Karma for Sparta

Alterego

607 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='06 March 2010 - 04:54 AM' timestamp='1267869555' post='2215803']
Sparta has demanded reps because other side was 'rude' during 'war'..its one of the most absurd reasons for reps. Dont make it another dot on your rep, take some reps off Legion.
[/quote]

I don't believe we've ever given an official reason for reps, we've only stated that poor conduct on the part of the offending parties has INCREASED them, the main reason for reps being that--wait hold on, you'll find this reason even more outrageous--we were aggressively attacked without any semblance of justification! But far be it from you to distinguish between fact and fiction, just like all the aggressors, comfortably ignorant of reality, stolen away in your little world where you're right and everyone else is wrong. God it must be wonderful to be you.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='06 March 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1267893691' post='2216017']
But far be it from you to distinguish between fact and fiction, just like all the aggressors, comfortably ignorant of reality, stolen away in your little world where you're right and everyone else is wrong. God it must be wonderful to be you.
[/quote]

Demagogy is quite lame, Olaf.

[quote name='der_ko' date='06 March 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1267889822' post='2215934']
OOC: So you condone OOC attacks now? Good to know.
[/quote]
So you condone the demanding of reparations for ooc name calling now? good to know.

[quote name='der_ko' date='06 March 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1267889822' post='2215934']
OOC: So you condone OOC attacks now? Good to know.
[/quote]

To give an IC response to an OOC event is, on the lack of a better adjective, dumb.

[quote name='alyster' date='06 March 2010 - 12:26 PM' timestamp='1267896680' post='2216060']
[/quote]

An opinion, my ex-Spartan friend, but not a fact, as is your classification of myself as a Demagogue. However, we shall see.

[quote name='Alterego' date='06 March 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1267898961' post='2216086']
So you condone the demanding of reparations for ooc name calling now? good to know.
[/quote]

Surrender talks are OOC now?

In the interests of full disclosure, if you started acting like a 12 year old while surrendering to my alliance, I'd up your reps too, because idiocy deserves to be punished. It costs you nothing to be civil, if you want to waste my time with juvenile attempts at dominance games I'll charge you for the privilege, my time is valuable, waste it and you can foot the bill for it.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='07 March 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1267922933' post='2216435']
Surrender talks are OOC now?

In the interests of full disclosure, if you started acting like a 12 year old while surrendering to my alliance, I'd up your reps too, because idiocy deserves to be punished. It costs you nothing to be civil, if you want to waste my time with juvenile attempts at dominance games I'll charge you for the privilege, my time is valuable, waste it and you can foot the bill for it.
[/quote]
Not a very mature stance, one could even call it Juvenile.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='06 March 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1267922933' post='2216435']
If you want to waste my time with juvenile attempts at dominance games I'll charge you for the privilege, my time is valuable, waste it and you can foot the bill for it.
[/quote]

You'd charge 1.2 billion dollars for it?

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='07 March 2010 - 03:24 AM' timestamp='1267932553' post='2216581']
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you goes both ways. If you act disrespectfully prepare for people to show you none.
[/quote]
They are not comparable, in this case its If you (they) "act disrespectfully prepare for people to show you none" & charge you a ton of tech. It sets a precedent that will undoubtedly comeback to haunt the alliance in question at some future point in time.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Lusitan' date='05 March 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1267834111' post='2215355']
My mistake. I seem to recall people worrying about DoWing on Argent because it'd pull TOP in, probably where my confusion spawned from.

However, it stands true for all the others.
[/quote]

We had an MDoAP with TOP at the time, which is why there was that concern, but yeah we joined Citadel a short while after Karma.

[quote name='elborrador' date='07 March 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1267979999' post='2216905']
Sparta is hemoraghing(sp?) members. If we're lucky they'll do the humane thing and kill themselves off before someone else has to step in.
[/quote]

That's not a very nice thing to say.

[quote name='Alterego' date='07 March 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1267963180' post='2216804']
They are not comparable, in this case its If you (they) "act disrespectfully prepare for people to show you none" & charge you a ton of tech. It sets a precedent that will undoubtedly comeback to haunt the alliance in question at some future point in time.
[/quote]

It might, no one said this was a perfect decision, or one that people would like. I am just saying that it happens.

[quote name='alyster' date='07 March 2010 - 04:56 AM' timestamp='1267896680' post='2216060']
[/quote]

Olaf is a demagogue after populist support? Evidence please?

EDIT: Also, hi alyster, missed me much?

Edited by Imperator Hades

This thread is funny for a few reasons. I really liked watching the sparta members make themselves look great.

Really though, I don't think Sparta really has much Karma coming to them if any. The only 'crime' they've done is take reps from peripheral alliances in this war, and maybe others. Slinking from one side to the other isn't a crime, just a sign of a bad ally.

[quote name='elborrador' date='07 March 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1267979999' post='2216905']
Sparta is hemoraghing(sp?) members. If we're lucky they'll do the humane thing and kill themselves off before someone else has to step in.
[/quote]
Aww, you're just as innocuous and lovable here as you are in CN:TE :wub:

Honestly though, i can't take you seriously when you try to say stuff like this. lol

things I have learned from this thread:

1) Alterego knows how to use deceptive statistical tactics. Leading question? 5 one-sided answers that represent varying intensities of one opinion? Its like my freshman year marketing class all hopped up on stupid.

2) [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=81862&view=findpost&p=2209088]Olaf Styke is my new favorite.[/url] Fantastic stuff.

3) [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=81862&view=findpost&p=2213548]If you listen carefully while reading Starfox's posts, you can hear him scream "I hate you!" several times, run upstairs, then lock himself in the bathroom.[/url]

4) Sparta is the new face of evil, everyone should hate them :rolleyes:

5) We should all stop posting. I think the last time anyone, myself included, made a comment on these forums without making themselves or their alliance look bad was back in '07.

Edited by Tungsten