and demands for heavy reps for the work you allies have done have led Sparta to this place. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

[quote name='fear2012' date='28 February 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1267382640' post='2208592']What makes you think I am trying to provoke you? Really I am a better person than that. So maybe you should drop it.[/quote]
Actually, on a second thought, maybe you should drop the entire posting thing for a while ;D

I am not the person you directed your condescending "child" comment, meant to offend and provoke a negative response, nor am I a person to get provoked with similar commends to begin with. Actually, I am trying to do you a favor by advising you to drop the current line your on, because your commends just make your alliance look worser. But, its up to you to take my well aimed advice, or not.

Edited by Branimir